Old Aug 01, 2015, 11:44 AM
Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
You will be assimilated
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,985 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking is not amazon

After Hobbyking borrowed my money without paying interest and without permission due to what I can only guess was a cashflow crunch on their part back in 2013, I stopped ordering from HobbyKing.

Until a couple of weeks ago. I ordered a little DLG to fly at a hill near my house, just for *fun*.

And guess what, HobbyKing is at it again.

FedEx damaged HobbyKing's package so badly that FedEx did not even bother delivering it, instead listing it as "Damaged - handling per shipper instructions" on the FedEx tracking site.

Now, the damage could be FedEx's fault, or HobbyKings (poor packaging)--one thing is for certain--it was not mine.

I contacted hobbyking to see how they were going to handle it. It took them over 35 minutes to verify the FedEx tracking.

Then announced they would refund my money after they receive the package back.

The package is in FedEx's hands, being handled per shipper's instructions...for all I know, HobbyKing told them to toss the package in the trash, or send it on a slow boat back to China.

I'd much rather deal with either a small company, or a huge one like Amazon. Amazon customer service in situations like this is something everybody should strive for.

Customer service from small mom and pop online hobby shops is usually very good, with few exceptions.

Guess I'm going to have to go by the Whipit instead.

I'm not really interested in playing the games hobbyking plays.

18 more months until I shop at hobbyking again...
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2015, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
United States, NY, Brentwood
Joined Dec 2013
483 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this... send me a PM and I'll get to the bottom of it and make things right for you.

Rob

HK CS NY
HobbyKingCSNYC is offline Find More Posts by HobbyKingCSNYC
Site Sponsor