New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by kensmith979
United States, NC, Oakboro
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Very nice paintjob! I really like the colors and scheme. I've ordered a Skymule and I'm thinking about a simple custom paint instead of the gaudy factory scheme.
kensmith979 is offline Find More Posts by kensmith979
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 04:26 PM
Find More Posts by Rampage
What tree?
United States, CA, Twentynine Palms
Joined Aug 2005
3,550 Posts
I got a couple flights on mine yesterday. It rained a lot last Thursday so our hardpack clay strip was smooth as glass.

The 'Mule is the easiest plane to land I have ever flown. The sinkrate is perfect, the flair is beautiful and it sticks the landings wonderfully. I have never greased so many landings in a row.

This plane is just a delight to fly and has such a wide envelope for the type of airframe it is. And it seems to have a complete lack of bad habits. No nasty stalls, slows down nicely..

I know it's not a trainer, but it flies like one. Honestly, I think with a buddy box, this COULD be a trainer. It's that docile.

Really liking my 'Mule and despite the spar issue, I'm happy with my purchase. Wonderful airplane.

Definitely gonna' get the MAS props and B-25 prop nuts. Think I'm gonna' get the PFP clear canopy too.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Today, 04:32 PM
Find More Posts by kensmith979
United States, NC, Oakboro
Joined Mar 2013
2 Posts
Skymule on floats

Has anyone tried putting the Skymule on floats? I like flying my Flyzone Beaver on floats, and I thought about trying to fit that floatset onto the Skymule eventually.
kensmith979 is offline Find More Posts by kensmith979
Old Today, 04:36 PM
Find More Posts by Rampage
What tree?
United States, CA, Twentynine Palms
Joined Aug 2005
3,550 Posts
There's a conversion kit to turn the 'Mule into a flying boat.

http://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/in...roducts_id=706

Thread here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2200044

And this thread, looks like it's on Apprentice floats.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266837

It actually looks really good on floats.
Rampage is offline Find More Posts by Rampage
Old Today, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by shastamike
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
3,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
I got a couple flights on mine yesterday. It rained a lot last Thursday so our hardpack clay strip was smooth as glass.

The 'Mule is the easiest plane to land I have ever flown. The sinkrate is perfect, the flair is beautiful and it sticks the landings wonderfully. I have never greased so many landings in a row.

This plane is just a delight to fly and has such a wide envelope for the type of airframe it is. And it seems to have a complete lack of bad habits. No nasty stalls, slows down nicely..

I know it's not a trainer, but it flies like one. Honestly, I think with a buddy box, this COULD be a trainer. It's that docile.

Really liking my 'Mule and despite the spar issue, I'm happy with my purchase. Wonderful airplane.

Definitely gonna' get the MAS props and B-25 prop nuts. Think I'm gonna' get the PFP clear canopy too.
Couldn't agree with you more about the landings. The Mule makes me look like a pro. Even a bad landing is barely noticeable. I went with the 3 blade MAS props and they worked out great and gave me the scale look I wanted. I"m now starting a build on the Cal-Fire OV-10 plane to go with my Mule/Bomber
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike