HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:48 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Well I have my BT module running now. All good. Thanks to those who helped out.
Got a new and strange issue now. My TX is mode 2, so arming and disarming the motors is throttle stick down the bottom and left to disarm, right to arm.
This all worked fine, till I was trimming it up and had a flip over. No damage, and my board is fully protected. I noticed after the flip the blue light on the board flashed. So I unplugged it and reset everything.
Now my board won't arm the usual way. I found that using the TriCopter arming procedure it arms and disarms.
Anyway to get this working the usual way again? Any idea why this has happened?

Oh, connecting the board to the MultiWii config shows everything working as normal. It just wont arm or disarm the usual way.

Ok, seems I solved this... for some reason the trim on the yaw jumped out and this was stopping it arming...
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Last edited by Soupbones; Jan 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: problem solved
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:17 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Slovenia, Novo mesto, Šentjernej
Joined Jan 2006
770 Posts
I have some problems with my. All sensors are working, also ppm input. I can see all commands working on screen, but when I disconnect board from PC, it does not arm...
I'm thinking of replacing ATMEGA 328P, what do you think, will it work?
kristjane is offline Find More Posts by kristjane
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
No, it sounds like your radio endpoints are wrong.
Did you actually check stick movement in GUI to make sure it's all correct?
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:55 AM
Have a nice day! Kristjan
Slovenia, Novo mesto, Šentjernej
Joined Jan 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
No, it sounds like your radio endpoints are wrong.
Did you actually check stick movement in GUI to make sure it's all correct?
I can see stick movements in GUI. Thanks for tip, will try all again.
kristjane is offline Find More Posts by kristjane
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:24 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
make sure they are centred around 1500 and fully travel as close as you can get from 1000 at the lower end to 2000 at the top end. You may not get them exact. Least try for a 1500 centre.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
ok no ones helping me (((((((((((((((((((((((
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:57 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
I would love to help you but alas I didn't quite understand your problem in the first instance........

Firstly, if the GUI is playing up on your screen then maybe update your Java, since the app is Java based. As for your board issues, make sure all motors and inputs from the TX are in the correct pin allocations.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 06:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
I would love to help you but alas I didn't quite understand your problem in the first instance........

Firstly, if the GUI is playing up on your screen then maybe update your Java, since the app is Java based. As for your board issues, make sure all motors and inputs from the TX are in the correct pin allocations.
I did, i have the newest java now, i have vista 32bit
anyway i would really love to fix my board problem

i have right pin input , left stick is up throttle move left right yaw move r down pitch move r right roll will move

3 top left
9 top right
10 b right
11 b left
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,264 Posts
Hi this is how you want your motors wiring placed.
The GUI doesnt really have anything to do other than display the readings it takes from the board, so , if something doesnt look right on the GUI then it is board related.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane View Post
I can see stick movements in GUI. Thanks for tip, will try all again.
hi,
try to use multiwii 1.8,
i have same problem also, Arm the board manually use Aux#2.
and pitch and roll not working, just send to the board, and no give any direction to the motor.

i use multiwii 1.8 and no problem until now
rifki_bewe is offline Find More Posts by rifki_bewe
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,264 Posts
I think he has his connected wrong

3 9
10 11

It should be

3 10
11 9
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:29 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
529 Posts
Think your right there scousethief. Sounds like the motors are totally connected up wrong. Would explain a lot. I have made this same mistake in the past when I was using my Gaui334 FC. Motors plugged into the incorrect motor ports sure does make it do some strange stuff. And not fly!
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:14 PM
An ordinary sort of incredible
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Dec 2004
930 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICO38 View Post
Well

ok on the site page of http://www.multiwii.com/connecting-elements I must connect ESC for make power on my Crius board.
Is there exactly ?
Because on this thread it is indicate that is the power for Crius com from the RX receiver
But i don't know how i can make power on my rx receiver

Many thanks,

Nico38.
Power for the RX and the Crius board comes from the servo connector off of one of the ESCs. Only one of the 4 power connections (red) should really be connected to the Crius at a time. You can release/pull the red pin out of the connector and tape or heat shrink it back on itself. As with any MWC more than one power source can cause conflicts.

***Oops! looks like I just randomly answered a really old post... LOL Sorry...
mr.incredible is online now Find More Posts by mr.incredible
Last edited by mr.incredible; Jan 31, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:51 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
555 Posts
Hey guys -

I have mounted my Crius MultiWii SE to a "Goodluckbuy X525 Frame".

My ESC's are HK BlueSeries 30a that have been flashed with SimonK's modified firmware for 'RapidDrive'. My motors are some RC Tiger MT2814 (710KV) motors (these motors are reportedly very, very similar in characteristics to the AVRotos). I am using 10x4.5 "Gemfan-style" props.

I have successfully setup the bird in Quad-X, and I first set the 'throws' on my transmitter to match 1095/1500/1905. I did this because I read it on the Multiwiicopter website. Now I see that instead they should be setup as 1000/1500/2000. So, I changed it.

After resetting the TX endpoints, I re-calibrated the ESC throttle range just to be sure.

My problem is that in my ground tests, when I arm the board the blue light comes on but the props do not spin until throttle gets up to maybe 20% or so. More specifically, the motors do not start until my throttle gets up to roughly 1130 - 1150 or so (in the GUI). That is not a big problem to me, but I wonder if it is causing my problem.

Also - when I test full yaw I notice that two motors will stop altogether.

To clarify, when I push the yaw stick all the way to the right, the front left and the rear right motors stop - they don't just slow down, they stop.

The resulting flight test showed me a bird that flew ok, not great but ok. But - of all of the parameters to have go weird on these things mine was Z axis! It seemed to arbitrarily jump up or down about a foot at a time. YEs, of course I made SURE the Baro was not activated. That was not the problem. I am very suspicious that my problem is the motors stopping.

I did not modify the firmware on my board at all. I suspect that I need to change my 'min throttle' level?

I would welcome some feedback as to whether the motor stopping thing is (or could be) the problem.

(It could also be that I did not even try to balance the props, but I've not seen symptoms like that from unbalanced props before.

Also, with all of the talk regarding the many different ways to edit the *.pde file, I am no longer clear on whether the definition for Crius MultiWii SE needs work or not.

Can anyone help me out here, or have I rambled too long?
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Look in config.h or def.h or so there will be lowest motor start pulse, with simonk stuff you want to have it way below default of 1120, maybe 1080 or so, and while you're there change the motor idle pulse width to something more appropriate too so during yaw motors dont stop.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)