Old Feb 11, 2010, 02:40 AM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Discussion
HYPERION - JU-87 Stuka 35e Build & Info Thread

Hello Everyone,

We are nearly ready to release the new Hyperion JU-87 Stuka G2! We have also produced a limited number in plain white version, for those who want to paint their own variations. (2 pcs remaining as of Feb 11 2010).

Regular production full-color Stuka should be arrving at dealers in the next 2~5 weeks depending on location.

We hope that the artists will all participate in this thread with build and coloring advice. (or perhaps start their own threads? If so, I will link them here).

We had a pre-production thread on the Stuka, but ask everyone to now transit to this thread to avoid duplication.

Click here for a high-resolution version of the box label

The Stuka comes with a special version of the superb Zs3025-08 motor, and M8 prop adapter, with total price of $269.95.

Have fun!

David
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Feb 11, 2010 at 02:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:06 AM
"the bouncer"
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,937 Posts
Looks Awesome Dave ,
Just needs a bit of dirt on it !
Can't wait to get mine !
mackone is offline Find More Posts by mackone
Old Feb 11, 2010, 03:28 AM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Beautiful airplane David! I was having trouble deciding between this and another airplane but, this beauty will grace my hangar soon!

Perfect size IMO and with the bundled Zs3025-08 motor the price is a steal! This warbird isn't modeled as much as most of them and it's refreshing to see something different with this much quality and detail built in come down the pipe. If I thought I could do it justice I'd order the un-painted version just to get my hands on one earlier.

Please update us on "bundled" Motor/ESC/Servo packages if they will be available when you can, might as well get everything I'll need all at one time.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Last edited by Buzzkill2; Feb 11, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:12 AM
Rotor madness!
Northern AZ
Joined Oct 2006
1,120 Posts
The data sheet shows the ZS3025-08 motor as "suggested"... will the Stuka be available without a power system?
Rodan is offline Find More Posts by Rodan
Old Feb 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
From posts in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave View Post
Stuka will only be sold with Zs3025-08 included...

.........Will all have Zs series motors included in the package. We will add them at a major discount (exact %not decided yet) from normal retail on the Zs motors. That way you will pay little more than you would for the cheapest motors out there, but get the best, and the motor that the model was specifically designed for.

ESC will not be included, but I plan to put together discounts for ESC when bought with model, and Atlas Digital Servos + Extensions packages at major discounts (when purchased with model), too.

David
I assume this still applies. With the size (55.1" WS) of this ARF kit the motor is practically free IMO.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 05:39 PM
Rotor madness!
Northern AZ
Joined Oct 2006
1,120 Posts
I remember that from the other thread, but why would they "suggest" a power system if it's only available with one included?

I'm hoping it will be available w/o the motor, like all of Hyperion's other offerings. Yes, good deal, but only if you want that motor...
Rodan is offline Find More Posts by Rodan
Old Feb 11, 2010, 07:08 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
I guess they have to sell two versions. One with the motor for $269.95 and one without the motor for $269.95. I'll take the first one.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackone View Post
Looks Awesome Dave ,
Just needs a bit of dirt on it !
Can't wait to get mine !
Btw, Mack, since you've done such great work on several Hyperion warbirds already, and I'm hoping you'll post a lot on your work with the Stuka, I included a "bonus" item in your shipment... Enjoy!

David
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Wow just took a look at Mackone's blog (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=123902).

Fantastic work!!!!

Can't wait to see your Stuka!!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:29 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I remember that from the other thread, but why would they "suggest" a power system if it's only available with one included?

I'm hoping it will be available w/o the motor, like all of Hyperion's other offerings. Yes, good deal, but only if you want that motor...
Sorry, you are right. Box label has been updated, to be clear that the Stuka comes with Zs3025B motor.

Cheers,

David
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
"the bouncer"
Australia, VIC, Vermont
Joined Nov 2006
4,937 Posts
Lol- I have been researching Dave
And i have 8 books on the Stuka so far . Its good that the G is a late model and were pretty grungy .

As for the The ZS3025-08 i have three already , one more and I could build a Lancaster

Back to the STUKA , I may have to get a blank spinner or find a similar one , the 3 Blade Vario prop is a perfect Option for it .
mackone is offline Find More Posts by mackone
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:40 PM
Registered Drug Free
Joined Jan 2009
2,379 Posts
I wouldn't say no to lancaster, grandfather was a tail gunner in one of those, though I do think it's time Hyperion did WWII twin, mosquito or tigercat would be nice.

sorry for going OT,
Mike
LunaRendezvous is offline Find More Posts by LunaRendezvous
Old Feb 12, 2010, 02:33 AM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackone View Post
Back to the STUKA , I may have to get a blank spinner or find a similar one , the 3 Blade Vario prop is a perfect Option for it .
Mackone,

Would you mind sharing what Vario prop components you will/may be using on this model?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:16 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
Mackone,

Would you mind sharing what Vario prop components you will/may be using on this model?
I would love to stock VarioProp again, but can't get Christian (VP boss) to answer my email...

As for the spinner, the one we provide can only do 2-blade. I'll keep my eyes open for a good spinner to work for 3-blade, and ya'll let us know if you find one, too pls.

Anyway, I haven't been ignoring the questions on pricing and "sets" to be offered. I have been getting everything online and priced, and you should be able to see the options within a few hours, here:

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=7215

David
Old Feb 12, 2010, 03:21 AM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2 View Post
Mackone,

I think realistically it's going to have to be the "B" type Scale 10.4 blades with about 8" of pitch. The 11.9" will probably be too much load, but with the Zs30 motor and a 80A~90A ESC it can most likely be "gotten away with", and would certainly be fun.

The one thing you don't want to do (imo) is run too big in diameter and then drop the pitch way back. Opinions will vary, but the 12x8 E prop was much preferred by me over the 13x6.5. With the 13x6.5, it just felt like the throttle had to be too high to get good cruise speed, and the speed envelope was too narrow.

http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=2161

D
Last edited by NipponDave; Feb 12, 2010 at 04:17 AM.