HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:13 PM
Tampa Bay area
Joined Jun 2003
224 Posts
Chemtrails

has anyone heard of this phenomenon?
is the government up to something with this?? or is it hocus pocus
just do a search of chemtrails and you'll get about 100 returns.

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Chemtrails.html
BIFFSTER is offline Find More Posts by BIFFSTER
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:25 PM
Joined Jun 2001
1,569 Posts
Eh, not sure. Most of it is hocus pocus though. Used to be really interested in it for some reason... look at coasttocoastam.com and there may be something like that. I think there may be some instances where a chemtrail is real, but no. It'd be for cloud seeding or something like that, maybe a climate change test. They used in in Vietnam to make the enemy troops miserable. But, if you want to make a good conspiracy, Tesla wrote notes to the government before he died telling people how much of some certain chemical needed to be pumped into the air to maintain the climate. That's true, but probably never been done. Most "chemtrails" are just caused by jet exhaust water vapor. Entertaining conspiracy. Enjoy.
e-sailpilot86 is offline Find More Posts by e-sailpilot86
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:25 AM
Joined Feb 2004
848 Posts
Ya, the conspiracy to spray the world began in WWII. The B-17s were part crop duster LOL! The last picture shows P-51s were in on it too.
Fishnut is offline Find More Posts by Fishnut
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:41 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
It's just a bunch of doofusi that take a normal phenomenon and make a scary thing out of it.
The numerous high altitude passenger flights create these contrails depending on the atmospheric conditions at the time. Contrails can be short and short lived, or grow over time to generate high altitude clouds attracting the usual substances clouds normally accrete from.
On some days around here, there will no contrails at any altitude.. other days the sky will be full of them and they will grow into cirrus and stratos clouds, which will drift east and alter the weather east of where the contrail was made.
The few days after 9/11 when there was NO air traffic at all in the US, research showed no weather effects that were usually attributed to contrails.
The 5 or more in this image will grow as they go east, and change the weather there..
And when the sun is right, you can see the shawdow of a contrail... this because the usual back-scattering of sunlight is covered by the cloud's shadow.. and showing how much glop there is in the air! Cough.. hack... !!
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Last edited by Sparky Paul; Mar 24, 2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 06:56 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
Chemtrails are used by the Black Helicopters to keep us placid. Sparky's right: remember how fired up we got when there were no "contrails" after 9/11?

Mind control drugs aren't the only danger. I just read a reader's letter in the local paper about the dangers of fluoridated city water. He suggested that doubters enter it into Google, and he's right: 34,000 links!

Life is dangerous, so I'll be wearing my helmet and brushing my teeth with beer. Why take chances?
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē
Old Mar 24, 2005, 08:52 PM
Joined Sep 2002
7,938 Posts
Actually awhile back there was an article in the Times I think could be wrong our gov. admitted to the spraying but it was an attempt to dust the atmosphere with aluminum oxide with hopes to reflect back the suns rays slowly down the global warming effect.

Not to say we created the problem. The jury is still out on that. But with or without humans this is a natural event that has occurred in the past.

Samples were collected and analyzed by some researchers who found the aluminum oxide. Wish I could find the article but it's hard to find now that it's buried in conspiracy BS.

And that's not to say that all contrails are this. But never be too sure of yourself. Wev'e been alive as a race in this universe compared to it's age less than a few seconds. We know nothing really.

Steve
U812 is offline Find More Posts by U812
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:36 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Oh I think that for a race that has only had the concept of "0" for a couple thousand years, Algebra for 1700 years, and algorithms for 1200 years, we're doing okay.

Anyway, any pollution or climate effects we manage to incite are not a problem for the Earth. They are a problem for us and our contemporary species. As long as we don't really screw it up big time, the Earth will continue to clear the atmosphere of our pollution, and grind our toxic waste back into the crust.

Couple hundred thousand years after we're gone, there won't be any evidence of man's time on Earth at all. A million years or so after that, the Earth will be teaming with new species evolved from the survivors of our own careless nature, and maybe even a new, stereoscopic biped with an over developed brainpan and opposible digits.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:57 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Bē
Chemtrails are used by the Black Helicopters to keep us placid. Sparky's right: remember how fired up we got when there were no "contrails" after 9/11?

Mind control drugs aren't the only danger. I just read a reader's letter in the local paper about the dangers of fluoridated city water. He suggested that doubters enter it into Google, and he's right: 34,000 links!

Life is dangerous, so I'll be wearing my helmet and brushing my teeth with beer. Why take chances?
Only a minor problem compared to the lurking danger of vampires . 3,090,000 links!

R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Mar 25, 2005, 09:50 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Or a Plague of Frogs. 153,000 hits.

Oddly, the "Anti-American Liberal agenda" with 997,009 hits, or the "Anti-American Conservative agenda" with 972,000 hits are pretty darn close.

Must be some sort of conspiricy...

BTW, I tried "Anti-American Liberal Conservative Vampire agenda" was over 15,000 hits. What's that all about? Should we be 150 times more worried about that than the Chemtrails?
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Mar 26, 2005, 01:47 PM
29 rods from you in western WI
Joined Jan 2003
4,885 Posts
I got 133,000 hits on "chemtrails". You should be only 1/10 as worried about those switch-hitting vampires.

OTOH, I'm worried about the slow smoldering "Pirates vs. Ninjas" controversy. At only 2860 hits, this one could wipe us out without us even realizing it.
Karl Bē is offline Find More Posts by Karl Bē