Old Yesterday, 12:13 AM
Brkn Prop
United States, NV, Cold Springs
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Question
Throttle pot

Had three flights today.
Each time on my DX6i, throttle stick at idle, the battery gave a continuous beep, (battery plug-in)
when I pushed the stick against the stop, then it indicated a three cell and the already beep.
Is the THR pot adjustable. Probably not too much off, just enough to be annoying.
Scratchgoose is offline Find More Posts by Scratchgoose
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,065 Posts
Trim or Travel?

Easy fixes might be a bit of low trim on the throttle channel, or increase the Travel Adjust a smidgen above 100% on the low side?
Cheers,
PeteM
Petem is offline Find More Posts by Petem
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,053 Posts
Recaliberation the ESC. Just don't press down too hard on the throttle when you do.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Brkn Prop
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
Thanks for your replies.
Petem, I will be opening the DX today to see what is in there.Hopefully the pot can be moved to compensate.
KC, I rebind the ESC before two of the starts. NO luck. If I understand your reply, I will check the calibration inputs to see where they are set.

Thanks
Happy Landings
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,352 Posts
First before opening take a look at the one tool in the Tx that you can use for this...

Take a look at the SERVO MONITOR screen and see how the channel behaves, if everything looks normal there it's simply an ESC Throttle Calibration issue or in some cases Throttle Trim requires to be in the lowest position.

On the other Spektrum Tx the Servo monitor will display the actual % value -100% to +100% making it easy to spot if all is well with Sticks, they even have Stick Calibration to fix minor diviations.

On the DX6i I think it's just bars but you could still see if it looks normal or not prior to opening, you COULD be opening it for no reason.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
Brkn Prop
Joined Feb 2012
46 Posts
I did some flying this morning, had the same issues. I didn't get a chance to open it up yet.
So I will look at the servo motor screen and see if I can come up with some useful info. Thanks for yours input.
Old Yesterday, 11:47 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,822 Posts
Did you go through the throttle range calibration procedure for the ESC? For most, it is connect the battery with the throttle at maximum, wait for a beep (or two, depending on the ESC), then moving the throttle quickly to minimum.
Wintr is online now Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
4,053 Posts
I suspect he hasn't. He still has the same issue.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Old Today, 12:30 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
First before opening take a look at the one tool in the Tx that you can use for this...

Take a look at the SERVO MONITOR screen and see how the channel behaves, if everything looks normal there it's simply an ESC Throttle Calibration issue or in some cases Throttle Trim requires to be in the lowest position.

On the other Spektrum Tx the Servo monitor will display the actual % value -100% to +100% making it easy to spot if all is well with Sticks, they even have Stick Calibration to fix minor diviations.

On the DX6i I think it's just bars but you could still see if it looks normal or not prior to opening, you COULD be opening it for no reason.
Just to emphasize that this post contains a major part of the answer. The great majority of problems with throttle behavior are really problems of incorrect ESC calibration.

So first, determine that the transmitter is putting out the full range of throttle channel output, from -100% to +100%. Then calibrate the ESC to respond correctly.

Turn on transmitter and set throttle to HIGH.
Plug in model (it should not arm but remove prop for safety).
ESC/motor should make programming tones.
Move throttle stick to full low.
ESC should do usual cell count.
Unplug battery. Turn off transmitter.
ESC is programmed. Test operation.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66