Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2013, 01:11 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trase View Post
It's nice to see that you can fly your v911s with the v912 transmitter.
Can someone confirm that the high/low rate switch works also?

I'm thinking of picking up a v912, use the tx for my v911s (since it seems nicer), and give one of my v911s plus the old v911 tx to my nephew.
Following up, the high low rates work fine for the v911 using the tx. It really is much nicer and I think I will be using it for all my v911 flights now.
SmileyChris is offline Find More Posts by SmileyChris
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
Thank you for confirming that, SmileyChris.
That is good news, and now I have something that will justify my purchase of a v912
trase is online now Find More Posts by trase
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:29 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,779 Posts
spare batteries

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a V912 but since there's only one battery included I'd need to get a few more (and no doubt a few spare parts ).

Anyone have any experience on that side of things yet?

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:20 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,553 Posts
I think this heli is still on approbation period as nobody reported of overheated motor or broken blades etc. Or is it that good that nobody had any problems? MJX F45 has 400pages with tons of info about problems/solutions is this thread just too young or is the real indestructible is v912?
asanovrus is online now Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
With a brushed motors they will overheat and burn out its just a matter if how long.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:21 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
912 arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus View Post
I think this heli is still on approbation period as nobody reported of overheated motor or broken blades etc. Or is it that good that nobody had any problems? MJX F45 has 400pages with tons of info about problems/solutions is this thread just too young or is the real indestructible is v912?
my 912 came today from tmart, tx right stick broken right in the box. no sign of any impact on the box. the pivot point was cracked off on the elevator gimbal. so rather than causing a ruckess I took apart the tx (forbidden) and was able to make a new part in my shop while the batt was charging. wow the tx is soldered together with some spit and a prayer waiting for cold solder problems world wide. the canopy is a bear to get off , and if you look at the rx board the same guy soldered that also. the copter looks kind of sturdy but I think after a few crashes the board connections will begin to come apart..I'd be surprised if not. just my opinion.

very sad to have the tx arrive borken .
dark and windy out now and I don't want to bash around in the little house.
tonytester.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:59 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Sucks to hear.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:01 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
my 912 came today from tmart, tx right stick broken right in the box. no sign of any impact on the box. the pivot point was cracked off on the elevator gimbal. so rather than causing a ruckess I took apart the tx (forbidden) and was able to make a new part in my shop while the batt was charging. wow the tx is soldered together with some spit and a prayer waiting for cold solder problems world wide. the canopy is a bear to get off , and if you look at the rx board the same guy soldered that also. the copter looks kind of sturdy but I think after a few crashes the board connections will begin to come apart..I'd be surprised if not. just my opinion.

very sad to have the tx arrive borken .
dark and windy out now and I don't want to bash around in the little house.
tonytester.
Thanks for the info tony. Sorry to hear it, but glad you have a workshop and can sort that kind of schitt out. Think I'll take my finger back off the trigger and stick with my V911s and F45s in the meantime

Fin
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:51 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
This bird is tough!

So far I have crashed into a stone wall with only a very slightly bent fly-bar (almost didn’t notice it) and yesterday, I was doing some fast, high flying in a relatively open area, but unfortunately got to close to the tree line, and managed to hang her in a tree about 35 feet up. I was flying fast and down wind, when I realized that I wasn’t going to make the turn so I cut the power or it would have been even higher up in the tree. It was almost dark and I was not organized with anything to attempt a recovery. Late last night before hitting the sack I looked one last time and the light was still shining brightly. The light was so bright it looked like a big star. I was concerned that flight No. 14 might have been her last flight.

With the help of a friend, ladder, and long pole with a hook, she was recovered this morning. I am sure the battery was near total discharge, but amazingly it took a charge. After a couple of hours rest, I took her out for a test. My weather station was indicating a 9 mph. wind with gust and as I was flying in my yard with lots of helicopter magnets (big trees) I kept her fairly low and enjoyed a docile and uneventful 5 minute flight. She flew fine and showed no ill effects from all my abuse. It will be interesting to see how long this battery last after this episode.

Cheers,

Jim
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:40 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackup View Post
This bird is tough!

So far I have crashed into a stone wall with only a very slightly bent fly-bar (almost didn’t notice it) and yesterday, I was doing some fast, high flying in a relatively open area, but unfortunately got to close to the tree line, and managed to hang her in a tree about 35 feet up. I was flying fast and down wind, when I realized that I wasn’t going to make the turn so I cut the power or it would have been even higher up in the tree. It was almost dark and I was not organized with anything to attempt a recovery. Late last night before hitting the sack I looked one last time and the light was still shining brightly. The light was so bright it looked like a big star. I was concerned that flight No. 14 might have been her last flight.

With the help of a friend, ladder, and long pole with a hook, she was recovered this morning. I am sure the battery was near total discharge, but amazingly it took a charge. After a couple of hours rest, I took her out for a test. My weather station was indicating a 9 mph. wind with gust and as I was flying in my yard with lots of helicopter magnets (big trees) I kept her fairly low and enjoyed a docile and uneventful 5 minute flight. She flew fine and showed no ill effects from all my abuse. It will be interesting to see how long this battery last after this episode.

Cheers,

Jim
agree I flew in the house today a few flights to mechanically trim..I bashed the blades into a wood chair hit the wall and hit the tail hard on the table leg.
all this was really hard yet nothing broke. this bird is stable .
more later company is over
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Post videos guys
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
X2 need video
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:04 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker1955 View Post
X2 need video
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Post videos guys
common guys use your imagination, here is the sound track, crash!!! bang !!! bash
whine1!!! gears whining blades hitting tail banging. finnallly it hits the ground.opcor n:
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:08 PM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Lmfao