HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
Micro Flyer, Big Poster
Joined Feb 2005
1,390 Posts
Discussion
FPV Newbie- Seeking ultralight 1S OSD, voltage only?

Hey folks! I'm a new guy in FPV, but I've been doing indoor/micro RC for some time now. I'm looking to build up a 30g 1s model, and I've been dream shopping for an FPV setup. What I am missing is a simple OSD, I need only voltage readout, but having a magnetic compass/addon port would be nice for something like a magnetic compass, current sensor, or altitude-sensing barometer.

I've found the 10mw, 1g transmitter and receiver (FoxTech FPV), it consumes 120mA. I think, based on their similar 200mw model, consuming only 2x the power, I can improve this!
I'll be using the 808 keychain camera #16/#18 once video output option is released (does HD recording and vide output simultaneously, and will be controlled via the TX), it weighs 6g and consumes something like 120mA during full record, and I think the specs say another 30mA with video output enabled.
I was looking at the SimpleOSD XL, but I need something 1S capable- I only run one battery, 3.0 to 4.2V

I've shoehorned into my budget the 400-500mAh battery to power everything. My craft is presently capable of cruising with a 7mm motor at about 5/8 (at 3.6v) throttle, with the a simulated 8g payload and my 300mAH battery I can get 20+ minutes, with mild acrobatics. With power consumption estimated, I think a 15 minute FPV session is reasonable with the larger battery. I will be making my craft lighter (a simple stick) using lighter foam, to reduce weight to fit the OSD solution into my weight budget.

So, any thoughts as to an OSD product which will work on one cell? As I mentioned, all I need is voltage reading from 4.2 to 3.0 volts. Thanks in advance!
Pete P is offline Find More Posts by Pete P
to remove ads between posts