SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 16, 2013, 07:56 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
I flew one pack through the Lancaster this evening. It was too darn hot and humid for another flight. I removed the e-tracts before this flight and the weight loss is definitely notable. I was able to fly slower than before but the stall is still something you don't want to experience at low altitude. The nose drops fast and it drops a wing. Recovers easily enough after half a rotation but it eats altitude.

I'm going to enable one of the ESC bec's and remove the RX pack and move the lipo to the nose space.

Flies nice.
This seems like a good route to go, reduce the wing loading as much as possible. I never flew with the rx battery anyway.

do you think you be able to get rudders working as the tail plane abd stabs are very weak and flex a fair bit?
TLMARK is online now Find More Posts by TLMARK
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2014, 09:51 PM
Joined Jan 2014
3 Posts
Manuals ???

Any body got a manual available for the Lancaster Bomber from Hobby king?
And a source for the props as i have managed to 'trim' one.
Hobby king have nothing available.
Cheers,
Mr.Mercury
Mr Mercury is offline Find More Posts by Mr Mercury
Old Feb 02, 2014, 10:07 PM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMARK View Post
I posted on the other Lanc thread that I pranged my kite last week and broke 3 props and that I was going to fit MAS props.

so I thought I'd share some pix if any body needs to do the same.

the prop needs to drilled to 5mm to fit the adapter. I also fitted one of the spare prop spacers infront on the blade to get it to sit right in the spinner.

I used a dremmel cutting disc to open up the cutouts not pretty but looks fine once fitted.

And here fitted to the plane.

These are props I used
TLMARK is online now Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Aug 09, 2014, 10:38 AM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
784 Posts
Well it looks likes it's coming back! It also appears to be with the thumper nose art!
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:58 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,144 Posts
Video link please.
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige