Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:38 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
That is COOL!

Robby, I forced myself into the shop last week before leaving for work. I've been in a bit of a rutt too. I'm hoping to change that. The only real problem is that once I get back into building, I find so many things I want to build, like a big 1/4 scale sailplane (or 1/3 scale).
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet View Post
That is COOL!

Robby, I forced myself into the shop last week before leaving for work. I've been in a bit of a rutt too. I'm hoping to change that. The only real problem is that once I get back into building, I find so many things I want to build, like a big 1/4 scale sailplane (or 1/3 scale).
Lol, I hear ya on that one.
I have a 55% Monocoupe that I spent a year in designing, and so far 2 in building. The fuse is 90% built, wings 90% built, rudder and fin 98%, Elevators/stabs not started. Fiberglass progress...maybe 10%. I havent touched it or much else in the shop for about 6 months. I have never been in such a building rutt.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:12 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
I started an Ultra Sport 60 almost 4 years ago, and it's still only about 85% complete. That's not so much rutt as it is procrastination though.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
AMA 5285 LSF 8104
United States, OR, Hood River
Joined Aug 2008
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet View Post
Can anybody indentify the glider with the spats and fixed gear legs in this Youtube video at 1:40? It could be an interesting scale model.
It is the Blaue Maus. There is a thread on a build over in the scale section.

Scott
Aquila Guy is offline Find More Posts by Aquila Guy
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:17 PM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
So it is! Thanks Scott. Looking at his work so far in CAD though, I'm not quite sure he's got the transition from Fuse to Wing quite right. It looks more like a Blended-Wing-Body to me, than the sharp transition he shows in his CAD file. Interesting none the less.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:04 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
If V1VRV2 ever offers molded fuses, wingtips and plans, I'll buy a set off him.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:53 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Loved the airport! Better hobby than trainspotting.
Cathing up on rcg threads using a blackberry type device, hard workj

Yesterday Matina and I rode out to Katherine Gorge, walked 9 miles, then rode back, it was 41c out there I talked about my rc desires on the road and luckily she thinks it is good for me, being a mechanic from earlier years she loves a good workshop too. Sunday we fly back home and go about finding that ideal little rental.

This all leads to a confession, and your possible forgiveness. The B-100 short kit is on the way from Sky Bench, but an old favor to someone else could mean that a crunchi may arrive on my doorstep too, a Minivec sloper. Forgive me (Jeff)
Forgive me...
- smartphones suck!!
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:44 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
You done good Steve. Most of the guys on the local forums use a smart phone and the spelling, punctuation and "Auto Correct" make their posts look like a foreign language.

Do the crunchie first and then take your time on the B-100 at leisure.

Matina sounds like the perfect woman. The ability to understand the creative gene is pretty much the most important asset. I've had lady friends that thought any time NOT spent on pleasing their every whim was wasted. I dropped those like a hot potato. A truly good woman knows their man needs an outlet and also down time. In return the good ones ask for little. Give her a lot, she'll be worth it.

The diorama DonW posted. Words don't express. I think that a video someone sent me recently was part of it. It was of a group in Germany that built RC OTR trucks and heavy equipment. From the background I think their stuff was part of that. Just too cool for words.

Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great Thanksgiving! We all have a LOT to be thankful for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
Loved the airport! Better hobby than trainspotting.
Cathing up on rcg threads using a blackberry type device, hard workj

Yesterday Matina and I rode out to Katherine Gorge, walked 9 miles, then rode back, it was 41c out there I talked about my rc desires on the road and luckily she thinks it is good for me, being a mechanic from earlier years she loves a good workshop too. Sunday we fly back home and go about finding that ideal little rental.

This all leads to a confession, and your possible forgiveness. The B-100 short kit is on the way from Sky Bench, but an old favor to someone else could mean that a crunchi may arrive on my doorstep too, a Minivec sloper. Forgive me (Jeff)
Forgive me...
- smartphones suck!!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:52 PM
who has rabbit ears down
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jan 2007
3,682 Posts
I kin forgive ya if ya to fly it backwards! 4 days off! now i should be able to pack the wrong stuff and find a horizontal surface to do some baby Chryssalis!
With all this goofy black Friday mailings, I learned Lenovo- (Ibought for work but wife stole it) has a pad- thinkin' of it - a small bit-- and here's some glue infos

http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...9593&print=yes
Captain Canardly is offline Find More Posts by Captain Canardly
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: One printer running!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:48 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Indeed, happy Thankgiving all!

I spent the day learning how to assemble a robot arm that will now soon be on it's way to a surgeon, maybe near you, and with that robotic arm this surgeon will be able to improve and even save lives with ease. How much better can this job be? I may be a bit slow for a while, but I'm getting the hang of it. The assembly itself is EASY, not much more difficult than a complex woodie build, it's the paperwork that's killer.

Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:42 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,039 Posts
I third the motion, Happy Thankgiving.to all in this neat forum that Steve started !!!

My day was pretty mudane comparred to Stinkers as i was doing some cooking for tomorrow and some lathe stuff on my rotary display stand.

Will post a few pics when i get it mocked up, before paint polish and chrome

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:58 PM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Indeed, best to all of you and yours for a wonderful holiday .

Steve, sounds like you've latched on to a dream. I love ALL the ladies that know righty tighty lefty loosey .
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by granada don View Post
I third the motion, Happy Thankgiving.to all in this neat forum that Steve started !!!

My day was pretty mudane comparred to Stinkers as i was doing some cooking for tomorrow and some lathe stuff on my rotary display stand.

Will post a few pics when i get it mocked up, before paint polish and chrome

G Don
Yes, post some pics, GD, your machining is beautiful....wood or metal
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
life long racing nut & modeler
Granada Hills Ca.
Joined Nov 2009
2,039 Posts
Hi DW

Thanks for the kind words, got the bearings today from McCarr so i can keep going on this spiro gearloose thing.

I started with the 16" lathe face plate that is about 50 lbs of cast iron for the weight to keep it up right, then a 3 rpm turning 3' tall pole that i can set my planes etc on and light them up while they rotate for a very cool TV light.

G Don
granada don is online now Find More Posts by granada don
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:17 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Got my new Canon camera kit in time for Thanksgiving and was playing with it a bit, great package from QVC. There's 352 pages in the manual..... me!!!

Read enough to shoot and change lenses and such. I set up my tripod outside and took this of the moon. Prolly nothing to you pros out there but just fully auto works pretty good.