SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2014, 06:45 AM
Joined Oct 2013
25 Posts
If/when you tackle this, and find (like me) that the cloth tends to argue with you about where it wants to go, I found that walking away and letting an initial thin coat of epoxy start to tack up will help hold the cloth where you want it to be, and then you just wet out everything with whichever epoxy you end up using.

Alternatively, I've seen a lamination type spray adhesive used to hold the cloth in place for infusion and conventional one sided mold (open or vac bagged) stuff. If I knew how to get a hold of that, I'd use it. I prefer to have the cloth in place, then just apply resin to a prepared doohickey.

The stuff I have is some local (Japan) stuff, 1:2 ratio, takes forever to cure but wets out wonderfully.

Just have to learn how to fibreglass betterer...

Good luck, whichever way you go.

Stu.
Schtoo is offline Find More Posts by Schtoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:45 PM
United States, TX, Haltom City
Joined Mar 2013
688 Posts
A technique I picked up from an airplane thread tells how you can improve laying cloth on compound curved surfaces. They said to cut the cloth on a bias. I haven't tried it yet but it makes sense to me. It won't buckle as much.
Martin5465 is offline Find More Posts by Martin5465
Last edited by Martin5465; Mar 08, 2014 at 01:28 AM.