Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:52 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
New Product
Inverza 33 ARF by Hangar 9 "Electric "

This looks nice

Overview

From a project that began as a “what if” with acclaimed full-scale builder Kevin Kimball and Quique Somenzini, the Inverza is a contemporary concept designed to harness the power of the radial engine with the potential only possible in a monoplane platform. For the finishing touches, Mirco Pecorari shared his expertise by complementing the modern concept with a stunning color scheme.

Although the full scale Jim Kimball Enterprises Inverza™ airplane is yet to be built, you can enjoy the most balanced aircraft ever to be introduced for the aerobatics community. The Hangar 9® Inverza 33 aerobat has been developed to take advantage of both the emerging 30cc gas engine and 180-class outrunner electric power system popularity. Designed by the master, Quique Somenzini, whose pursuit of precision elevated him through the Extra and Yak aircraft series, the new Inverza concept promises to become his next great contribution. With its modern outline and features, the Inverza offers “no compromise” precise aerobatic capability for both scale aerobatics and aggressive 3D. Its massive control surfaces and generous wing area makes it very stable and predictable during the most demanding 3D maneuvers such as those that occur at slow speed, or while in a hover. The design also takes advantage of all the previous designs Quique worked with before making the Inverza not only a new benchmark in precision, but also an evolutionary step toward achieving an aircraft with balanced maneuverability. When setup correctly, no matter what attitude the Inverza is flown, very little to no control coupling is evident whether the maneuver is upright, inverted or knife-edge. The result is a flight experience that’s pure even when you’re control input is aggressive.

Covered in genuine UltraCote®, its balsa/balsa-plywood structure is strong and light, while Mirco Pecorari’s original color scheme offers stunning looks, incredible ground presence and high visibility in the air. Its two-piece wing connects with a carbon fiber wing tube and the ailerons and elevators are pre-hinged with a tight seal so you can get flying faster. The oversized hatch features a tinted canopy, scale instrument detail and an ideal location for the pilot figure of your choice. Other great features include a factory painted aluminum landing gear, plus a factory painted fiberglass cowl and matching wheel pants.

Power it with the Evolution® Engines 33GX 30cc gas engine, the Inverza 33 is ideal for entry-level aerobatic pilots and giant-scale fans looking to modernize with a sensibly sized airframe bursting with performance. For those who prefer electric, the E-flite® Power 180 outrunner on a 10S Li-Po battery system can deliver unbridled performance.

Key Features

Quique Somenzini design
Generous wing area for an extra-light wing loading
Oversized control surfaces for superior slow speed maneuverability
Engineered to fly upright, inverted and knife-edge without mixing
Vivid Mirco Pecorari color scheme with genuine UltraCote® covering
An evolutionary original design purpose built for modern precision and 3D aerobatics
Durable aluminum landing gear with painted finish
Two-piece, plug-in wings with carbon fiber tube joiner
Lightweight balsa/balsa-plywood construction
Pre-hinged control surfaces
Pre-set and drilled for the Evolution® 33GX gas engine
Tinted canopy and cockpit instrument detail (pilot optional)
Electric power system conversion kit—sold separately

Specs

Wingspan: 75.0 in (190 cm)
Overall Length: 72.0 in (183 cm)
Wing Area: 1120 sq. in. (72.5 sq. dm.)
Flying Weight: 12.3-13.0 lb (5.60-5.90 kg)
Engine Size: 30-35cc 2-stroke gas
Motor Size: Power 180
Radio: 6+ channel radio system
Servos: (5) high-torque standard servos, (1) standard servo
Recommended Receiver Battery: 2150mAh 6.0V 5-cell Ni-MH receiver pack
Trim Scheme Colors: UltraCote Bright Yellow (U872), Sky Blue (U875), Midnight Blue (U885)
CG (Center of Gravity): 5.51-5.71 in (140-145mm) back from leading edge of wing at wing root
Wing Loading: 25.1 oz/sq ft (76.6 g/sq dm)
Prop Size: 18 x 8 (Evolution 33cc gas), 22 x 10E (Power 180)
Spinner Size: 3.0 in (76mm) P-51 style
Speed Control: 100+ amp high-voltage brushless ESC
Recommended Motor Battery: 37.0V 10S 4400-5000mAh Li-Po pack
Control Throw (Ailerons): Low: 50mm up/down, 40% expo; High: 95mm up/down, 45% expo
Control Throw (Elevator): Low: 8mm up/down, 20% expo; High: 50mm up/down, 45% expo
Control Throw (Rudder): Low: 15mm right/left, 15% expo; High: 40mm right/left, 40% expo
Main Wing Tube Length: 974mm
Main Wing Tube OD: 32mm
Tail Wing Tube Length: 360mm
Tail Wing Tube OD: 12.7mm
Is Assembly Required: Yes
Assembly Time: 15-20 Hours
Plane Type: Aerobatic & 3D
Experience Level: Advanced
Power Plant Size: 1.6-2.4 2-Cycle Gas
Recommended Environment: Outdoor
Fuel Type: Gas

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oT_7h8PxnmQ
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Sep 04, 2014 at 12:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2013, 02:48 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,356 Posts
Nice! Way too many cool airplanes coming out now.
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:13 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,520 Posts
Most excellent.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 22, 2013, 03:40 PM
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jun 2006
978 Posts
Nice looking plane and somehow I completely missed that an Eflite Power 180 motor had come out. I know they mentioned the oversized control surfaces several times but does the elevator look a little small? Maybe I'm just used to seeing the outrageously oversized elevator on the Extreme Flight EXP class planes.
Warbirds Rule is offline Find More Posts by Warbirds Rule
Old Aug 23, 2013, 08:59 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
This looks nice! Might get one. Just don't know if it can compare to my 3DHS planes. It seems a little heavy for its size. And the elevator does look a little small.

Also, why don't they include the electric motorbox. That would satisfy everybody. If I got this, I would go electric. However, I don't really want to go 10s.
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:08 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
Looks really cool, and QQ has his name on it, so there is that assurance of quality but it's hard to take a chance when we all know the EF and 3DHS planes fly great. I would hate to invest that kind of money and then be somewhat underwhelmed.....
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:17 PM
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jun 2006
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
. However, I don't really want to go 10s.
Come on, you know you want to try 10S on a large scale electric. It's amazing how much power a 10S system can deliver on a 13lb aerobatic model.
Warbirds Rule is offline Find More Posts by Warbirds Rule
Old Aug 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
3,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirds Rule View Post
Come on, you know you want to try 10S on a large scale electric. It's amazing how much power a 10S system can deliver on a 13lb aerobatic model.
I know, but I have 6s batteries and I don't want to buy more batteries just for this plane. I like big electrics though. I'm planning a 50cc electric on 12s!
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
Old Aug 29, 2013, 09:22 PM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Jul 2009
544 Posts
This Inverza looks sweet! I was just checking out the new 180 that E-Flite snuck out too. The 180 and 360 Brushless Motors both look pretty cool...

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4180A

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4360A
SmokeDogg is online now Find More Posts by SmokeDogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:12 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,466 Posts
Any thoughts on using the O.S. GF 40 for power. It's a 40cc four stroke. The weight is right in line with the Evo motor. Not sure if the power is there though, or how well it would fit.
The biggest thing that keeps me away from smaller gas planes is the racket. I really hate the sound of a two stroke. As a young adult I spent many miserable summers cutting fire wood. That noise just makes me want to puke. I am thinking this might be an alternative?
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2013, 07:14 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,494 Posts
Do a radial lol.

Man sorry to hear, I like my 30cc Extra gasser sound; I guess because I'm flying my (same size) Sbach on a Hacker.

I am interested about your 4s as well for a change of pace.
MICKEL is offline Find More Posts by MICKEL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Inverza33
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:17 PM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,732 Posts
plane does look super cool!
SUB'D
flightpunch34 is online now Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
25 Posts
dle 30 now swinging a 20/8 apc but a 20/6 xoar was the best prop so far.
great plane , very stable , very predictable . still getting it tuned in but it improves ( and so do i) with every flight. initial setup was 180mm on the cg and i have since moved it back and the wing rock with full up elevator has diminished but still there . will move it further this weekend . all and all great plane , easy build , great quality. no complaints here.
plane is remarkably stable slow and inverted .
angjunior is offline Find More Posts by angjunior
Old Oct 22, 2013, 09:58 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
2,466 Posts
Well at least one guy bought one... I haven't checked th FG thread lately. I was really hoping for more activity.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:04 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Just wonder how it might compare to like an AJ Slick or 3DHS extra of comparable size?
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs