HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:43 AM
I am what I teach
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2007
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
I am putting together another Dualsky order today and will see if I can get you a replacement FC. Which do you have the 430 or 450?
430. Thanks again for your help.
moparren is offline Find More Posts by moparren
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:31 AM
I am what I teach
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2007
524 Posts
Any luck on this? I've been grounded for over two months now with still no reply from Dualsky.

Quote:
I am putting together another Dualsky order today and will see if I can get you a replacement FC. Which do you have the 430 or 450?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparren View Post
430. Thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 09, 2014, 08:53 PM
I am what I teach
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2007
524 Posts
Going on three months now that I have been grounded with no reply from Dualsky. Got a bit from 2dog and then nothing

Is anybody home?

Really regretting this purchase at this point

Quote:
I'm having problems with my new Hornet 460 quad.

At random times I loose control of role control in one direction. The first time it happened on the third flight but I managed to get it down without damage. Re-armed it and flew the rest of the battery with no issues.

As a result of this flight, my pre-flight is now to run the motors up a bit and check that the controls are responding as they should. It's a 50-50 that the controls do respond and I re-arm and it works. The last flight I had to try re-arming it twice to get it to work.

This quad is now grounded until I figure this issue out.

Please help, I have contacted Dualsky directly and sent a message to 2dogrc directly about this and have yet to get a response.

Thank you
Quote:
Centered the FC. Two good flights, on the third battery, no role right. Re-armed and it worked again.

The layout I chose is one of the three recommended in the instructions.
Quote:
Forgot to note - When I am doing these control checks the quad is not even in the air, I give it just enough to get the motors spinning and then check, so the FC is not seeing any movement yet, it's just not letting the signal through.
Quote:
I have sent this information to Dualsky because I have not seen anything like it. It sounds like some kind of connection issue since it is not consistent. But the question is where! Is in on the frame, receiver or internally on the FC!

Mark
Quote:
So, at what point do I give up and just take this thing back to the hobby shop? I've been grounded for a month now with no reply from Dualsky.

Props to 2dog for trying to get an answer but this is ridiculous.
Quote:
Any luck on this? I've been grounded for over two months now with still no reply from Dualsky.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 08:50 PM
I am what I teach
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2007
524 Posts
Got an email from 2dog today, they are sending me a new flight control.

Thanks Mark!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 02:26 PM
I am what I teach
Tucson AZ
Joined Mar 2007
524 Posts
Been flying with my new FC and my Hornet is now error free! Thanks again to Mark at 2Dog.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:01 AM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
Will not unlock

My hornet 460 will start up, go into lock mode, and I can go into setting mode, but the system will not unlock. The manual says that holding the sticks in the lower outward corners should cause the motors to idle. They don't idle. what do I do?
RedstoneDynamics is offline Find More Posts by RedstoneDynamics
Old Sep 15, 2014, 12:17 AM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,792 Posts
It sounds like a signal issue OR configuration of your transmitter. If you have channels on the radio reversed when they should be normal, it won't work. Check the manual to make sure you have aileron, elevator, rudder, and throttle channels set properly.

I would also check to make sure the receiver is getting a signal from the transmitter by plugging in a servo or something simple. Also check the wires from the receiver to the FC and make sure they are not backwards.

Report back, and we can keep trouble shooting!
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Oct 20, 2014, 12:34 AM
Kiz
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
G'day guys,
Have had my Hornet 460 in the garage for a year, other priorities, brought it out again & now i recall why it's been in the shed- the second i touch the throttle (left thumbstick) on my DX6i the 460 just maxxes power on one side & flips. I reckon the Pots on the FC430 need tuning - can someone please posts a photo of their fc430 so I can copy the pot settings? Would be SO GRATEFUL for your help
Kiz is offline Find More Posts by Kiz