SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:24 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,781 Posts
"For a company to roll back the clock and give attention to lesser known jet aircraft that for the most part have been relegated to museums and reference books is a dicey proposition to many. Durafly has taken a bold step and begun to do just that..."

A quote from a Flight Report article that we published on the 70mm Durafly Vampire

Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:55 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,955 Posts
Scott, no knocking you guys on my part, the waiting adds to its allure. I am very happy to have the anticipation. I for one enjoy the hints.-----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:25 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Come on guys, I understand your frustration but look at what Durafly has achieved in a little over a year! It's just as frustrating for us when we suffer a delay (which can not be foreseen) but then it's not like it's occured to any other manufacturer to produce a Sea Vixen is it? It will be worth the wait and that won't be much longer, as for stuff in the pipeline.....in order to not frustrate, I won't be spilling any beans but some amazing stuff is coming.
I had a feeling this would happen. I would ask that you don't do this because of a few people wanting to spoil the party. the majority rules in a democratic society and we've more than voted that we want you to "spill the beans" Scott. keep posting the new stuff when it's up and coming. not to quote Mr. Spock or anything, but, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." LOL.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:41 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvevolution7 View Post
i had a feeling this would happen. I would ask that you don't do this because of a few people wanting to spoil the party. The majority rules in a democratic society and we've more than voted that we want you to "spill the beans" scott. Keep posting the new stuff when it's up and coming. Not to quote mr. Spock or anything, but, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." lol. :d

rich
100% +1
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:40 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
100%+2 lol
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:26 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,607 Posts
Come on guys we are all entitled to our opinion, but all this sucking up makes me feel sick.
We all know that it will arrive when its ready but people are entitled to show their frustration in having to wait after being told its almost here.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssss18 View Post
100%+2 lol
99% +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Come on guys we are all entitled to our opinion, but all this sucking up makes me feel sick.
We all know that it will arrive when its ready but people are entitled to show their frustration in having to wait after being told its almost here.
No sucking up this end mate only trying to get across i still want to know what Durafly is coming out with.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 05:53 PM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Apr 2007
2,136 Posts
while we wait...

...we might as well enjoy some great flying of a turbine Sea Vixen

edit: video has been re-posted in a better, longer version, works again

SEAVIXEN - MIKE DONNELLY - BICKLEY MFC RC SCALE 2012 (4 min 49 sec)

BTW Superb videos on that channel

cheers
Clemens
mopetista is online now Find More Posts by mopetista
Last edited by mopetista; Oct 29, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:04 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,797 Posts
All i got was video has been removed by user,still i'm sure it was a great video and there are others to be seen on YT.

Did anyone in the UK watch the repeats of the classic British Aircraft on Discover History on cable last night,one was on the Gloster Meteor and the De Vampire,then straight after was another program on the Sea Hawk and the De Sea Vixen,they had quite a few repeats on but these are the ones i watched.

Ok i know they have been on a good few times before but i never get tired of watching them.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
Glow 😡 no no no
Australia, SA, Evanston Park
Joined Mar 2010
4,846 Posts
Fingers crossed this bird makes it for Xmas.
aeromaniac is offline Find More Posts by aeromaniac
Old Oct 29, 2012, 05:28 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeromaniac View Post
Fingers crossed this bird makes it for Xmas.
lol me too
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:00 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,776 Posts
Oh don't worry, if all goes to plan you'll certainly see it before that, all I can say for now.

S.
stuart warne is online now Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Savex Spitfire Progress
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
i hope everybody understands that hk would want this bird out before xmas more than any consumer. they have the most to gain and the most to lose
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Come on guys, I understand your frustration but look at what Durafly has achieved in a little over a year! It's just as frustrating for us when we suffer a delay (which can not be foreseen) but then it's not like it's occured to any other manufacturer to produce a Sea Vixen is it? It will be worth the wait and that won't be much longer, as for stuff in the pipeline.....in order to not frustrate, I won't be spilling any beans but some amazing stuff is coming.
its more frustrating to not know.
:we want beans! we want beans! we want beans!
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:02 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,607 Posts
Why doesn't HK get with it and put it up on the site so we can order and pay for it now and just send it out when it comes in................ie PRE Order.

Many other companys do this + they get to know if they will need to reorder straight away from the supplier and save another hold up.
clive45 is online now Find More Posts by clive45
Closed Thread