HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2015, 05:05 AM
Joined Aug 2014
51 Posts
My little modification

Good to see the thread is alive and well amd thought I'd let you know about a little mod I've thought up,I took a dead micro sevo and stripped out the guts so its just a shell with only the servo actuator spindle still in place with a arm attached. I then split the nose of my spy hawk and moved the camera up.cut a slot in the top of the nose and glued the dead sevo into the nose so that the top was flush with the fuse'.
I then glued the camera to the servo arm dead centre over the screw hole.
A modified servo arm was fitted to the rudder servo and a rod connected from the rudder servo to the camera servo arm.

I now have a steerable camera!, I've set it up so when I turn to the left the camera turns to look left as well! and vice versa .the stabilization feature for the yaw helps keep the camera stabalised and pointing in the right direction even if the bird is getting some "buffet". I'm going to experiment with disconnecting the rudder completely and rely on the ailerons for turning and that would let me have a camera view independant of the models heading,
Will post my findings later,
Its great to see BParini is still in the air, I've been thinking about a another model with the spyhawks guts in it
Bryghtblade is offline Find More Posts by Bryghtblade
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:08 PM
Hacienda Heights, CA
Joined Sep 2000
350 Posts
Great camera pan mod, and nice, "bryght" paint job.

Jim
JimO is offline Find More Posts by JimO
Old Mar 14, 2015, 04:26 PM
Spain, Community of Madrid, Coslada
Joined Jul 2013
101 Posts
My spyhawk fatshark

FatShark SpyHawk FPV (3 min 15 sec)
Felipe Garcia is offline Find More Posts by Felipe Garcia
Old Mar 14, 2015, 06:32 PM
Slowly but Shirley
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jan 2009
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
That is great . Thanks for sharing. Best Regards.
segroegt is online now Find More Posts by segroegt
Old Mar 15, 2015, 04:22 AM
Joined Aug 2014
51 Posts
nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe Garcia View Post
very nice,any onboard video to share ?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 04:29 AM
Joined Aug 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimO View Post
Great camera pan mod, and nice, "bryght" paint job.

Jim
Thankyou, should be posting some vid links shortly of the camera pan system in operation, already figured out away to dramatically improve the max angle of pan, hopefully giving me 180 degrees of rotation instead of the 40 degrees I have at the moment.also worried about fatigue in the camera ribbon due to the flex from turning.the new system will eliminate that completely!.The paint job certainly helps keeping an eye on it in flight
Old Mar 17, 2015, 02:58 PM
Joined Aug 2014
51 Posts
It works!

took my Hawk out for a flight today to test the pan system and it worked perfectly.was able to turn the camera much like when you turn your head when driving a car as you turn a corner.found it very easy to turn on to a disired heading and keep it centred in the camera view.
Now moving on to the improved version with greater rotation