SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andest2003 View Post
it comes with a gps module and the last thing I would wont is that they both conflict.

there is another that will work with the naza v2

N-OSD Remzibi OSD Module Special for DJI Lite/V2 GPS

ebay item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/N-OSD-Remz...ht_1652wt_1151

has anyone tried one of these? or any other ideas
I don't think 2 gps receivers would be in conflict. My comment was more aimed at "where" would you mount the additional GPS? The stock one is at the top of the shell, isolated with foil tape. And some folks still get interference with GoPro and Mobius cameras. Good Luck!
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:24 PM
Joined Apr 2013
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Pitman View Post
I don't think 2 gps receivers would be in conflict. My comment was more aimed at "where" would you mount the additional GPS? The stock one is at the top of the shell, isolated with foil tape. And some folks still get interference with GoPro and Mobius cameras. Good Luck!
simple I have 2 battery side mounts it can be fitted there or a bracket on the rear
Andest2003 is offline Find More Posts by Andest2003
Old Jan 06, 2015, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
Amps for power wire

Ive been flying for a while and have some taste of fpv with a 100mw transmitter, and a diy headset with a little receiver velcrowed to the side, and a small 3s velcrowed to the top. It was fun, but recently i upgraded big time and got some decent equipment. Im aware of the wire the phantom has for power for fpv but I am curious how much this can power. I have successfully powered my gimbal from it but I need a source of power for my transmitter. Can it handle it if i just make a wire that allows me to power both? It would simply be a JST Y-Cable. Or, what other ways can I power this thing if I cant?

And while Im at it, cause i thought of this while typing, I cannot connect my phantom to my computer anymore. It always says device has malfunctioned and when I go to device manager, it says device descriptor request failed. And the Naza assistant does not even recognize it. Any ideas?

*First Post*
ghostrider024 is offline Find More Posts by ghostrider024
Old Jan 06, 2015, 11:01 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,658 Posts
The accessory wire on the phantom should provide enough current for your gimbal and Vtx.

The connection problem sounds like the driver is not working. I would try reinstalling the driver first.
Old Jan 07, 2015, 08:57 AM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
hi i have a question about my phantom (originally the fc40 so has 5.8ghz transmitter) im planning on buying a pmu v2 and iosd mini. im finding it hard to find answers on what it will actually display. i will be setting it up with a gopro 4 black using 2.4ghz fpv and i have a tarot 2d gimbal.

i understand i will get the height, horizon... ect but as far as the flight battery goes, does it show percentage or voltage?
if voltage then what voltage would be classed as a "low battery" on a double (standard phantom 2.2mah) battery set up?

thanks in advance for any replies i may get, im just slightly confused with the amount of info about these things online and could really do with the advice from someone who has the know how about all of this
Ant h is offline Find More Posts by Ant h
Old Jan 07, 2015, 12:19 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant h View Post
hi i have a question about my phantom (originally the fc40 so has 5.8ghz transmitter) im planning on buying a pmu v2 and iosd mini. im finding it hard to find answers on what it will actually display. i will be setting it up with a gopro 4 black using 2.4ghz fpv and i have a tarot 2d gimbal.

i understand i will get the height, horizon... ect but as far as the flight battery goes, does it show percentage or voltage?
if voltage then what voltage would be classed as a "low battery" on a double (standard phantom 2.2mah) battery set up?

thanks in advance for any replies i may get, im just slightly confused with the amount of info about these things online and could really do with the advice from someone who has the know how about all of this
For what shows on the display read here:
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/IOSD_mini_Setup

You can find some samples of the overlay on picture if you search around.

It will show main battery voltage in the display. This value will be different when the battery is under load vs not loaded (at rest). Usually the difference is about .5v

When flying, and the battery is under load, I land when the osd says 10.7v . When I unplug the battery, and wait 5min. the voltage on the battery bumps up to 11.1 - 11.2 volts resting.
Old Jan 07, 2015, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2014
5 Posts
thanks dave thats cleared up some of my concerns
Ant h is offline Find More Posts by Ant h
Old Jan 07, 2015, 03:39 PM
Joined Nov 2013
1,658 Posts
You/re welcome!
Old Jan 10, 2015, 01:47 AM
HiShots
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
A Phantom 2 or Phantom 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTague View Post
Correct. Spektrum DX8 with AR8000-x Rx.
I want to install a AR8000 into my Phantom 2 with H33D and use my DX8 to control it. I have antennae issues with my Phantom Tx. Did you remove your original Rx. Anybody else done this conversion or know a link to a video of someone who has done it.
warb11 is offline Find More Posts by warb11
Last edited by warb11; Jan 10, 2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Rx not Tx
Old Jan 27, 2015, 07:43 AM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
What is the best motor I should get to upgrade my phantom fc40
pitiedowl123 is offline Find More Posts by pitiedowl123
Old Jan 31, 2015, 07:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
12 Posts
Find a Quad with Marco Polo

Here's a great video showing a guy finding his lost quad in tall grass with Marco Polo. It really shows why "around here somewhere" just isn't good enough sometimes.

http://vimeo.com/user11788030/review...384/22d28dae08
Tim_Crabtree is offline Find More Posts by Tim_Crabtree
Old Jan 31, 2015, 08:07 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Crabtree View Post
Here's a great video showing a guy finding his lost quad in tall grass with Marco Polo. It really shows why "around here somewhere" just isn't good enough sometimes.

http://vimeo.com/user11788030/review...384/22d28dae08
Mine has paid for itself a few times over now. It's a fantastic tool
Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor