HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:57 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield View Post
That was great fun, Brian! Thanks for sharing. Did you deploy flaps at all? Looks like it will fly off a postage stamp. Or your pool. Smooth.

I agree with your comment in the video. If we kept this thread on-topic, concerning a plane that's long gone, we'd be flat outta chat. I try to be more disciplined in the other Icon threads, as they're still available.

It should be enough that we're* hard core fans of the Icon A5, right? I compare all others to it.

Oh, LHS in Myrtle is great! I picked up two Y-adapters and, ahem, a 200qx. Which I will not discuss here. But it's a hoot!

Happy Thursday!

*we might equal me and the mouse in my pocket.

I compare it to the Horizon Hobbies P 47 Thunderbolt thread that I am on as well
Also a discontinued plane but with a long following including me.
I have a tendency to buy planes from HH that are on close out.
The Archer, The Icon, to name a few so its not surprising that I wind up in the ranks of those such as many others on here that are fans of a plane or planes that have been discontinued
I am on the Archer thread a lot too.
Hmmm I see a pattern here , but I just said that.

Actually we have two or three other guys at the field that have Icons as well.

Just got a new replacement airframe for the P47
Rebuilding that tonight and tomorrow if night if needed to have it ready for the weekend.
Two years of faithful flying and many many repairs its time for a face lift of sorts for her.
She's a supped up 70-80 mph race/war bird that's a pure joy to fly.
foamyflyerr is online now Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,068 Posts
BTW Ren , enjoy that 200 qx I just took a look it and it looks pretty cool.
I have a few quads myself as well , from small to bigger so I understand the attraction
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM
above us only sky
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2006
899 Posts
That makes sense to me, FF.

After years with helicopters, the PZ Icon A5 was my intro into power fixed wing. And I'd been off the slope soaring sticks for decades.

But when I walked into the LHS and saw the Icon on the wall, I was hooked! I could hear Joey Tribiani somewhere say "how YOU doin'?" Of course I beat the everlovin' noodles out of that one. Poor beast. But I kept coming back.

So I like warbirds and beavers and such. And I own several capable, fun ground based planes. But when the wind is favorable, it's always the same question. Which Icon will I fly today.

p.s. You didn't read this here. Two packs through the 200qx. Nice size balance between nano and 350. Very spry and (just like I like 'em) brightly lit.

Cheers
George
Renfield is offline Find More Posts by Renfield
Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,068 Posts
Quote:

After years with helicopters, the PZ Icon A5 was my intro into power fixed wing. And I'd been off the slope soaring sticks for decades.

But when I walked into the LHS and saw the Icon on the wall, I was hooked! I could hear Joey Tribiani somewhere say "how YOU doin'?" Of course I beat the everlovin' noodles out of that one. Poor beast. But I kept coming back.

So I like warbirds and beavers and such. And I own several capable, fun ground based planes. But when the wind is favorable, it's always the same question. Which Icon will I fly today.

p.s. You didn't read this here. Two packs through the 200qx. Nice size balance between nano and 350. Very spry and (just like I like 'em) brightly lit.

Cheers
George
Right on
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,368 Posts
Quote:
That was great fun, Brian! Thanks for sharing. Did you deploy flaps at all? Looks like it will fly off a postage stamp. Or your pool. Smooth.

I agree with your comment in the video. If we kept this thread on-topic, concerning a plane that's long gone, we'd be flat outta chat. I try to be more disciplined in the other Icon threads, as they're still available.

It should be enough that we're* hard core fans of the Icon A5, right? I compare all others to it.

Oh, LHS in Myrtle is great! I picked up two Y-adapters and, ahem, a 200qx. Which I will not discuss here. But it's a hoot!

Happy Thursday!

*we might equal me and the mouse in my pocket.
Quote:

Cheers
George
Yah, "we" my old HK-450-GT thread on "another group" died as wel grew out of that air frame! We all have deviated and gone off to other things but still post completely OT there as well!

I think the OP here has LONG fled and I dub YOU the new OP!

Enjoy the little 200qx as I hear it's a HOOT. I retired it's older brother and gave it to a friend.

Yeppers, I deployed flaps in a later viddy that morning and WOW, one or two meters and it's UP!!!

All the best!

b
rikybob is offline Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Today, 08:31 AM
above us only sky
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Jan 2006
899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob View Post
I think the OP here has LONG fled and I dub YOU the new OP!
LOL!!!

You got me re-reading the first page with that line. The OP listed the Icon, and was immediately blasted over the price point, compared to the Biggie Icon that HK was selling at the time.

One poster even hammered PZ for being "late to the game" with a model of a light sport aircraft that is still not shipping to customers who've had thousands on deposit all this time.

So I'm crazy for buying three BNFs and selling the only one I bought on closeout!

Trying to imagine what I wouldn't do to own the real deal.

g
Renfield is offline Find More Posts by Renfield