SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 12, 2014, 04:44 PM
Joined Dec 2013
16 Posts
Question
Gimbal for Steadidrone QU4D?

Hello everyone! I have a Steadidrone QU4D that I have started flying and it did not come with a gimbal (it just had a hardmount for a GoPro). I attempted to get a roll axis gimbal like the one that is normally supplied with the RTF but was unsuccessful. I am interested in getting a gimbal (at least two axis) for my GoPro Hero 3 but am new to this part of the hobby. I briefly looked at the Zenmuse H3-2D and H3-3D but I have not been able to find any details on how it hooks up to the flight computer (if it does at all) or how to mount the gimbal (specifically to a QU4D). My QU4D does not have the Naza but has the APM 2.6 computer. I would really prefer a plug and play setup (or at least as close as I can get to it) as I am not a big builder. I have also looked at some of the less expensive two axis gimbals but I simply don't know enough about them to make a decision to purchase. As you can probably tell, I am brand new to the gimbal world and would like some guidance. Does anyone have any recommendations for my setup? Does anyone know of any tutorials or QU4D specific build logs for mounting a gimbal to the airframe? Thanks for any assistance as I have always gotten good information from this community.
Striker22 is offline Find More Posts by Striker22
to remove ads between posts