HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:39 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markusvt View Post
The RPM's really picked up on the 215mph run! I have 1 more prop, then that's it for this bird. Everything temp wise is still good, but not sure how much more I should push a foam plane with no glassing and foam hinges.......
Quote:
How many run's did your's take at 215? Wait, you don't have any...... I'll fly her some more and report back, with tape on both sides, and tons of flights on 2 others just like it, I don't expect any issues.
First, just foam hinges, then ................. tape on them
Your origional post didnt include the tape on the hinges, then you edited it 4 hours later, and there it still sits.

I grow tired of your banter.

You dove and got whatever speed your "calibrated" radar gun said you went.
You have nothing to loose (except some speed) by running straight and level, you are just scared of going so slow that you will look like the fool you are prooving yourself to be, no matter how much we try to help your attitude, you still hold on, so, have fun diving with the wind.

Brag all you want, you havent prooved anything about your setup ........... except that it looks like gravity and windy days are your only true friends.
moparmyway is offline Find More Posts by moparmyway
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:40 AM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,998 Posts
Quote:
Cool, and the value of the post?
Same value as yours .................... GARBAGE !!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:37 AM
Alberta,Canada
Joined Nov 2009
2,476 Posts
A FJU night (2 min 8 sec)

Just some back and forth fun....pretty easy to do....
rimripper is offline Find More Posts by rimripper
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,187 Posts
I can see why it's hard for anyone to gain anything useful from this thread, it it overrun with the endless dribble from a few self proclaimed experts. Agree 100%, or get run out of town. Sorry if a few others try to contribute along the way. I'll leave you to run your sandbox your way.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:55 PM
New York
Joined Jan 2009
4,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimripper View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWhSl...e_gdata_player

Just some back and forth fun....pretty easy to do....
HOLY COW !!
That thing is moving !!!!!!!!
What was the temp when you flew it ??
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:56 PM
The Peak District
Joined Dec 2006
2,974 Posts
Looks like this is going exactly the same way as the original Funjet thread.

Maybe time to lock this one as well.
Ben D Wing is offline Find More Posts by Ben D Wing
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:59 PM
215.0 MPH
United States, VT, Essex
Joined Jul 2007
1,187 Posts
Seems so, by the same few. I do plan to provide more data for the peanut gallery to look at, if they give me a minute to do it, geeze.
markusvt is offline Find More Posts by markusvt
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:16 PM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing View Post
Looks like this is going exactly the same way as the original Funjet thread.

Maybe time to lock this one as well.
Agreed, unsubbed
skaffen is offline Find More Posts by skaffen
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:10 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,850 Posts
I like Funjets, they are swell.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Last edited by johnnyrocco123; Aug 16, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:39 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Mark i respect your position ,i see it this way you had complete control of you plane at all times and thats what counts so the bottom line is you went over 200mph regardless as to how you did it .
if a person straps 500 pounds on a funjet and tosses it off the grand canyon and achives 300mph on a dive and has complete control of the plane and lands it , would it be cheating no he set out a goal and did it . the bottom line is that he did it .this isnt a competion there is no rule book there are no prizes , enjoy the moment . lets move on from this .so that noob like me can learn and enjoy this awesome plane
ps i have high respects for gurus here that have taken the time and take the time to help out with question . i have asked or have seen asked , ive learned alot from them , and just like them i have learned something from you . you took a cheap turnigy motor and made it goes ludicrous speed . thats an achivement . hold you head up .if i ever get up to the skill of flying fast like you and "lets say Mopar" i can go out and do exactly what you did . by reading what you did. and if someone says ooh thats cheating ima tell go ffff off . im not competing im having fun thats what this is all about
sorry if i offended anyone but i just got tired off all the bs
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:51 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
all you guys should just kiss and make up , tonque kissing is optional and i dont care to read up on it
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:42 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
all you guys should just kiss and make up , tonque kissing is optional and i dont care to read up on it
I am very open minded.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
markus, read from post # 6528 page 436 and forward until you tell me to throw in a towel, can you see anything in my posts and questions that would make you think I have something against you ???? I cant see it, I did congrat you on the speed, did ask a few questions, wunder how you did get so much speed, nothing wrong with that, asked you to make a doppler run as I was interested in level speed, as I have same setup that I am building as we speak, I also said more then once, I believe your dive speed,,,,,I really dont know how you could turn this the other way around ??.... I think you take all this wrong way, thats all...

then after you started to get irritated and strange speaking, ok yes, I maybee did say something about throwing a plane fron mountain and reach high speed, maybee that was to far going, but MAN, you have to read first and take in what we say before start getting agresive and ignorant...

Thanks .. Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:58 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
to be really thruthfull, I was quite chocked when the speed 215mph in a dive showed uo, I thought ,, MAN thats crazy speed, and I have same setup, geee man that will be fun.. I then wanted to know what this setup was up to at level flight, thats why I asked... but when you markus suddenly changed my interests in your funjet to a debatt that we dont belive you, and things like : " I have a 215mph ultra, you dont" oh man,,,, please,,, I dont think there are many here that think your plane OR setup is something very special, its a normal ultra with a few mods and a HK setup we all can buy,,,, YES its a little special do get it all done and make that big dive, and that I also said, read the lines I first said efter you put that video...., we are just interested in how and what, not something else, and I dont think the majority here are jelloues either....

And I really do think there is a real interest in to knowing how fast this setup really is in straigh flat level flight.... OK marcus, I can understand if you are not going to do this, just wanted you to know how I see it all.. Thanks...Sebbe
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Last edited by sebbe; Aug 04, 2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
I am very open minded.
T.M.I !!! T.M.I !!!!

,lol