HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:15 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBle View Post
Yes S-FHSS is ful range but will also be available in many Futaba Transmitter Ready products.

FHSS is 4 channel and S-FHSS is 6-8 channel but the same aircraft can be flown in both Rx modes. It just enables the purchaser to fly the aircraft with either a 6J or a 14SG or 18MZ.

FASST is now a legacy system and I doubt any new hardware will be launched using purely FASST. The future for Futaba is FASSTest and FHSS/S-FHSS so new TX and Rx will be launched in these formats.
The problem is that I fly helicopters and the Futaba CGY controller requires a 10-channel Sbus receiver to have full functionality so for right now FASST is my only choice. I think that FASST will continue to be Futaba’s high-end technology for many years, especially since it now has telemetry. It’s a very robust link with a reputation that’s second to none so I can’t that they will ever get rid of it.

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
Actually we do have S.Bus capable S-FHSS receivers. The R2008SB is such a receiver. So it will work perfectly with the CGY750 or any other S.Bus device. The number of S.Bus channels is only limited by the transmitter.

Steve
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:12 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2011
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaluf View Post
Actually we do have S.Bus capable S-FHSS receivers. The R2008SB is such a receiver. So it will work perfectly with the CGY750 or any other S.Bus device. The number of S.Bus channels is only limited by the transmitter.

Steve
So does the R2008SB output all 14 channels on the S.Bus port when using with the 14SG? Or is S-FHSS restricted to 8 channels only.

Cheers,
Si.
SimonChambers is offline Find More Posts by SimonChambers
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:17 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
It will output the number of channels the transmitter has. In the 14SG's case that is 14 total channels. 12 proportional and 2 switched.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers View Post
So does the R2008SB output all 14 channels on the S.Bus port when using with the 14SG? Or is S-FHSS restricted to 8 channels only.

Cheers,
Si.
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I think the 12FG will be discontinued because Futaba now has 2 x 14 channel radio in the market, even if the 12FG software is better.
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
CHINA
Joined Apr 2005
1,035 Posts
Quote:
It will output the number of channels the transmitter has. In the 14SG's case that is 14 total channels. 12 proportional and 2 switched.

Steve
hi,steve,

can you please take a test and confirmed the R2008SB with 18MZ at S-FHSS mode will have 18 channels at it's SB port?

thanks.

meng
ASSAN is offline Find More Posts by ASSAN
Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:47 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Why a test. Steve has stated that that is the case. S.bus mode is limited by the number of Tx channels, not the Rx.

The Tx assigns a unique address to each channel. The 18MZ can assign 18 unique addresses.
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:56 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,631 Posts
Quote:

Steve
I donít think that you are correct. I think that S-FHSS has a limit of 8-channels no matter how many channels your transmitter. Itís not intended to be their high-end technology. I really know if I want trust FHSS with an expensive helicopter Ė for me FASST is the trusted high-end technology.

Do you think there will ever be a S-FHSSest with telemetry?

Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Interesting Futaba choose to go back to NiMH. Is it LSD technology?
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfly View Post
Interesting Futaba choose to go back to NiMH. Is it LSD technology?
I like NiMh. It’s much safer and 5 hours is way more than enough time for me.

Good Choice Futaba!

Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:29 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
I donít think that you are correct. I think that S-FHSS has a limit of 8-channels no matter how many channels your transmitter. Itís not intended to be their high-end technology. I really know if I want trust FHSS with an expensive helicopter Ė for me FASST is the trusted high-end technology.

Do you think there will ever be a S-FHSSest with telemetry?

I beleive Steve is correct in that the S.bus allows for unlimited channels to be operated. the limitor is the Tx.
the Tx would be limiting the number of channels due to the frame rate that the Rx can process.
You may find that the R2008SB S-FHSS Rx will be slower than a R7008SB FASSTest Rx when receinving data from 18 functions. So no the S-FHSS Rx may not be the best choice of Rx for a helicopter pilot wanting the crispest control but for a scale Helipcopter it may not be a problem.

The differences between the FHSS/S_FHSS and the FASST/FASSTest Rx's is not just the bandwidth andcoding but also processing ability of the chips used and thats where the additional premium comes from. The FASST/FASSTest coding may also be much more complex for better error correction and higher overall sensitivity
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:06 AM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,209 Posts
Quote:
I like NiMh. Itís much safer and 5 hours is way more than enough time for me.

Good Choice Futaba!

+1,
They leave the final choice up to the user. The stock Nimh pack, or a replacement made up of 2150mAh Sanyo cells is fine for many folks who prefer the tried and true old school technology. For those who want to use LiFe or Lipo, starting with the 8FG, you have user settable low voltage warning for those who want to use the other chemistries available. The choice of a 6 cell 7.2V makes the use of a 2S Lipo or LiFe a viable choice for those that want to go that route.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:34 AM
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Jan 2011
131 Posts
Two questions:

1) Will the 14SG have curve mixes instead of just linear like the 8FG Super?

2) How many points will the throttle (both air and heli) and pitch curves be?
ben_beyer is offline Find More Posts by ben_beyer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
mostly gliders
SkellefteŚ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
960 Posts
Quote:
I like NiMh. Itís much safer and 5 hours is way more than enough time for me.

Good Choice Futaba!

... one can say that 14SG is thirstier than 8FG...

/Ville
liukku is offline Find More Posts by liukku
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:20 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_beyer View Post
Two questions:

1) Will the 14SG have curve mixes instead of just linear like the 8FG Super?

2) How many points will the throttle (both air and heli) and pitch curves be?
The 8FG has a 5-point mixing curve option on all mixers Ė itís on the menu and I have used it.