Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:52 AM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Hi,

This KK2 is based on same family ATmega as the old one. But it is a more advanced chip, with for example 2 UART, instead of only 1 like the old "KK" board from HK.

At the first look it is looking like that the 2 UART are again not freely accessible, that what be a petty ...

Anyhow, anybody know a valid open source code for this board ... or is Ralf code what is in this board, since his name is also now stamped in the PCB

Danke

e_lm_70
It's Rolf's custom code for this board. He will release the code to open source after the first FW update.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Last edited by Hasher66; Jun 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:28 AM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,136 Posts
Well I must say, this board is VERY attractive to a newbie. And that I am. I have yet to pull the trigger on the first purchase of any part of a QC. Still self educating myself on these things. I'm a 41 yr old "child of glow plugs" that is hesitate on diving into electrics and QC's. (But I must due to field location and free time)

Part of that reason for the delay is there is an awful lot to look at, google, digest and learn about FC's, ESC's, Motors, Frames, FPV etc... So something like this, from a newbie perspective, helps reduce "buyers remorse" drastically.

Whether or not this is the 1st one with an LCD screen or not (I know it's not), this is the way the market will go. We will see onboard color LCD screens on FC boards. It's not IF but WHEN they will make up the majority.

QC's are in their infancy. Think 8-track to cassette to CD to Ipod. FC's are in the 8 track stage of their life right now. My god, look at all the wires, dongles, dingles, dangles, code & programs one has to wade through. It's very daunting for the lay person to make something fly.

LCD screens and onboard programming (also bluetooth) will be welcomed and become the norm not the minority in the near future.

I look forward to more stuff like this. I imagine we will see the Android phone & Iphone be used as a FC directly. They already have a GPS rx, accelerometers, camera's & mapping software installed. Program the FC (aka your phone), attach it to the QC and away you go. The oboard camera can be used for recording and FPV. The cell phones antenna can send, telemetry, gps and tracking info to friends, family and social websites in real time.

I really look fwd to seeing the progress these little guys make over the next decade. Going to be very impressive.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:54 AM
computer geek
United Kingdom, England, Chippenham
Joined Dec 2010
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
Ordered mine. Just need another multi to put it in. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive ARF kit?
I've just ordered one, along with this kit especially for the KK2.0 http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname=

I've done multis before, but got caught up in long range FPV lately so have been focussed on my Skywalker.

Fed up with my skywalker right now, so need to get back to something very simple and easy to setup (purely for time reasons), this KK2.0 looks ideal.
CorporalB is offline Find More Posts by CorporalB
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:14 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Ya, for those who don't want to mess around with the flight controllers too much, this looks like a great product. I just ordered two boards along with a lot of micro motors and escs. The micro components are great to work with for building durable custom frames from cheap materials. With the abundance of motor mixes from this board I'm excited to test out some new frame styles. I've been wanting to build a V6 for a while, but many flight controllers don't support that configuration. I was about to purchase an APM 2 for building a micro v8, but that is a huge waste of money for the setup I had planned to build; this board on the other hand seems ideal. The true test will be to see how well the control algorithms work. They aren't as developed as other software, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they will perform any worse. We'll just have to wait and see once the boards start shipping out.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post
I've just ordered one, along with this kit especially for the KK2.0 http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...1&productname=

I've done multis before, but got caught up in long range FPV lately so have been focussed on my Skywalker.

Fed up with my skywalker right now, so need to get back to something very simple and easy to setup (purely for time reasons), this KK2.0 looks ideal.
I was just looking at that, those RCTimer ARFs are the cheapest Ive seen so far.
epyonxero is offline Find More Posts by epyonxero
Old Jun 20, 2012, 01:37 PM
BRAZIL
Joined Jul 2010
77 Posts
Nice kk Board it`s a great choise for beginer`s multirotor pratice.
work fine with this setup:
Board:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...723&aff=171252
Motor:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...701&aff=171252
Esc:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...312&aff=171252
Crissbrasil is offline Find More Posts by Crissbrasil
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:13 PM
It's a job...
United States, PA, Warrington
Joined May 2012
1,136 Posts
Well that was fast. In stock 6 hours ago. Back ordered already.
747Pilot is offline Find More Posts by 747Pilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:20 PM
If it ain't broke, fix it.
USA, OR, Portland
Joined Jan 2004
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 747Pilot View Post
Well that was fast. In stock 6 hours ago. Back ordered already.
I have a feeling that this FC will be a hard one for HK to keep in stock.

It will still be much, much easier to get than a OP CC3D, (since HK is actually actively making hardware), but it's probably best to place an order for one even if they're on back order right now. HK will fill those back orders first.
Hasher66 is offline Find More Posts by Hasher66
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:26 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2007
99 Posts
If its a mega chip, means we can use the unused pins for other stuff?
BasTijs is offline Find More Posts by BasTijs
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Sep 2011
517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasTijs View Post
If its a mega chip, means we can use the unused pins for other stuff?
Yes, but they aren't easily accessible and you would need to modify the assembly code once released. None of the unused pins appear to be exposed, including both of the serial ports available on the 324PA.
sg1anubis is offline Find More Posts by sg1anubis
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:53 PM
computer geek
United Kingdom, England, Chippenham
Joined Dec 2010
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyonxero View Post
I was just looking at that, those RCTimer ARFs are the cheapest Ive seen so far.
yes, I've used RCTimer for all my multirotor builds, good motors and the ESCs are basically hobbywing pentiums (or funfly as they now call them) programmable ESCs.

That package is perfect, especially as it has the plate with in-built power distribution, cant wait to solder it all together and stick my GoPro on it
CorporalB is offline Find More Posts by CorporalB
Old Jun 24, 2012, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalB View Post

Hi I'm looking @ that kit too i will be interested to see how long it takes you to get it the price is very good too
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Jun 24, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined May 2010
335 Posts
do we have 4.7 ver for hexa?
bigbro3760 is offline Find More Posts by bigbro3760
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:30 PM
Taka
Joined Dec 2010
131 Posts
I think its a right thing to do for the original designer of KK, he should be the one selling them, since we all enjoyed his work since the first KK board right ?

I would rather buy direct from him than thru long waiting time thru HKing.
Everyone one on the market has been cashing out on his design, selling their own version of the KK board, promising to pay a royality fee to Rolf Bakke, but in reality, did he really receives those royalities, i don't think so !

So kindly pls donate directly to him only.

Thanks Rolf for all these years of your great coding, its time you reap your rewards. Hope Hking treats you well.
Estiavilla is offline Find More Posts by Estiavilla
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:24 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
If Rolf patented it then surly by law he should get royalty's shouldn't he ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...