HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined May 2002
239 Posts
Transmitter specs are on the first post on the first page.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Jun 2007
26 Posts
Well.... maybe they are. Sort of like mystery meat.... maybe it tis and maybe it tain't!
Roger
* Official specifications (as of 4/26/12):

Number of channels: 2-32, user selectable
Number of control inputs: 16, 2 gimbals, 8 switches, 2 sliders, 2 pots
Frame rate: 5ms to 20ms, based on number of channels used
Resolution: 65536 (16 bit), via 12 bit ADC with 16x oversampling
Display: 240x64 LCD, back lit white, polarized lens friendly
Power requirements: 6v-24v (Lipo, LiFe, Nicd, Nimh compatible)
Gimbals: ball bearing, adjustable tension and stick lengths
Audio out: 3w speaker with sound, music, and speech capabilities
Frequency: 2.4GHz with 900MHz coming in the future
CPU: dsPIC @ 40 mips, 100% assembly code
Model memory: >1 million on an 8GB storage card
Storage type: 1Mbit EEPROM, 32Mbit FLASH ROM, and micro SD media card
RF Technology: DivBee® module
Telemetry: built-in, with event programming features
Retail price: $249-$299, depending on SD media storage option

* - subject to slight changes
rogerzzz is offline Find More Posts by rogerzzz
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:03 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
there's a "going rate" for used stuff?... I thought it was just about supply and demand...
Yes, KM... there is a "going rate" for used stuff..... I've been doing business as a buyer and seller on these forums for a LONG time (as you probably have too) and the "going rate" for used equipment as I have seen it is _usually_ 1/2 of the retail cost of the item.

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule .....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:58 PM
Glitch Master
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Apr 2007
2,009 Posts
Well, you would ask list price for something used that you really don't want to get rid of, wouldn't you?
Jim Varley is offline Find More Posts by Jim Varley
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:22 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
Yes, KM... there is a "going rate" for used stuff..... I've been doing business as a buyer and seller on these forums for a LONG time (as you probably have too) and the "going rate" for used equipment as I have seen it is _usually_ 1/2 of the retail cost of the item.

My exception to your rule is the buyer can't buy the products from the manufacturer so he needs to pay my price if he really wants the product.
BTW solid state components are not subject to wear out ,so my stuff is equal to new equipment. I ts not like buying a used motor
However since I am not providing a warrant, I will discount the price 20%.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:16 AM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
498 Posts
Face it the XPS Tx is a myth like pink unicorns and striped knee socks.

Do you really think if XPS wanted to sell RC equipment anymore this awesome Tx would sit while Jim went off chasing submersible mermaids?? How many potential customers are rushing to land locked AZ for submarine controls?? Most subs I 've seen need deep saltwater or a ocean at least to test in... home automation, have you seen the housing market lately??
Im next door in NM so I would heard about this home automation craze sweepin through the SW USA.
I hope it all is true and XPS is gangbuster in other areas.

5% of XPS effort going to their RC business....I use more effort then that to reach a pesky ingrown toe nail.
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:14 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,196 Posts
Ah, New Mexico, home to Walter White. I tend to agree with you, in any case.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:18 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia View Post
Face it the XPS Tx is a myth like pink unicorns and striped knee socks.
Wow, I wondered about those unicorns.... the transmitter could be a myth if nobody had held one in their hands, seen the display, heard the speech, etc. The fact is that they have, and at major trade shows, not a club meeting.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:37 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,011 Posts
Jim,

Holding a sample or prototype is far from holding a production model. In your case, the production model is already 1 year behind the prototype. Just let us know how it's going with the product testing and maybe a little on the schedule. No one is asking for an exact release date. Just an approximate one will do for now.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:45 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post

...if you only use high quality products, then half off would usually mean something is seriously wrong with it. On the other end of the scale, if all you're into is used cheapo stuff, then you may be able to get everything darn near free. Exceptions means it's not a rule, it's just supply and demand...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined May 2002
239 Posts
the KM that is a much better cat... there is on doubt that that is one happy cat.
Grich is offline Find More Posts by Grich
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:34 AM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,403 Posts
Like most XPS stuff, the Tx will be released eventually. Heck even Duke Nukem Forever finally saw the light of day.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
...if you only use high quality products, then half off would usually mean something is seriously wrong with it.
I hate to burst your little bubble but buying "used stuff" at 1/2 price or less of list prices is how I originally got into XPS to begin with several years ago....

So, by your definition, something must be seriously wrong with the XPS stuff I bought. Should I be worried ? I've been been flying my helis and planks for the past several years without a single issue. Or are you calling Jim's stuff junk ???

Play with semantics all you want but what I have stated is pretty darned accurate...."exceptions to the rule" have been duly noted......

Now how about WE ALL get back on track and see if we coax Jim to giving us a real update on the transmitter.......How about it , KM, you're one of Jim's most staunchest supporters. How about giving him a call on behalf of the folks here on this forum ??

The disgruntled folks that can't wait and want to bail out, go ahead..... head over to the classifieds and put your stuff on the market for whatever price you wish.....
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Last edited by JuanRodriguez; Aug 16, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:45 PM
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Aug 2004
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Jim,

Holding a sample or prototype is far from holding a production model. In your case, the production model is already 1 year behind the prototype. Just let us know how it's going with the product testing and maybe a little on the schedule. No one is asking for an exact release date. Just an approximate one will do for now.

chewy
With the lines of code this will require, it will likely take several months to just test the software after they think the product is ready.
Just ask Boeing or Lockheed-Martian how long it takes to test software.
dirtybird is offline Find More Posts by dirtybird
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Oct 2007
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
...We expect our RC business to slip to perhaps 5% of our total business plan by the end of the year ...
It's just good business practice to focus your efforts where you think the best return will be realized. It takes time to ramp up a new enterprise. So if the R/C projects are expected to ramp down to 5% and the transmitter was hoped by many to be ready last Christmas at greater than a 5% effort, when should we expect it to be completed?
DoeHillFlyer is offline Find More Posts by DoeHillFlyer
Closed Thread