HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:18 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Discussion
koysho P-40 Warhawk or Spitfire?

Well I'm going to buy a Koysho P-40 Warhawk or Spitfire. Can I get feedback on anything positive or negative you would like to say about either one. And if there is someone out there that has both I would really like to here which you would rather fly and why.
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2010, 04:52 PM
flying since 2000
Winterthur ZH, Switzerland
Joined Mar 2009
514 Posts
Hi there

I had the P40 and my father owns the Spitfire. Both fly incredibly good, you can't go wrong with those Kyosho warbirds! I guess you will have to decide, which one looks better to you, and then buy the one you like better.

My father flies the Spit with a OS 81FS-a. There is way too much power, you have to land on grass, otherwise she will never stop taxiing. Now he is thinking about putting a "pre-glow machine" in (I dont know the word in english, sorry. He just wants to set the idle-rpm lower). I guess a good motor for the spit would be a OS56Fs-a. The Spit flies great, like all Kyosho warbirds do. We think there are no negative points.

I owned the P40. Unfortunately it crashed the other day because the elevator fell off . I flew the P40 very much and I can tell you it is also like the spit a great flyer! The rotating retracts worked perfect until the end of my P40, you don't have to worry about them. The only negative point at the P40 is that the colours of the cowling and the fuselage dont match. If you stand right in front of the plane you see it, but in flight it is hard to see.
I flew the P40 with a Hacker A40-14s with a 13x8 and 5s 5000mAh. I guess this is a perfect setup for those Kyosho warbirds. Now I'm thinking about getting the Hien, it looks pretty good!

I'm sorry if something may be hard to understand, here in Switzerland it's late and I have a hard day behind me
If you have any questions, please ask. The more I write, the more my english improves (I guess it has to improve a lot)

Regards
Stefan
sfluck is online now Find More Posts by sfluck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flying the Spider X on the...
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Sep 2008
1,103 Posts
Thanks for the feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfluck View Post
Hi there

I had the P40 and my father owns the Spitfire. Both fly incredibly good, you can't go wrong with those Kyosho warbirds! I guess you will have to decide, which one looks better to you, and then buy the one you like better.

My father flies the Spit with a OS 81FS-a. There is way too much power, you have to land on grass, otherwise she will never stop taxiing. Now he is thinking about putting a "pre-glow machine" in (I dont know the word in english, sorry. He just wants to set the idle-rpm lower). I guess a good motor for the spit would be a OS56Fs-a. The Spit flies great, like all Kyosho warbirds do. We think there are no negative points.

I owned the P40. Unfortunately it crashed the other day because the elevator fell off . I flew the P40 very much and I can tell you it is also like the spit a great flyer! The rotating retracts worked perfect until the end of my P40, you don't have to worry about them. The only negative point at the P40 is that the colours of the cowling and the fuselage dont match. If you stand right in front of the plane you see it, but in flight it is hard to see.
I flew the P40 with a Hacker A40-14s with a 13x8 and 5s 5000mAh. I guess this is a perfect setup for those Kyosho warbirds. Now I'm thinking about getting the Hien, it looks pretty good!

I'm sorry if something may be hard to understand, here in Switzerland it's late and I have a hard day behind me
If you have any questions, please ask. The more I write, the more my english improves (I guess it has to improve a lot)

Regards
Stefan
Fidy$Trainer is offline Find More Posts by Fidy$Trainer
Old Sep 18, 2010, 06:46 PM
Glenn
United States, WI, Oconto Falls
Joined Jan 2004
2,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidy$Trainer View Post
Well I'm going to buy a Koysho P-40 Warhawk or Spitfire. Can I get feedback on anything positive or negative you would like to say about either one. And if there is someone out there that has both I would really like to here which you would rather fly and why.
I have both and if you do a search there is a ton of threads on both planes, you will find the P-40 has some issues with cowl colour mismatch which if your not a scale freak who cares, retract issues and some people have had elevator problems. The Spitfire is almost perfect though.
As far as flying them though, sorry I can't help you much here because there both very nice warbirds.
wellington53 is offline Find More Posts by wellington53
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2008
46 Posts
love my P40. spitfire will be next...well, after I finish building the ones I have in storage.
Funstuff is offline Find More Posts by Funstuff
Old Sep 20, 2010, 12:24 PM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,444 Posts
I have the Spitfire and like it very much.
Thrawn150 is online now Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me
Old Sep 20, 2010, 05:54 PM
Joined Oct 2009
129 Posts
Battle of Britain.... go for the Spit! Its the one id love to own but need more air time before i get myself one.
Bob Watson is offline Find More Posts by Bob Watson