SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
I've read up to page 520 something and there is smoke coming from my ears. Just so much to learn and so many new acronyms I don't know. Printed the manual and ran out of paper in the process. I think the ink is low now also. It's like half an inch thick!

Ordered some 4 pin connectors from the link posted earlier and hope to have the first power up this week.

Has anyone made a DOSD install video for "dummies?" I looked but didn't find one.
sounds fun... Ill work on one but it wont include RTH... that would have to be a "DVD series" lol

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:50 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,441 Posts
Quote:
I've read up to page 520 something and there is smoke coming from my ears. Just so much to learn and so many new acronyms I don't know. Printed the manual and ran out of paper in the process. I think the ink is low now also. It's like half an inch thick!

Ordered some 4 pin connectors from the link posted earlier and hope to have the first power up this week.

Has anyone made a DOSD install video for "dummies?" I looked but didn't find one.
I know it can be quite daunting at first..
The DOSD can be as tame as you want it. or as advance as you want it with the way points capability's and such.

I havent even had mine in the air yet. Being winter here, its not the greatest. But the worst of it is over, and i love flying on cool sunny winter days where you can actually get a sun tan.;0)

Heres a little video i made awhile ago. its pretty basic. One of the main things is to make sure you power it correctly. wither with the current sensor or a 3s with a good connector.
As you can tell, when i was talking about the schematics of the wiring harness i was a bit confused myself. lol But now its pretty straight forward. I think i posted a while back. basically you need your signal from the cam and the vtx, they go in the otter pins of the servo lead and the mid is neg.
If you want audio, you well either have to use jumpers, or a 4 pin connector.

P.S I printed my manual off at work ;0)

Dragon Link DOSD basic Hook up (8 min 46 sec)
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Feb 02, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:38 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Last edited by Cralis; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:41 AM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
I know it can be quite daunting at first..
The DOSD can be as tame as you want it. or as advance as you want it with the way points capability's and such.

I havent even had mine in the air yet. Being winter here, its not the greatest. But the worst of it is over, and i love flying on cool sunny winter days where you can actually get a sun tan.;0)

Heres a little video i made awhile ago. its pretty basic. One of the main things is to make sure you power it correctly. wither with the current sensor or a 3s with a good connector.
As you can tell, when i was talking about the schematics of the wiring harness i was a bit confused myself. lol But now its pretty straight forward. I think i posted a while back. basically you need your signal from the cam and the vtx, they go in the otter pins of the servo lead and the mid is neg.
If you want audio, you well either have to use jumpers, or a 4 pin connector.

P.S I printed my manual off at work ;0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n110Buox7lY
I really appreciate the link ad the time it took to make the video. I don't feel as overwhelmed now.

I still have many questions. I continually see the cruise speed discussed when referring to RTH or waypoint flight but to my knowledge the DOSD does not control the throttle. If this is true what is the OSD doing with this setting? I assumed my ESC would be plugged into my DL Rx as it is right now effectively bypassing the OSD. One more thing, I don't see mention anywhere about connecting dual aileron servos to the OSD without using a Y. Can it be done?

This thread is great but also so massive it becomes difficult to find information.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:48 AM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,346 Posts
Quote:
I really appreciate the link ad the time it took to make the video. I don't feel as overwhelmed now.

I still have many questions. I continually see the cruise speed discussed when referring to RTH or waypoint flight but to my knowledge the DOSD does not control the throttle. If this is true what is the OSD doing with this setting? I assumed my ESC would be plugged into my DL Rx as it is right now effectively bypassing the OSD. One more thing, I don't see mention anywhere about connecting dual aileron servos to the OSD without using a Y. Can it be done?

This thread is great but also so massive it becomes difficult to find information.
Founf the info on throttle. Post 19597.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:27 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,236 Posts
Quote:

All you need to do is ask...plenty of folks here willing to help. As for cruise control...for me I didn't like it. I've tried it and, yes, it works fine. I felt disconnected with it though. I found I much prefer just setting my throttle to the position for the speed I want to fly and just let it stay there. You have to set some throttle in your Rx Failsafe no matter what (if you want your plane to 'power' home if you loose radio contact) so why not just let it power home at a set throttle setting...
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:36 PM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
You have to set some throttle in your Rx Failsafe no matter what (if you want your plane to 'power' home if you loose radio contact)
Good idea, I like this !

Cedric
GLADUS63 is online now Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
9 Posts
Quote:

I Have dual servo ailerons with my bixler, for flaperon purpuose, just need to configure on the osd ail1 and ail2 and the channel where you plug it in. For example I have pwm 1 ail, pwm 2 elev, pwm3 esc, pw4 ail. Works excelent if you need two servos as ailerons.

Hope it helps
fpvaddict is offline Find More Posts by fpvaddict
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:55 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvaddict View Post
I Have dual servo ailerons with my bixler, for flaperon purpuose, just need to configure on the osd ail1 and ail2 and the channel where you plug it in. For example I have pwm 1 ail, pwm 2 elev, pwm3 esc, pw4 ail. Works excelent if you need two servos as ailerons.

Hope it helps
Sweet! Having never had a UHF with PPM stream this is all new to me. In the last month I've gone from quad FPV to fixed with with DL and now DOSD. Lots to learn.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,441 Posts
On your DOSD, the first 5 sets of pins are for PPM and 4 servos/throttle.
Neg being on the outter side. You can have everything plugged into your DL RX also.
But if you want any AP functions, you well need the servos and Throttle(if you want to use the dosd's throttle management) plugged into your OSD.

The first thing i did was hook it up to the PC and get on PC Commander and browsed over it all.
Eastcoast78 is offline Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:45 AM
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
Ok.
Small question
You need to put these sensores extre magnetic compass,acelrometer,barometer.....
FY-DOS Inertial Attitude Stabilizer have those three,is it compatible with DOSD+ v2?
GPS i know you connect direct in OSD
I considering to by DOSD :-)
Roar is offline Find More Posts by Roar
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:52 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
Ok.
Small question
You need to put these sensores extre magnetic compass,acelrometer,barometer.....
FY-DOS Inertial Attitude Stabilizer have those three,is it compatible with DOSD+ v2?
GPS i know you connect direct in OSD
I considering to by DOSD :-)
You only need these sensors if you want them.
DOSD will fly your plane with just GPS and a PPM stream from your RC receiver. YOu don't need a current sensor if you don't want it.
If you only want to measure one voltage on screen you don't need GPS!

FY-Dos will probably not pass all the data through a translator to DOSD, Chris1seto may be able to update us on that.
MikeTheCrash is offline Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:04 AM
Joined Jan 2013
27 Posts
ok.... thanks'for reply

Then i know that DOSD will work as standalone,
but will the Artificial horizon work without sensor's ?
if not what sensor's is it using
Roar is offline Find More Posts by Roar
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:28 AM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roar View Post
ok.... thanks'for reply

Then i know that DOSD will work as standalone,
but will the Artificial horizon work without sensor's ?
if not what sensor's is it using
For AHI you'd need the Xlator and a FY-30. They'll connect to the DOSD I2C port. There's other IMU's that will work too, but the FY-30 seems the most rebust and is less expensive than the other choices. Don't plan on a Mag sensor...there's only one that will work and it runs ~$150 and really isn't needed anyway.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,461 Posts
Hey guys. Something odd about my skywalker with dragonosd.

Im using the dragonosd with an fy20 and dragonlink. Usually when im in the menu i should not have any control of the servos. For some reason in the menu i still have control. For instance when i toggle between menus the servos move. I am unable to verify the servo direction test when it is doing this.

Any tips?
blueprint is online now Find More Posts by blueprint