HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:31 AM
Malta, Żejtun
Joined Aug 2014
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNSQUINT View Post
Here is a link to how I put a hook on the Powerzone FPV 2600.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...84618&page=376
start at post 5633

Since the Ranger is a thin shell instead of foam, a sandwich of ply and a blind nut should work well.

hope this helps...
Thinking that you have both the ranger and the fpv2600 ?

If so which one you prefare for just FPV sailing .... Still not sure which one

I like the raptor v2 also the ranger and the FPV 2600 is a nice beast aswel

The raptor is out of the question now for its stall characteristics so it's between the ranger and fpv2600

I'm after simple FPV fun and not aerial video and also after an easy plane to fly.
Nora is offline Find More Posts by Nora
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 01:55 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
maidened my ranger yesterday. flew great.
hardly needed any trim. just a question though, what kind of aileron movement should i be looking for?
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:08 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
795 Posts
Me too, on Saturday, the plane was too twitchy, please share your throws, aileron and elevator, flew with vector controller, and 65mm GC from LE, full loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
hardly needed any trim. just a question though, what kind of aileron movement should i be looking for?
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:22 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arck View Post
Me too, on Saturday, the plane was too twitchy, please share your throws, aileron and elevator, flew with vector controller, and 65mm GC from LE, full loaded.
mine was too slow. lol also with vector.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 02:27 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
795 Posts
HAHAHA, I see, what is your CG, and maybe we need to adjust the gain in vector also, I friend of mine told me to add dual rates 65%, what do you think, or is an attitude gain issue from the vector.
Quote:
mine was too slow. lol also with vector.
Arck is offline Find More Posts by Arck
Old Dec 15, 2014, 03:56 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
Quote:
HAHAHA, I see, what is your CG, and maybe we need to adjust the gain in vector also, I friend of mine told me to add dual rates 65%, what do you think, or is an attitude gain issue from the vector.
CG was about 66mm back,
I was flying with no stabilization. So basically like the vector wasnt even there. With that said im just trying to liven it up a bit.
I pulled the logs from the vector and at 60% throttle i hit 58mph. hahah I was expecting a gentle flier. Not a speed craft. ahhah

My main issue was when i slowed down to come in for landing the plane was like dead slow on controls. Almost stall like. But what do i know. Im a multirotor pilot. haha
Old Dec 15, 2014, 05:31 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
Will ca glue hurt the plastic fuselage?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 03:40 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,967 Posts
Quote:
I use full throws on mine, haven't had an issue with it being too twitchy, but then again I mostly fly in FBWA mode on the APM, and pretty much never in full manual. Try dialing in some EXPO rather than limiting throws... that is IF your FC allows that.

Quote:
Will ca glue hurt the plastic fuselage?
I think I've tried CA on the fuselage and it did not appear to affect it.
Arxangel is offline Find More Posts by Arxangel
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
Joined Mar 2014
42 Posts
Quote:
I use full throw with some expo. I need the downforce when taking off, so I don't nose over

Probably depends on the weight of the plane for how twitchy it feels. My plane is nearly 8 pounds now, so it has a lot of "Inertia".
Drmrdude is offline Find More Posts by Drmrdude
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2014
42 Posts
Quote:
CG was about 66mm back,
I was flying with no stabilization. So basically like the vector wasnt even there. With that said im just trying to liven it up a bit.
I pulled the logs from the vector and at 60% throttle i hit 58mph. hahah I was expecting a gentle flier. Not a speed craft. ahhah

My main issue was when i slowed down to come in for landing the plane was like dead slow on controls. Almost stall like. But what do i know. Im a multirotor pilot. haha
If you are using the vector, try landing with 2D (no hold). crank your gain knob to at least 50% and it will land easy with just some rudder. Add some flaps and it will crawl in, but it takes a while to drop the last bit of altitude if you land with stabilization.

I now like to land with a little throttle at the end. Maybe it is because of the weight the plane is carrying now.
Drmrdude is offline Find More Posts by Drmrdude
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmrdude View Post
If you are using the vector, try landing with 2D (no hold). crank your gain knob to at least 50% and it will land easy with just some rudder. Add some flaps and it will crawl in, but it takes a while to drop the last bit of altitude if you land with stabilization.

I now like to land with a little throttle at the end. Maybe it is because of the weight the plane is carrying now.
What battery are you using for that kind of weight?

Im going to add flaps in tonight and see what that does for me.

Thanks for the advice.

Oh and is anyone running larger tires? I put some on that are about twice the size. The stockers just didnt work out well.