HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2014, 07:44 PM
Joined Sep 2014
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestor View Post
and it seems you found our secret of the easy way to get rid of leaves off the lawn
I know, right! lol
mrclean1972 is online now Find More Posts by mrclean1972
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2014, 12:57 PM
South Africa
Joined Jan 2010
497 Posts
Good day all

On my ez3 black I want to use the board without gps/external mag.
What must be disabled in multiwii to stop i2c errors in multiwii gui?

Edit: got it sorted out
Bking1340 is online now Find More Posts by Bking1340
Last edited by Bking1340; Dec 02, 2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2014, 07:41 AM
Joined Sep 2014
218 Posts
So I recently loaded multiwii 2.3 on to my new whitespy black Pro easy 3 flight controller. I was wondering the flight modes that are available to me are those standard and originate from multiwii? Or are they special from whitespy? I am looking for some further explanation on some of the flight modes. For example baro as opposed to GPS hold, they seem similar, what is the difference, why would someone pick one or the other or would you have them both at the same time?

Edit* - ...and MAG and Headfree, how are those utilized? Also read a little further and saw GPS Hold also uses the Baro.
mrclean1972 is online now Find More Posts by mrclean1972
Last edited by mrclean1972; Dec 03, 2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2014, 11:53 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Dec 2013
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean1972 View Post
So I recently loaded multiwii 2.3 on to my new whitespy black Pro easy 3 flight controller. I was wondering the flight modes that are available to me are those standard and originate from multiwii? Or are they special from whitespy? I am looking for some further explanation on some of the flight modes. For example baro as opposed to GPS hold, they seem similar, what is the difference, why would someone pick one or the other or would you have them both at the same time?

Edit* - ...and MAG and Headfree, how are those utilized? Also read a little further and saw GPS Hold also uses the Baro.
Baro is altitude hold mode. It really has nothing to do with GPS at all. Most people configure their AUX channels to activate baro/alt hold when a GPS mode (pos hold or rth) is active, but that is not done automatically by MultiWii.

You may find this discussion useful from the MW documentation:
http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/?title=Flightmodes

The Witespy pre-configured firmware is completely standard MultiWii. It just has some hardware config done for you. I strongly recommend that people download, configure, and flash their own firmware from the MW download site. That way, you know exactly what was changed from default. The user-configurable firmware is the heart of MultiWii. That's the stuff you really want to understand, and it isn't that hard to learn your way around. I don't think MultiWii hardware should ever be marketed as rtf. That's really my only beef with Paul's approach. I've had very good experiences with his stuff, and I at least have always had fast delivery of orders and good responsiveness to emails.
kapu is offline Find More Posts by kapu
Old Dec 03, 2014, 12:05 PM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclean1972 View Post

http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/?title=Flightmodes

TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Dec 08, 2014, 06:40 PM
Joined Apr 2014
3 Posts
Hey everyone.

I have been flying on a MultiWii EZ Pro Black Edition for some time now. Having recently changed over to a new frame (same electronics config), I seem to be encountering an issue with my throttle levels at idle, as well as my roll relation to the horizon. It would seem to be a simple programming bug, but I have already tried flashing Paul's 2.2 and 2.3 MW versions onto this board without any changes regarding these issues I've mentioned.

I am really hoping someone can shed some light on what is going on with my board, as I am all out of things to try, other than replacing the FC.

Here is a video I took just after re-flashing the board:
MultiWii Throttle and Roll Issues (0 min 55 sec)
StonedLlama is offline Find More Posts by StonedLlama
Old Dec 08, 2014, 07:04 PM
Herd WarpSquad
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
1,102 Posts
There aren't any problems there. The flight controller is trying to maintain attitude, and without props it can't, so the motor speeds will vary.

And that's correct operation for an artificial horizon. If you look at the horizon and tilt your head left, the horizon will tilt to the right.
Moto Moto is online now Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Dec 09, 2014, 05:48 PM
Joined Apr 2014
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto View Post
There aren't any problems there. The flight controller is trying to maintain attitude, and without props it can't, so the motor speeds will vary.

And that's correct operation for an artificial horizon. If you look at the horizon and tilt your head left, the horizon will tilt to the right.
Hmmm, never thought of it that way before. That could be it.. I'll see what she does with props, and a low hover. Thanks!
StonedLlama is offline Find More Posts by StonedLlama
Old Dec 11, 2014, 02:42 PM
United States, FL, Port Orange
Joined Sep 2001
447 Posts
Whitespy uBlox M8N GPS GLONASS setup

deleted
kd4gfy is online now Find More Posts by kd4gfy
Last edited by kd4gfy; Dec 12, 2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
No you cant fly it.
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Mar 2011
1,264 Posts
I have this GPS and wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to wire to utilize the onboard mag via i2c.

GPS will use vcc, grd, rx, tx

then do I just hook up the SDA/SCL to an i2c port?

the GPS will be powered with 5v... does the MAG get 3.3v power from this somehow?

I just haven't been able to find any wiring diagrams or anything on which port is what for and there are 4 of them haha. what are the other 3?
kicekilla is online now Find More Posts by kicekilla
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:09 AM
Joined Apr 2003
4 Posts
I am having a heck of a time to getting my ESCs to respond. Any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tried so far:

1. ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY - set this and tried to calibrate with my radio and without. The motors will beep that they have power then nothing else.

2. Tried different min values.

3. unplugged the first esc and plugged it directly into my radio and it would spin up a motor fine. Without removing the battery I plug it back in to the multiwii and it was still working.

4. Tried reseting all the ESCs by plugging them directly into the radio then also setting the max and min throttle.

Thanks in advance.
dysanf is offline Find More Posts by dysanf
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:58 AM
Official Stupid Question Asker
United States, TX, San Juan
Joined Mar 2013
4,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysanf View Post
I am having a heck of a time to getting my ESCs to respond. Any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tried so far:

1. ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY - set this and tried to calibrate with my radio and without. The motors will beep that they have power then nothing else.

2. Tried different min values.

3. unplugged the first esc and plugged it directly into my radio and it would spin up a motor fine. Without removing the battery I plug it back in to the multiwii and it was still working.

4. Tried reseting all the ESCs by plugging them directly into the radio then also setting the max and min throttle.

Thanks in advance.
Bump this up some

/**************************** Motor minthrottle *******************************/
/* Set the minimum throttle command sent to the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
This is the minimum value that allow motors to run at a idle speed */
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1300 // for Turnigy Plush ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1120 // for Super Simple ESCs 10A
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1064 // special ESC (simonk)
//#define MINTHROTTLE 1050 // for brushed ESCs like ladybird
#define MINTHROTTLE 1150 // (*) (**)

if 1150 is not high enough try 1200 but I'd go no higher than that.

Also make sure your throttle endpoints on your TX are set to around 1100 and 2000
TheQuestor is online now Find More Posts by TheQuestor
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: QTipToo.8 Part 5
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:55 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2013
670 Posts
Dysanf,

What escs are you using?
acessford101 is offline Find More Posts by acessford101
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Joined Sep 2008
44 Posts
I just got my EZ 3.0 board with ublox 6h installed on my old F330 clone. Everything looks good on the bench, I pickup 8 gps satellites, and the mag values look good. I calibrated everything, but when I activate RTH, it just points the quad back at me. It doesn't actually fly itself back to me. What would cause this? GPS Hold seems to work, it loiters a bit, but I think it's working. Acro flight is good, just trying to get GPS RTH working. Not sure where to go from here, any ideas?

thx
Dan
DanReidy is offline Find More Posts by DanReidy
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM
Joined Apr 2003
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acessford101 View Post
Dysanf,

What escs are you using?
I have still been playing with this I used the recommendations above without any luck. The ESCs are HW30a.
dysanf is offline Find More Posts by dysanf