HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2013, 05:46 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
The .032 wire won't fit in the servo tabs. You'll have to carefully ream out the largest hole - the one furthest from the gear on the servo. There's not a lot of plastic around the hole, so go slowly.

Mark
fleaz is offline Find More Posts by fleaz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:01 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,587 Posts
The micro keepers from Dubro are made for 1/32" wire. My thought process was to use some thin heat shrink or maybe tape on the pushrod prior to the L bend to build up the thickness of the wire enough so the barrel of the keeper would snap on and hold tight. At the end of the keeper the hole is 1/32" but if the keeper is snapped tightly on the pushrod the .020 wire thru the 1/32" hole shouldn't be a problem. A little slop there is probably OK if the keeper is on tight.

Would not want to use 1/32" pushrods for the reason you stated, not a lot of meat on the servo end. Don't think I would want to try to enlarge the hole to 1/32"!! I would be really annoyed if I botched up the servo output on the board!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is offline Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Old May 07, 2013, 12:57 PM
Joined Apr 2002
85 Posts
Just thought I would share a few photos of my SpookE. Kit went together great and I'm looking forward to the first flight!

Cheers
Gary
gazweller is offline Find More Posts by gazweller
Old May 07, 2013, 02:37 PM
BYOP - Build Your Own Planes
United States, WI, Appleton
Joined Mar 2001
1,724 Posts
That's a couple of nice looking SpookE models!

Herb,

On the "Lazy Z", "Snake", (or whatever you would like to call them ) bends:

I found that it can help if you push a piece of balsa or f-f-f-f-f-foam on the part of the wire that is sticking straight up at the RX, to keep it in place while you shrink tube the other end of the push rod wire.

-Brian
Mountain Models is offline Find More Posts by Mountain Models
Old May 07, 2013, 02:54 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Apr 2003
99 Posts
Gary,

Your SpookE looks superb! I like the color scheme you chose. Hope the maiden goes well!

--Ron
Monofoil Man is offline Find More Posts by Monofoil Man
Old May 07, 2013, 07:31 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
403 Posts
Thanks Brian, the flying season in full swing so the Spook has taken a storage space on the book case and on a rainy day I'll get back to her. Thank you for your help....you really design a great aircraft. Right now I'm flying he heck out of the Bogie 72.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Jun 08, 2013, 05:12 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
403 Posts
Raining again in Central New York so picked up the unfinished SpookE. Handled the linkage issue and covered the wing. That wing is kind of a challenge to cover. Here are a couple of pictures and I hope to maiden her this week if it ever stops raining. Took the pictures in the garage with my ipad and the color seems a bit off. The aircraft is a light tan.....Microlite of course.
moparherb is online now Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Apr 2002
85 Posts
Just thought I would say that after waiting a while for a calm enough day I managed to maiden my SpookE today. It was not totally wind still, but never the less it flew pretty well in the light breeze, and I was quite surprised with the amount of power the motor gave out.

I ended up having to add a bit of ballast to the nose to get the cg correct, and reducing the movement of the rudder to make it less sensitive. But all in all a good first session, and l look forward to flying it again - this time hopefully in dead calm conditions.

Cheers!
Gary
gazweller is offline Find More Posts by gazweller