Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
339 Posts
Discussion
Can We Do This For Now On

I like this free thread:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1784229&page=2

My response was:
Your Heart Is In the right Place. I really Think That All of these RC sites and the AMA should do like the Outdoor Channels. The Should Be A Contributing Factor and Back Up The Chatter and Promote The RC Hobby just Like The Deer Hunting, Fishing and even The NFL With Play 60. I have been an RCG'er For going on 3 years and I am a newbie compared to alot of these older RC Hobbyist. Yet I have never seen one RC site or Distributor Promote or Try to pass the hobby down to our YOUTH. WHY IS THAT ? ? ? ? ? ?

My Reply To:Far4nugn
I wish more people that has connections in the hobby world like people / pilots who get promotional planes, lets just say free planes to test. By sellers such as EFlite, NitroPlanes, Hangar9,GWS. These guys give planes to test fly. Yet the old planes that they rarely sell or out of production and sitting on the shelves. I would think that someone would draft our Y.O.U.T.H. on these particular planes. We know most of them are trainer related. So can someone spread the word to get our Y.O.U.T.H Involved.

Thanks For The Piggyback @ Far4nugn
dirdredd is online now Find More Posts by dirdredd
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:07 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
As you say, his heart is in the right place, but I really do not like the way he is going about it and find it awfully distasteful. The reason I say this is that I feel no matter how hard your times might be, no one should ever have to post a tough and very personal story online. It is all about PRIDE- Everyone has a certain level of pride, and to have to post your story for everyone to see can feel like a shot to the gut for the person trying to get the item. Not a very kind way to give an item away if the person has to swallow their pride.

We have had free threads in the Atl Area before, they can be abused....

In regards to passing the hobby on, we had a new father and son at the field today. They set up over 100 yards away and did apparently were not comfortable approaching us, so blively, electrich, gymnast and I went to go help after watching several fails of hand launches. We retrimmed their mini-Cub (it had about 20* of up elevator) and were talking the dad through circuits within 20 minutes. Unfortunately, the son did not get a turn before dad trashed it; but we all fixed it and I promised the son I would help him on the sticks next time, as the sun was going down and we needed to let the adhesive cure from the previous crashes.

There is really few things more enjoyable to me than getting someone hooked into the hobby; excitement is contagious and I am confident they will be back there as much as time permits.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
Dir_D_Redd
Joined Jan 2010
339 Posts
See That is why you are my BUD! @ bsbauman. So where was this field and I was not invited,lol.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:12 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,742 Posts
LOL, we were at the old DFC in the neighborhood. It is turning into a full construction site, but doubtful their progress will impede on our airspace for another 8-12 months (hopefully).

Keep up with the Pecan thread, Marko is talking about a New Years day fun fly and it will be a blast.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
Dir_D_Redd
Joined Jan 2010
339 Posts
Will do.