HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Apr 2009
42 Posts
Discussion
St Roch

any one have a St roch or is there any info on building one. I have one and would like to build it. My Dad was on it for a bit back in the old days
Rick
Rick tomsett is offline Find More Posts by Rick tomsett
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:36 AM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,672 Posts
neat boat and have seen a couple models built of it up in Canada. Nice thing the real vessel preserved at the Vancouver Maritime Museum under cover!
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
Olympia WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,031 Posts
Rick, I don't understand your question. Do you have a kit and are looking for others who have built the kit, are you looking for others who have scratch built the model or are you looking for plans? The museum has model kits and reference materials available in book form the last time I was there. The real vessel is very interesting to go through. Jerryj98501
jerryj98501 is offline Find More Posts by jerryj98501
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 AM
Yacht Captain
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Oct 2007
336 Posts
We have one at Burnaby.
On its second owner.
The scratch builder (Kaj) is still a member and has some of his original paperwork.
yacht boy is offline Find More Posts by yacht boy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Dec 2007
110 Posts
BAMM Club Model

This is the model scratch built by Kaj

Kim
canute is online now Find More Posts by canute
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:55 AM
Joined Dec 2007
110 Posts
St. Roch

A gentleman from the Hamilton Ontario Club scratch built this one. It was small enough to carry in a business case and I believe he sailed it one time at Central Park in Burnaby when he was out west. He let me run this model at Spencer Smith Park in Burlington. Very detailed.
Kim
canute is online now Find More Posts by canute
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:10 AM
Olympia WA
Joined Nov 2004
1,031 Posts
Rick, Here is the book I have from the museum. It has history plus three views and cross-section. Jerryj98501
jerryj98501 is offline Find More Posts by jerryj98501
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:18 AM
Joined Apr 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryj98501 View Post
Rick, I don't understand your question. Do you have a kit and are looking for others who have built the kit, are you looking for others who have scratch built the model or are you looking for plans? The museum has model kits and reference materials available in book form the last time I was there. The real vessel is very interesting to go through. Jerryj98501
I have the kit and was going to build it in memory of my DAD. he was on the St Rock in the RCMP and my mom has some of pic from dad in the old days. I have never built a wood kit like this before. I have done lots of models and RC boats but not one like this. So I was looking for building pic and tips to help me along with it. my be Kaj would just sell me his cheap lol or in any one knows where I can find a build thread to look at.
any help or pic and tips would be nice
Thanks Rick
Rick tomsett is offline Find More Posts by Rick tomsett