HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2011, 05:57 PM
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined Aug 2011
211 Posts
Discussion
Got Me A UMX Beast!

Ok so here is the disclaimer before anyone tells me I'm not ready for it yet!

I just bought it for the next plane in my learning progression and am not trying to fly it yet for sure.

K, that being said I found a local shop that isn't my normal local shop that had 2 left. My normal local shop is already sold out. I wanted to make sure I got this one at the nice price of $99.99 before it was gone. Still not sure why they decided to discontinue this one but I love the looks and available performance right out of the box so I'm pretty stoked!

As a side note does anyone know if someone besides horizon makes a battery pack for this plane? The guy at the shop said I have to redo the wiring to use something like a thunder power for instance...
Primate is offline Find More Posts by Primate
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:07 PM
Crystal River, FL
Joined Feb 2010
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
Ok so here is the disclaimer before anyone tells me I'm not ready for it yet!

I just bought it for the next plane in my learning progression and am not trying to fly it yet for sure.

K, that being said I found a local shop that isn't my normal local shop that had 2 left. My normal local shop is already sold out. I wanted to make sure I got this one at the nice price of $99.99 before it was gone. Still not sure why they decided to discontinue this one but I love the looks and available performance right out of the box so I'm pretty stoked!

As a side note does anyone know if someone besides horizon makes a battery pack for this plane? The guy at the shop said I have to redo the wiring to use something like a thunder power for instance...
You didn't get it from Lee's Hobbies did you?
EDIT:Never mind....just seen your location...Just seen the FL at first.
rick55_55 is offline Find More Posts by rick55_55
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:11 PM
United States, FL, Winter Park
Joined Aug 2011
211 Posts
I got it from Micro R/C Zone just down the street from my house.
Primate is offline Find More Posts by Primate
Old Sep 24, 2011, 08:48 PM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Not rewire, just need the same size battery connector. They are easily found, what I ended up doing is soldering a bunch of 1s together in pairs, but you can also get a Y harness from Horizon that will allow you to simply plug in 2 1s cells from your other micros.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf