SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:15 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,309 Posts
I bought the DX7 a few years back myself, mainly based on Horizon's BNF program. Theres so many choices in aircraft(fixed-wing or rotary) that it just made sense.

If theres anything in the near future that's advanced, I would say go with the DX8 or better.. but for the BNF stuff, my experience is the DX7 has everything these aircraft can handle... I do own 4-5 other BNF planes, and each one, just like my 120SR has been a real treat.. with no problems whatsoever...

The 8channel at about $400 bills I'm thinking iis alot, and one could literally buy a used DX7 AND a new nice heli for that same money. Theres alot of 7's on the market right now.. and for good reason.. the 8 and 18 are very very nice I do believe.. but my take is best bang for the buck with the BNF's is DX7.. or DX7i..

One thing for sure.. the 120SR really rocks... with a DX7 its solid I think. Have a nice evening.

PS.. I also own Futaba equipment, and have about 35yrs fixed-wing.. so there's a little experience anyways.. I'm just really liking BNF stuff lately.. its so simple fun.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:22 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Well, it figures... Just after I break my doggone tx while fixing a 3-yr-old Blade CX3, and before I even get it fixed, they come out with a CX4. But, man, what a price: $230 buckaroos! See it here. I'm amazed that they took on a semi-SAB Goblin look to the fuselage. If they would put that much effort into making the SR 120 with the same improvements, they would find that people would like flying a lot more IMHO.
Saxguy1000 is offline Find More Posts by Saxguy1000
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:28 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,569 Posts
Yeah, Valiant posted it over in the mcx2 thread. I don't like the design at all... fuse or skids. The CX2 still looks way better to me. Maybe those parts can be swapped
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:34 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
I definitely would not buy it at that price. You could get the 120 and a whole lot of back up parts and spare batteries for the same.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000 View Post
Well, it figures... Just after I break my doggone tx while fixing a 3-yr-old Blade CX3, and before I even get it fixed, they come out with a CX4. But, man, what a price: $230 buckaroos! See it here. I'm amazed that they took on a semi-SAB Goblin look to the fuselage. If they would put that much effort into making the SR 120 with the same improvements, they would find that people would like flying a lot more IMHO.
I am going to claim here what I also claimed in the "other" thread. Apart from the fuse this is a heli I bought under a different name 2yrs ago for 50$ less (and that DID include a 60$ Flycam One) ... so the CX4 does not look the least bit impressive to me. But I like that the spare parts for my 2yrs old discontinued heli will NOW be BACK IN STOCK
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:42 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
The CX4 is very over-priced in my opinion. If you watched the video HH, you blood won't be boiling. Sure it has all the basic quality of a coaxial. But if that's all it could do in a large indoor space, it won't have a fighting chance outdoor. Pass.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:05 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The CX4 is very over-priced in my opinion. If you watched the video HH, you blood won't be boiling. Sure it has all the basic quality of a coaxial. But if that's all it could do in a large indoor space, it won't have a fighting chance outdoor. Pass.
Isn't it the same as the CX2?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:24 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post

[QUOTE=valiantGLX;23983274]

3s lipo
rubbervcoated blades
new body
pre installed navi lights

there's probably more but I'm not really familiar with either model.
North_of_49 is offline Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:16 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
it is practically like a Esky Big Lama - significantly larger than the CX2. But which ever way you look at it, the bird is actually really too expensive ... waaaaay too! (same heli cost 50$ less (with camera) 2 years ago)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:47 AM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
WOW, That is $70 more then I paid for my DX6i., and only $100 less then my Trex 450. Crazy! . I would not pay that if I was rich. WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I agree. The stock RTF Tx, M4LPDSM, left a lot to be desired. But why am I always against the flow of traffic? I thought the Spektrums are really over-priced, so I found that other solutions are better! Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the DX6i, 7 or 8 are bad radios. They are good radios, but very expensive. And they are exclusive to DSM2/X - nothing else.

Walkera sure is not perfect. But they are also innovative. IMHO, some of their models best Blade's. And their radios, I think, are nicer than the Spektrums. I am interested in a getting a Devo 8s or a Devo 7e, flashing it with DeviationX firmware, and perhaps add a Flysky module to fly everything on the planet. I don't think even the $1200 DX18 could come close to doing that. Am I alone in this?

So, what Walkera model/Tx did you toss into the trash?
I'm not sure the Walkera stuff can do DSM (edit, looks like they can!)? If it accepts the JR style modules, then maybe it can. Also as I mentioned a few threads back, the Turnigy 9x/9xr are also good options if you are not afraid of opening them up and doing a little reflashing to er9x or open9x.
bbrackeen is offline Find More Posts by bbrackeen
Last edited by bbrackeen; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:40 AM
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Jan 2013
451 Posts
It seems like if there are such common problems with motors somebody would make better replacements. I would happily pay more for a good motor that is going to last. I just ordered two tail rotor motors for my new Blade 120 SR because it is sitting on the bench with a dead one after maybe 20 flights. Nice helo but without the tail staying put it is pretty much worthless.
thintz is offline Find More Posts by thintz
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:05 PM
Rockin' & Flyin'
Virginia Beach
Joined Dec 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit View Post
WOW, That is $70 more then I paid for my DX6i., and only $100 less then my Trex 450. Crazy! . I would not pay that if I was rich. WS
Horizon Hobby... DUDES! Look at this truth!

A CX4 for ..."only $100 less then my Trex 450". Who the are you competing with???

Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:35 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,787 Posts
Quote:
I definitely would not buy it at that price. You could get the 120 and a whole lot of back up parts and spare batteries for the same.
Or, almost a DX7!

Way over priced, I wouldn't even consider buying one. What in world were they thinking? Do they ever do any market studies to see what might sell? LOL

This one must geared towards the newbies, that don't know any better!
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
Wind you go around in circles
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Jan 2012
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
Or, almost a DX7!

Way over priced, I wouldn't even consider buying one. What in world were they thinking? Do they ever do any market studies to see what might sell? LOL

This one must geared towards the newbies, that don't know any better!
A BIG +1 on that! I got my Trex 450 Sport V2 Super Combo for $329 and now you can get it for $340 or $350, and some want $429.00, but they must be smoking some strong stuff asking that price! NEWBIES BEWARE! WS
Wind Spirit is offline Find More Posts by Wind Spirit