Fix those for under $1 and your set
lightspeeddud is offline Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:44 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
Okay and a new motor like the P51 correct?

How did you paint yours? Looks good btw
Z

[/B]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
old one had problems of COG and prop.

Fix those for under $1 and your set
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:28 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
I would just a old sukhoi for $65 bucks and change the prop and change the COG and you're all set! Motor, and ar6400L arent needed unless you like extreme control!
my original sukhoi rolls almost as fast with the AR6400. The AR6400L does give the new sukhoi a little more throw though, which can come in handy for extreme stunts. The old sukhoi is a good deal for $65, but plan on at least $10 for a new motor, then approx $6 for new prop + adapter. Then add in shipping for your new motor and prop - $10, and your up to $91... Mine as well just get the new sukhoi and have it ready to go out of the box! It is amazing!
earthling1984 is offline Find More Posts by earthling1984
Old Jun 13, 2010, 07:57 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
I agree earthling

I'll get one later this summer probably.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 07:59 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
A gws 5043 prop is like $3 bucks at LHS and a prop adapter is like $1. Actually my prop adapters come like 5 in a package for $1 to be exact.

Shipping no problem... go to LHS!

Come even the ar6400L in my sukhoi gives it toooo much throw! We all use expo so the Ar6400L is nice to have but not needed.

The stock motor in the sukhoi is good enough....but its not needed once again. Its nice to have a p51 motor as a second motor after the stock motor burns out. All motors will burn out, so will the xp's motor too, hence you will NEED to buy a motor regardless after 50+ flights or so.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:04 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
We all use expo so the Ar6400L is nice to have but not needed.
I've actually never used expo. I like to have complete control and I like the control surfaces to move 100% proportional to how I move the sticks. But I agree, expo should be used, especially by beginner pilots or beginners to such a responsive plane.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:16 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
you dont have the option for expo or you've never tried it before?

because trust me, Im no beginner pilot. I've been through much with these micros and large scale electrics.

expo helps with everything from snap rolls to knife edges
Old Jun 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2009
314 Posts
Quote:
you dont have the option for expo or you've never tried it before?

because trust me, Im no beginner pilot. I've been through much with these micros and large scale electrics.

expo helps with everything from snap rolls to knife edges
I have a DX6i and a DX7SE, yes I have the option for it. I have no problems with snap rolls or knife edges.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:14 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
hey dud this is the Sukhoi "XP" thread we are not interested in what you did to your old Sukhoi, theres already a thread for you to talk about that plane in and we have all heard it before

so please go back to the "Old" Sukhoi thread and dribble your rubbish there, leave this thread "dud Free" for those of us that have bought the "New" Sukhoi "XP" and want to talk about it

that is unless, you can offer some useful info about the "NEW Sukhoi XP"

do you even own one? did i read you don't? strange to rubbish something you don't even own
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:56 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,933 Posts
well let just say we're comparing the old sukhoi to the new sukhoi:

and I dont own one but I talked to the developer who built it so I know all the tech specs on it
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:19 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
hey guys, I am having a brain fart - is it negative or positive expo that will make a plane less twitchy?
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:27 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I do like the looks of new one better, plus I read all the BS of old one and it's flaws, but for the price it ain't bad.

Then again the new Suk is 100 which is great as well!
$100 is a great deal when you consider the rx-brick is $60, and the aileron servo is $20... thats $80 in components if you bought those seperately.. so its like you get the plane/motor/gearbox for $20.. thats marketing though..

I think its a fun plane.. and it looks great sitting static on my entertainment center.. I'll have to try it indoors though.. I think it'll really shine there.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:47 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
hey guys, I am having a brain fart - is it negative or positive expo that will make a plane less twitchy?
positive
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 13, 2010, 10:53 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,313 Posts
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
positive
Old Jun 14, 2010, 01:59 AM
Joined Jul 2008
25 Posts
I picked up a SU-26XP yesterday from Hobby Lobby. I think they got them either thursday or friday and by saturday I got the last one they had. Today I put two flights on it, the 2nd one for two local police officers that showed up at our field and wanted to see a demo flight. They were very impressed! Anyway my only other "micro" is a Mustang, my other RC planes are a 25 year old (!) Sky Tiger Jr. with a Picco 20, tuned pipe and semi sym wing, plus a .010 Cox powered 75% Buttercup (w/flat bottom wing). That said the XP is a blast! I set the dual rates and exponential settings like they showed in the manual and wow, what a smooth flyer. I actually found it less squirely then the Mustang, as the Mustang just fights you a bit when inverted. It would truly take some talent to roll that one perfectly. To me compared to the Mustang the XP flew much more like a larger model than it is. I like the color scheme, and compared to the micro Mustang I found it easier to see as the evening calm came up. I prefer to fly right in the last couple hours of daylight as the winds tend to be calmer, and with less sun glare, but it still makes seeing things a little trickier. I never flew the original white Sukhoi but I would think the new color scheme will be easier to see. Overall I think the XP will truly help to further my aerobatic skills and get me prepared for the PZ Extra 300 when that comes out....ooops, I just bought a new plane. Darn, these things are addictive
GKinTN is offline Find More Posts by GKinTN
Last edited by GKinTN; Jun 14, 2010 at 02:09 AM.