Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 01, 2005, 09:23 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Sep 2001
5,350 Posts
China is coming with nice Electric planes

I just saw today one of their products, few of my friends bought today their
fun world EP. The kit quality looked AMAZING and so light. Anyone has experience with them ?

http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/product.php

I have to say the price was VERY LOW for Israel. Like $125 US. So I assume it would be even much cheaper in other countries.

Good to see new products
Patrick Plawner is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Plawner
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2005, 10:08 AM
KLH
Pack Rat
Hayward CA / Valley Springs CA USA
Joined Jan 2001
1,778 Posts
Patrick
They've been around for awhile now. I've been flying one of their planes (Happy Fly)for a couple of years now. I converted it to elec with an AXI and it has held up very well. One of their USA distribution centers is just about a mile from one of the club fields that I fly at in Livermore CA.
Lots of the members from that club fly the World Model planes and are very pleased with the quality and the price.

Kern
KLH is offline Find More Posts by KLH
Old Apr 01, 2005, 10:24 AM
United States, CA, Burlingame
Joined Sep 2001
5,350 Posts
I was thinking they had a large selection and just wondered how come I did not see some earlier

So I am late. At least, they are VERY new to the Israeli market

Are they sold by big distributors in the US ?
Patrick Plawner is offline Find More Posts by Patrick Plawner
Old Apr 01, 2005, 10:41 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined Jan 2005
258 Posts
I looked at the Rambler electric a few weeks ago in Steve Webb models ... around £50 and it was nice .. very light and very strong and VERY well made compared to some of the junk I have seen.
raymcm is offline Find More Posts by raymcm
Old Apr 01, 2005, 10:52 AM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2002
2,332 Posts
Hey now,
I've got to hand it to World Models. So far every one of their arfs has been very nice. I have a "Happyfly", my second model after coming back to the hobby. I flew it with an O.S. .25fp, then with an Astro 15g on ten cells and later with a Phasor 30-3, as cabin jobs go it has been a fine preformer.
I also recently bought a "Zen 30". I'm using the Phasor 30-3 on 3s2p lipos (4200) and it's, well it's a wow experience. Thing flys like my little GWS Formosa only better in the breeze, if you wanted a midsize pattern model this one is great. I often see their Mustangs with Hacker motors in them, those fly very well too. Very light and strong for arfs designed for slimers, they make great E-conversions.
Oh, the little "Rambler" flies nice too...
RobII
elfwreck is offline Find More Posts by elfwreck
Old Apr 01, 2005, 10:56 AM
Eventually...I will fly
Israel
Joined Oct 2004
884 Posts
Patrick
World models, has been around in IL for a while. but as ususal mostly slimers.
you can get them from Guy in "Shalat Rhaock" in hertzlia.

They are highly appriciated here for their good quality and documantation. when i was looking to get into R/C i got lot's of recomandation for them. more expensive then avarege.

Eran
eran_k is offline Find More Posts by eran_k
Old Apr 01, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,720 Posts
I've seen several of their kits at our club field, and I'm working on the 1/4 scale clipped wing Cub for electric. I'm very impressed with the quality. My Cub is just about perfectly constructed and certainly better than I could do myself.
Dave chewning Sr.
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee