HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 26, 2014, 09:44 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
Discussion
dsm2 rx bound to 2 tx's? is it possible?

I'm helping my buddy build a multirotor of his own but he still needs to buddybox with me for the time being. I am using lemonrx's and I use my radio as the master and his as the slave, but we still need another model memory on his tx so he can fly on his own some which means I need the same dsm2 lemonrx to work with two separate radios so we don't have to rebind everytime we go from buddyboxing to him flying on his own with his tx. His quad will only have a satellite rx on it anyway which makes rebinding a more involved process.

Is it possible? I tried copying the model from one radio to the other but that doesn't seem to work, once the working model file is on the other radio it will no longer bind.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:32 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,439 Posts
If you could bind to two transmitters at once, you would be defeating one of the advantages of 2.4GHz binding

Imagine you're binding your receiver at the field, while others are flying, or perhaps trimming their models in the pits; how will you know which of the active transmitters it's bound to if it can bind to more than one at a time?
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:07 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,274 Posts
Why not do it the easy way....use HIS as the master and yours as the slave .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:13 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
His quad will only have a satellite rx on it anyway which makes rebinding a more involved process.
can someone explain this? i have an AR6210 and the binding process is the same as all my other receivers. so how is this a more involved process?
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Mar 27, 2014, 02:12 PM
We want... Information!
Hastings, New Zealand
Joined Jan 2001
5,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
can someone explain this? i have an AR6210 and the binding process is the same as all my other receivers. so how is this a more involved process?
Satellite rx's are bound from the device that they are connected to. Your AR6210 is designed to bind its satellite using the normal Spektrum method, but the binding process for a multirotor controller may be more complicated.
Bruce Abbott is offline Find More Posts by Bruce Abbott
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:09 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,240 Posts
thanks. i googled and found this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073707

man, i'm so glad i fly planes.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:37 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
Quote:
multiwii is supposed to have a way to bind a satellite but it doesn't seem to work for most people, me included, so I would have to get out a 8 channel lemonrx and connect the sat to that and then bind to the other radio and since I am hard wiring the sat onto the fc to cut down on weight since it's a micro quad...that would be more involved than just pulling a few plugs.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:39 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
Why not do it the easy way....use HIS as the master and yours as the slave .

Steve
I guess that's what I'll have to do, His is an smaller radio than mine though which I don't care to fly with...... his is the devo7e and mine is a devo8s both running deviation firmware.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 03:42 PM
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,129 Posts
Quote:
thanks. i googled and found this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2073707

man, i'm so glad i fly planes.
you should try an overpowered micro quad, they're a blast and you can fly them in any small backyard.