HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:34 PM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
Question
LED's

So my son wants to put LED navigation lights on his new Dynam SR22 trainer. I've been researching alot with mixed emotions. I've been eyeing the light kit on headsuprc.com. They talk about BEC's, UBEC's and this is all Greek to me. Can anyone help me? I'm not ordering until I know for sure that this is a good idea or not and exactly how to install them. Thank you in advance.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 12:57 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
A bec or ubec is a voltage regulator your esc in your plane has one. I use them in my nitro planes so I can run a lipo to power my receiver and servos. As far as installation of the lights I'm not sure on a foam plane since I've only installed lights on a helicopter and a balsa plane so I was able to run my wires thru a small hole in the ribs of my wing.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Mar 2010
119 Posts
Here is a flite test video on lights.

Flite Test - Installing LEDs - FLITE TIP (6 min 42 sec)

I like the LED strip personaly. They can be powered off one 3s battery directly. You can cut them down to 3 led sections.
TioDave is offline Find More Posts by TioDave
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,484 Posts
The LED lights at Hobby King are great, 1 Meter strips with self adhesive backing. Simply hook directly to a 3s battery. They have a deans connector with a JST connector already wired in, or there is also a multiple JST connector that plugs to the balance plug of a lipo.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8941
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18870
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ad_4_JST_.html
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
The LED lights from hobby king are great and so are the ones from HobbyPartz however the ones from HP are a little narrower strips so it makes them a little harder to solder. The plus side to the HP ones are that they come with a make and female connector.
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay