HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:10 AM
Joined Jul 2011
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
YS-X6 Multi-Rotor Autopilot
Has anyone tried this flight controller??
I have three DJI M with gps and four Naza with GPS so I really did not want to change manufactures. But, I was having trouble with the S800, like so many others.
So I thought I would try a new controller. Comes with a little more options then the DJI like waypoints ,WiFi, works with your I-phone, I-pad, etc. Make a long story short. It works better then I could have ever dream it would. You can fly it without a TX, takes off automatically plus lands RTH. Just give it way point and watch....It does far more then I know how to program it. My concern-will they be in it for the long haul and at the present, just not enough info about this controller on the net.But I think it's only been out less then 6 months. My first DJI-M is like 18 months old.
This hobby is starting to get real expensive with no re-sale valve. Like buying a new car and selling it in two years.
DJI is going to release iOS groundstation and assistant software soon. Do you have interest in beta test as a friend user?
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:50 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
DJI is going to release iOS groundstation and assistant software soon. Do you have interest in beta test as a friend user?
Yes please!
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:03 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
I would be interested in testing the assistant software.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:11 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
http://www.dji-innovations.com/dji-z...bal-for-gopro/
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:16 AM
DODOLAND
Joined Feb 2009
151 Posts
Hi everyone,

Subscribing to this site.Just started to build my s800,zen,5.8 dji video link and Gh2 cam.Thanks for all your valuable inputs guys on this site,it has helped me a lot for my set-up.I have a few questions and hope you can help me to sort things right.

First ,I'm having an issue with the live video out from the zenmuse,the image is flipping over and over ,it is also black and white.Should I changed the HDMI board to a V2,all the board that i've seen so far is for sony nex and not for the GH2,is it the same?.can you point me to a dealer that has the V2 board for the GH2.

Secondly how do you start stop the video recording of the gh2 from the radio.I can only activate the shutter for photo but not video.

Thanks for your time.

Anthony.
flight01 is offline Find More Posts by flight01
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:19 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
S800 Altitude hold problems

O.K I am all out of ideas now.. When in moving flight the machine twitches and pulses and climbs without input around 20 meters throttle stick has little effect unless moved a great deal sometimes until motors shut down! and sometimes when bringing it back down slowly the throttle stick has little effect and has to be put at 3/4 to bring it back into hover.. Have changed all electronics including transmitter and receiver, checked all connections, changed all cables, resoldered every joint to be sure checked resistance through every joint, moved IMU to different positions altered all gains and settings to extremes including mounting positions. And still I have this problem! Anyone know of a solution.. I am at my wits end
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:31 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
O.K I am all out of ideas now.. When in moving flight the machine twitches and pulses and climbs without input around 20 meters throttle stick has little effect unless moved a great deal sometimes until motors shut down! and sometimes when bringing it back down slowly the throttle stick has little effect and has to be put at 3/4 to bring it back into hover.. Have changed all electronics including transmitter and receiver, checked all connections, changed all cables, resoldered every joint to be sure checked resistance through every joint, moved IMU to different positions altered all gains and settings to extremes including mounting positions. And still I have this problem! Anyone know of a solution.. I am at my wits end
There was a local flyer here with the exact same problem.

Luickily it was purchased at the local Hobby shop and they replaced the controller unit and all seems good now.

I think solder joints was also a problem
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:36 AM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight01 View Post
Hi everyone,

Subscribing to this site.Just started to build my s800,zen,5.8 dji video link and Gh2 cam.Thanks for all your valuable inputs guys on this site,it has helped me a lot for my set-up.I have a few questions and hope you can help me to sort things right.

First ,I'm having an issue with the live video out from the zenmuse,the image is flipping over and over ,it is also black and white.Should I changed the HDMI board to a V2,all the board that i've seen so far is for sony nex and not for the GH2,is it the same?.can you point me to a dealer that has the V2 board for the GH2.

Secondly how do you start stop the video recording of the gh2 from the radio.I can only activate the shutter for photo but not video.

Thanks for your time.

Anthony.
1. Make sure output is 60i/50i on the HDMI out from camera.

2. Have you tried all the channels on RX/TX, some channels work better for me. There can be interference.

3. Hook the Camera to a monitor directly using HDMI a known good HDMI cable, to make sure camera is working OK. HDMI cables are very fickle, as are the connectors in the camera.

If you can't get it to work get a replacement from your DJI dealer, my guess is that the cable is bad if it works OK on a monitor but not on TX/RX.

I have the Nex version so I can't help with the specific s/s problem, other than make sure your TX/RX works correctly in the assistant SW, and that the trigger mode is set to remote in the camera, this is what you have to do on the Sonys test with the Pany remote to make sure the trigger works. I don't know how the Pany works, maybe you have to enable remote video separate from still...
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav
Last edited by westsideav; Feb 22, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:38 AM
Colombia, Bogota
Joined Nov 2010
50 Posts
reinforcing the arms

Name: IMG_0729.jpg
Views: 153
Size: 54.7 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0736.jpg
Views: 171
Size: 138.8 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0733.jpg
Views: 164
Size: 30.9 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0734.jpg
Views: 155
Size: 39.4 KB
Description:

Name: IMG_0735.jpg
Views: 148
Size: 46.8 KB
Description:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
I got my self a spare arm from RCTimer to practise on.
I used carbon fiber cloth cut it to the approximate size
Then I sparyed contact cement onone side.
This way the strands wont come apart.
I wrapped it around the arm starting on the bottom side and then trimmed it to make a good joint.
The CF stauck on the arm and that gave me a chance to align it and press down the ends.
I used an epoxy resin from Mia epoxy.

Used a brush then a foam brush for the finish.
When ste after 24hrs.
I sanded it with a 400 then 600 gritt.

Then one more coat of epoxy resin for the shine.
It turned out pretty good.
Now I might do the original arms.

Cheers
This is my way of reinforcing the arms, I use strips of 2mm carbon fiber, which hit on both sides with epoxy. I'll post a video where you see the reduction of the torque to almost nothing.
You'll cover the arms with the carbon fiber sleeve, as have others ..
cofhal is offline Find More Posts by cofhal
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:43 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilot23 View Post
There was a local flyer here with the exact same problem.

Luickily it was purchased at the local Hobby shop and they replaced the controller unit and all seems good now.

I think solder joints was also a problem
I have had the controller unit once and the IMU 4 times without any result. I have another controller unit here, which I will change over today, just as an experiment first though I am isolating this one from vibration.. I am not expecting a change but not all electronics like vibration so its worth a shot before taking the frame apart again for what must be around the 14th time.
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Mar 2007
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
I have had the controller unit once and the IMU 4 times without any result. I have another controller unit here, which I will change over today, just as an experiment first though I am isolating this one from vibration.. I am not expecting a change but not all electronics like vibration so its worth a shot before taking the frame apart again for what must be around the 14th time.
Aviator, It HAS to be the IMU, otherwise my problem which was exactly what you describe, would not have been solved by swapping the IMU for a new one.
It seems like a common problem lately, maybe you have tried 4 faulty IMU? have you upgraded to new FW?
Craneman is offline Find More Posts by Craneman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:11 AM
Colombia, Bogota
Joined Nov 2010
50 Posts
Video
Reinforsed arms (0 min 43 sec)

This is my way of reinforcing the arms, I use strips of 2mm carbon fiber, which hit on both sides with epoxy. I'll post a video where you see the reduction of the torque to almost nothing.
You'll cover the arms with the carbon fiber sleeve, as have others ..[/QUOTE]
cofhal is offline Find More Posts by cofhal
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:17 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Z axis issues (vertical drops) has to do with vibrations getting to the IMU.

The "sandwich" method for mounting the IMU I think is the best method. Its the same technique we used on tail gyros for helis back in the day.

Double sided foam - Hard solid plate - double sided tape - IMU.

I would try this mounting method and I bet most white flashes and Z axis issues disappear. If they do not then I would request to have the IMU sent in for a replacement because the internal vibration dampening is not doing its job.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Mar 2007
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post

The "sandwich" method for mounting the IMU I think is the best method. Its the same technique we used on tail gyros for helis back in the day.

I would try this mounting method and I bet most white flashes and Z axis issues disappear. If they do not then I would request to have the IMU sent in for a replacement because the internal vibration dampening is not doing its job.
Yes Robert, probably not faulty but some IMUs may be more susceptible to vibration than others, and may be why some IMUs work ok only on a specific machine.

By the way, the IMU will be shipped back to you on monday
Craneman is offline Find More Posts by Craneman
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:59 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post

Hello

I would like to know
Can you explain or take picture of sandwich method ?

Thanks
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet