Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:56 AM
Joined Dec 2011
617 Posts
CFX arrived and tested - suitably impressed, but so was I with the 300x until the motor problems started. Recent experiences with the motor in the CFX - any issues and need to disassemble and loctite bearings? If you want to upgrade motor, the new frame has no vertical space for longer motors (like the Lynx) - motor is now inverted from the 300x and a longer motor will touch the base plate. The MH frames work well but I find them noisy - somehow the carbon frames amplify the noise... it is not a clean sound, but I have learnt to live with it and it does not affect my flying
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:28 AM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
937 Posts
Helical gears our in our "Horizon"

the new 450 comes out with helical gears that we can use on the 300, it will be quieter soon

and Congrats on the purchase! the stock canopy rubs against the frame so if you like the stock canopy put some tape where the frame rubs.
Helldiver is online now Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 21, 2014, 01:23 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Reaper_83 View Post
Yeah, I'm with you there. I hate when people try to touch, I've had a few come up and say they fly heli's and ask to fly mine, when I ask what experience they've got they describe small toy coaxial's. And they don't believe me when I tell them my gear I fly ain't a toy and could kill them. I've actually had one person laugh and say "whatever". I tell what though, he shut up very quickly once I spooled up the Goblin and proceeded to whip it around. Anyway back to the 300X, I nearly bit the dirt..... again while cutting the grass with it, for some reason I always Zig when I should Zag.
I usually tell them, just come back here with five, yeah five, hundred dollar bills, and I'll hold that as collateral, then you can fly it all you want, but any damage I'm taking the whole five hundred bucks. It really irritates me when people touch my stuff. I will admit being a little prissy about it too. I do some work to keep my stuff in good shape and when I see others who don't do that, I assume they will probably have the same kind of apathy about my stuff, and mess it up. The comment about marks in the foam and the guy not really caring really hit home for me. For some of us, that stuff matters!
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:08 PM
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,196 Posts
Sure matters to me!!!! I don't touch anyones stuff. Don't want to be accused of anything just because someone saw me handle it, but not the person before me who caused a problem. It's just respect.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:41 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,724 Posts
I don't mind other RC pilots touching my planes cause they should know about how to hold them, some balsa planes you can just grab it like you would a 2x4. a friend of mine neighbor squeezed his plane like a 2x4 and crushed the balsa... that is why you should only look.. Flew with a new guy couple weekends ago, I asked how heavy is that one, he said pick it up.. I said by the main grips? he said yeah, So i did. but i like to ask cause some freak out. i always carry all my helicopters by the main grips this was a Goblin 770. man its got some weight to it even before the battery was put in it.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jul 25, 2014, 04:55 PM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,724 Posts
WOW this thread is dead, well After I kept having issues with mine i ended up switching out the corona servos and put in some Hitec 5065's they were 11.7 grams lighter then the Conrona so lost a lil weight and better servos sad thing is now I could done got a 500 sized heli for what I have in this one... So much for a cheap smaller helicopter.
epoweredrc is offline Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:32 PM
my Head is Spinning!!!
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
937 Posts
I guess were just enjoying our 300s....its the same at the 450 thread lol.

...im so paranoid about tail belt tension....grrrr.

Ill get some Revo blades for the CFX so I can use the stock CF blades on the 300x.....i guess ill sell my remaining 130x and just fly 300s

...CFX might get the MicroHeli DFC grips but I just haven't been able to justify...lol
Helldiver is online now Find More Posts by Helldiver
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,697 Posts
I went to a 550 and never looked back. It's only bigger from here.

I found all the little issues went away once I went bigger than a 300/450
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Today, 03:32 PM
United States, IL, Washington
Joined Jan 2012
199 Posts
I have a AR7200BX off of a brand new 300 CFX that I replaced with a SK-720. Will sell for a good price. Have never done this on RC Groups, what do I need to do? I have a PayPal account.
Old guy1 is offline Find More Posts by Old guy1
Old Today, 08:08 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old guy1 View Post
I have a AR7200BX off of a brand new 300 CFX that I replaced with a SK-720. Will sell for a good price. Have never done this on RC Groups, what do I need to do? I have a PayPal account.
Just post an add in the electric heli classified section.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69