HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 08, 2011, 09:46 PM
in memory of dez RIP
rcphreak's Avatar
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
Cool
smallest micro guness world record

World's smallest RC 4x4 Vehicle / Guinness Worlds Records (1 min 27 sec)
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 10:13 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
SporadicIdiocy's Avatar
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
454 Posts
In the words of Will Smith...

I feel like I'm gonna break this thing!
SporadicIdiocy is offline Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2011, 11:41 PM
Agressive driver
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2011
1,202 Posts
Man that is cool. Do you know how he made them?
zanek is offline Find More Posts by zanek
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2011, 09:59 AM
in memory of dez RIP
rcphreak's Avatar
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
not yet but i do know this is not the only one .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:45 PM
Registered User
Joliet IL
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
That's not the smallest, at least not anymore. I saw a video of a 1:87 4x4 Volkswagen Touareg. I'll see if I can find it.
onequiknova is offline Find More Posts by onequiknova
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:47 PM
Registered User
Joliet IL
Joined Sep 2010
104 Posts
Never mind, looks like it's only two wheel drive.

Here it is

VW Touareg RC 1/87 (9 min 10 sec)
onequiknova is offline Find More Posts by onequiknova
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
derk's Avatar
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,448 Posts
this is whats known as table top truck trials, its a branch off from model trains, hence why its all in HO scale. it really started when someone decided he wanted cars that would drive around his little train set, so he designed the Fhaller car system (or something similar at an earlier date)
these used magnets to steer the vehicle and a battery pack to drive them around the town in the train set. from there people inevitably used these parts to make micro rc vehicles. most at the time were large military or emergency rigs, but as time progressed, they got smaller and smaller. smallest to date that i am aware of is the volvo at 1:160th scale
Mikromodell 1:160 PKW remote control (0 min 35 sec)

but by now, this may have been beaten.
so as they have progressed, this basically became a niche somewhere between rock crawling, and model trains.
some day i will buy one of Andreas Rackels kits and build one for myself, but its not cheap.
most chaps are building it all by hand like in the video above of Andreas Rackel
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2011, 01:49 PM
Registered User
pilatus mike's Avatar
London, England
Joined Apr 2007
203 Posts
Those are so impressive, really nice the way the suspension works. You mentioned Andreas Rackel kits, do you have a link to the available kits? Thanks
pilatus mike is offline Find More Posts by pilatus mike
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:24 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
derk's Avatar
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,448 Posts
they are not cheap, not easy to build as they are soo small, and the instructions are all in german. however they are well documented, so may not be that difficult to understand.
i am sure i will order from him one of these days http://www.mzr-online.com/
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:06 PM
I'm BIG on micros
R.M. of Peel, ON
Joined Mar 2011
511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onequiknova View Post
Never mind, looks like it's only two wheel drive.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUMZq4Sgo_0
I want one of those! it would be a blast to drive indoors in the Canadian Winter
JSS4 is offline Find More Posts by JSS4
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
they are not cheap, not easy to build as they are soo small, and the instructions are all in german. however they are well documented, so may not be that difficult to understand.
i am sure i will order from him one of these days http://www.mzr-online.com/
This is an old thread, but I thought I would mention here that Plantraco has produced a new iPhone controlled micro r/c car. It's call the ZenWheels Micro Car, and they are in some ways similar to TTTT table top truck trials vehicles. Not quite 1/87 scale, but they do have a nice servo based rack and pinion steering and a nice smooth throttle for tight maneuvering.

They are 2 wheel drive and a lot of fun to drive on the desktop. There are a few cool features as well such as functional signal lights and even a timing gate system that keeps track of autocross laps!

Check them out at http://www.zenwheels.com or http://www.microflight.com

Videos here:

http://zenwheels.com/video.html
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Plantraco; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:10 PM
in memory of dez RIP
rcphreak's Avatar
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:32 AM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .
Yeah, of course it would be great to have super crazy speed available. But you can go fast enough to get yourself in trouble in a heartbeat when you are driving on a kitchen table, so in practice, this car is plenty fast.

The proof would be to have a race with the built-in timing system, and I'll give you a car with a lower reduction propulsion gearbox, and I'll drive the stock ZenWheels car. You will be way off course, but I will be driving the course with precision and will win the time trial race.

Sometimes you gotta slow down to go faster Choosing your line around the cones is critical when you know the limits of your ride. You can vicariously learn proper autocross driving technique by driving the ZenWheels iPhone Controlled Micro Car.

I was actually going to write an article about how to drive faster in Autocross events ( it's another hobby of mine ), and was going to make a sales pitch to sell Autocross enthusiasts our new ZenWheels Micro car.

Patience Patience, is what my solo pro instructors always told me through the long constant radius turns. Feel the rubber on the pavement, feel the seat, smooth on the wheel, smooth on the throttle. When a guy in a 1976 Corolla beats the Porsche 911, you know it's the driver!

This is what you can learn by checking out the ZenWheels Micro Car from Plantraco

Here is a bit of haphazard driving:

http://zenwheels.com/video.html
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 AM
Plantraco's Avatar
Saskatoon, Canada
Joined Jan 2003
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcphreak View Post
verry cool love the steering wish it was a bit quicker though .
Also I was gonna say - did you get one? I want some guys from here to buy the car and start looking at modifications.

There is a safety slip clutch mechanism to protect the gearbox from small children who always like to force push the car along the ground. It's an instinct that every 3 year old has when he picks up a small car - you wanna roll it along the ground! haha. So we put this crown gear slip clutch thing with a spring to hold it tight, but you know, if you try rock climbing with the ZenWheels Micro Car, you are going to notice that the clutch starts to slip. The solution is fairly simple, and I might modify the plastics tooling to allow the end users to put a drop of CA and solidify the clutch as if it were one piece of plastic. Then you would get 2000% more torque - enough to do some rock climbing on a micro scale. Those Table Top Truck Trials of the last 10 years is probably what got me into this sport. Actually I was really stoked about Akura2 who showed me his cool TTTT at the LA hobby show several years back. We were showing off our micro model aircraft like the Carbon Butterfly, and he came by and showed me his awesome TTTT build. It was great to see. Well, that's what we manufactured now. I wanna share the joy with you, so I hope all you guys here will buy a few ZenWheels Micro cars and have some fun!
Plantraco is offline Find More Posts by Plantraco
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantraco View Post
Also I was gonna say - did you get one? I want some guys from here to buy the car and start looking at modifications.

There is a safety slip clutch mechanism to protect the gearbox from small children who always like to force push the car along the ground. It's an instinct that every 3 year old has when he picks up a small car - you wanna roll it along the ground! haha. So we put this crown gear slip clutch thing with a spring to hold it tight, but you know, if you try rock climbing with the ZenWheels Micro Car, you are going to notice that the clutch starts to slip. The solution is fairly simple, and I might modify the plastics tooling to allow the end users to put a drop of CA and solidify the clutch as if it were one piece of plastic. Then you would get 2000% more torque - enough to do some rock climbing on a micro scale. Those Table Top Truck Trials of the last 10 years is probably what got me into this sport. Actually I was really stoked about Akura2 who showed me his cool TTTT at the LA hobby show several years back. We were showing off our micro model aircraft like the Carbon Butterfly, and he came by and showed me his awesome TTTT build. It was great to see. Well, that's what we manufactured now. I wanna share the joy with you, so I hope all you guys here will buy a few ZenWheels Micro cars and have some fun!
Well if you wanted to send a sample over I'm sure I could cause some mayhem with it!
x5252x is offline Find More Posts by x5252x
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Walkera Genius CP-the smallest 3d flybarless heli in the world! @ oomodel oomodel.com Hot Online Deals 14 Apr 15, 2014 12:24 PM
Discussion New World Record @ 2011 Typhoon race in Taiwan Kenting under FAI F3F rule diabo Multi Task F3X 46 Nov 16, 2011 10:36 AM
Discussion World's smallest engine? PeteSchug Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 13 Nov 01, 2011 02:36 AM
Careful! World Smallest Lightest Indestructible 3D helicopter Genius CP "More Junk" Iceblade1A Micro Helis 91 Sep 25, 2011 11:38 AM
Discussion Guiness World Record> Worlds Smallest Motor Veteran Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 12 May 05, 2009 12:18 PM