The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi bella View Post
are there any flying fields in israel ?
Hi!
Yes there are. Both in club format, and "free". Looking for anything in particular?

Rene
Up&Away is offline Find More Posts by Up&Away
Old Jan 09, 2011, 04:12 PM
Joined Sep 2009
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away View Post
Hi!
Yes there are. Both in club format, and "free". Looking for anything in particular?

Rene
Well, I for one would be looking for 'free'. Is Ga'ash still 'open' in that respect?
klicker is offline Find More Posts by klicker
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:06 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,954 Posts
Unfortunately, no. But there are plenty of others. What do you fly, and what area are you looking to fly?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Sep 2009
13 Posts
I fly a electric stuff (park size) and gliders. Have one warbird for that tarmac would be nice to have.
Also looking for a good slope - the 'Hiria' landfill is tempting but the guard has turned me back once I tried - after he discovered the glider in my car :-(

So far I have found two nice spots with the help of Google Earth around Tel Aviv but meeting likely-minded is much nicer.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:06 PM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,954 Posts
With a western wind Bat Yam, Tel Baruh, and Arsuf are nice flying sites. For tarmac I fly in Netanya on the parkinglot of the "Winter pool" (Shlulit haHoref) early Friday mornings. But there are other fields with tarmac (or at least a paved runway) as well.

How's your Hebrew? There's an Israeli forum you can join (www.efly.co.il)
Old Jan 16, 2011, 04:08 AM
Joined Sep 2009
13 Posts
Thanks for the answer!

Bat Yam: I checked the site yesterday. Nice! Perhaps not as many people on the beach as on Tel Baruh to hit with a glider. It also seems to be easier to retrieve the plane should it fail to get on top of the slope again. Best: you can even get a coffee there once the restaurant on the beach is open ;-)

I also met a guy from Bat Yam yesterday in the new Yafo park (close to the marina) sloping. He is going to that park once southern winds prevails. Also not so crowded there (yet?).

Arsuf: Is that related to the 'commercial' (AFAIK) flying field over there?

My Hebrew is perhaps sufficient for the makolet - but I found the map of known flying sites on the links provided :-)
Old Jan 16, 2011, 08:05 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,954 Posts
I strongly advice you to join us on efly.co.il We often discuss Wed/Thursdays where we go. If you want to post, don't bother writing Hebrew if you're uncomfortable with it. Some of us read English as well () - and it'll be good practice as well for when you venture into a hobby shop instead of the makolet!

Where do you live?

Arsuf is a flying club, however the slope there is not connected to it. But you must put a note (with frequency/name/phone#/DATE)on their frequency board if you fly at the slope there.

Bat Yam is great for maidenflights and when you are learning because of the large stretch of beach. The lift however is not that great there because of the shallow slope, and it's not very high. Tel Baruh and Arsuf are higher and steeper, therefore offer much better lift. It's a trade off...
Old Jan 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Joined Sep 2009
13 Posts
I'm living in Givataim.

Thanks for your advise! Much appreciated!
Old May 21, 2011, 01:07 PM
Fon
USA
Joined Oct 2003
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up&Away View Post
Hi!

Rene
================================================== =======
Sir,
Probably you know where possible to buy RC parafoil or can offer website about it.
Thnks
Felix
Fon is offline Find More Posts by Fon
Old May 22, 2011, 12:36 AM
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fon View Post
================================================== =======
Sir,
Probably you know where possible to buy RC parafoil or can offer website about it.
Thnks
Felix
Try hobbyking.com