Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:18 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ir3 View Post
Hi Jan,

Once again, great work on the flood holes. It looks like I will be switching to Li-Po's whether I get a reply from Engel or not. They are the correct fit for the ESC's and the brushless motors. Yes, getting the ESC's and brushless motors from Engel is a bit expensive but I think well worth it. The ESC's are programmable which is a nice feature. To make the change, he supplies the motors and a new aluminum bulkhead which is a perfect match for the existing non brushless motor installation so the change was easy.

I am currently cleaning up another project and will be getting back to the VIIC very soon.

As usual, keep up the great work and keep the updates coming,

Iran
Hi Iran,

I only will purchase two ESC and I want to use the stock motors, I expect a battery running time from more than three hours and that will be enough for a hole day sealing because most of the time on a event I'm talking and looking my brains out
Running the sub in your one are not that eventful, in that case, flying a model Apache attack helicopter will do the job just nice (that's my other hobby)

Kind regards,

Jan,
Horseman is offline Find More Posts by Horseman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:32 PM
Western , Pennsylvania
Joined Feb 2009
376 Posts
Jan,
What are you using to grind out the holes under the conning tower?

Marc
crowman17 is offline Find More Posts by crowman17
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:45 PM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Marc,

I use a diamond file 1.5 mm thick and 4.8 mm width and also my wives nail file (don't tell here I have it)

But you can find them also by the better workshops.

Jan,
Old Mar 28, 2013, 06:06 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Hi Guys,

Here a little teaser

They are already old these photo's but it gives a good impression.

Here you see the flood holes still unattached under the conning tower.
It looks better now, but I did not make any photo's the past period.

Regards,

Jan,
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:23 PM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
289 Posts
TAES Shelf

Hi Jan,

Great work. I am in the process of cutting the flood holes. A lot of work as you pointed out.

I don't remember if you are going to install the TAES. It is a nice device in that you can set the hold depth via a switch on the transmitter and cancel it any time you wish using the same switch.

If you are going to install the TAES, the shelf is in the wrong place and with the TAES installed, the slot in the bulkhead for servo wires is blocked. I have a picture on my thread.

Just a heads up and keep the updates coming.

Iran
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3
Old May 15, 2013, 08:01 AM
Joined Nov 2012
39 Posts
Updates?
Skipjack585 is offline Find More Posts by Skipjack585
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:04 AM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Fantastic work Horseman. I love it!
spooksgone is offline Find More Posts by spooksgone
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:55 AM
The Netherlands, FR
Joined Aug 2008
618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooksgone View Post
Fantastic work Horseman. I love it!
Thanks,

At the moment there no movement at all in the submarines department but it will be continued some day,

Because its a great looking Sub what deserves to finish here.

Kind regards,

Jan,
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:10 AM
Wichita, Kansas
Joined Jan 2004
274 Posts
Very nice work, Jan!

Matt
ThorDesign is online now Find More Posts by ThorDesign
Old Sep 10, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
wiring

Hi chaps
Is there an easy to understand wiring diagram for this sub,i have inherited the model and dont have a good diagram.
cheers rick.
rick newman is offline Find More Posts by rick newman
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:56 AM
ir3
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2007
289 Posts
Engel Type VII Wiring Diagram

Hi Rick,

I am not sure what documentation you have but attached is the wiring diagram I have from my build. I hope it helps. You may be able to enlarge it somewhat but my camera does not have great resolution. I will be happy to send you a copy in the mail if this does not help.

IR3
ir3 is offline Find More Posts by ir3
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
Hi lr3
Thanks for that it will be a great help,this is my first attempt at building a sub and the first time i have built a remote control model [nothing like jumping in at the deep end]
Most off it is going together ok but find some parts need to be modified like in these posts which i find bad on a model this expensive.Ill keep ploding on and hopefully get it finished one day.
Rick.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3 Posts
wiring

Hi
I have built the rack and have run most off the wiring in,im a little unsure how to wire the motor controls in [i have 2] also have a magnetic switch which im not sure about.
Does the magnetic switch have its own battery or do you wire into the main battery.
The motor controls have 4 thick wires and a loom that i prosume goes to the receiver.
Were do i get the power from for the receiver.
any help would be great
Pictures would be good too.
Thank you for any help you give.
Regards Rick.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 03:38 AM
EUrope
Joined Apr 2008
723 Posts
For magetic swith you do not need battery It is conected between main battery and receiver. It is working as magnetic reley, you swithching circuit by magnet. Works excellent.You do not need open front hull section, to turn it on or off. Just moving magnedoutsie of the hull, where is installed magnetic switch. DO not install it in the middle of the hull, must be on one side
DDG 51 is offline Find More Posts by DDG 51
Old Oct 17, 2013, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2006
4 Posts
Hey Rick here are some pics of my magnetic switches. My submarine uses two, a 6 volt 16 amp from the main 6v lead acid battery to the dive system etc, and a 6 volt 2 amp from the 4.8 volt battery to the Rx.
stevesrc26 is offline Find More Posts by stevesrc26