Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:48 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Discussion
Question about Memory

This has probably been thrown about here before but " Hey why not go another round . JR,Futaba, Spectrum etc produce Computor Radio's with certain amount of model memories, whether its 4/6/10 etc etc. I think the Polks Traker has 99 memories as well. What I'm aluding to is with Memory Sticks, memory cards etc readily available has anybody here come up with a simple way of extending the model memories in our radio's. Not being Tech Savey ( biggest thing I have done is Hacked my JR radio to fit a 2.4 gig module ) not ground breaking stuff but Hey, I was happy with the results, I thought someone here ( their are a lot of very Bright people on this thread ) may have tried or possibly achieved extending the memory in their radio by using the Memory Sticks etc. Or the idea sounds good in theory but is not really achieveable. I dont know. Thats why I'm asking.

Some might say buy a radio with more model memory, you only fly 1 plane/Heli at a time, so put up with what you have. If money was not a concern I probably would but we are always looking for an alternative easy fix.

Any Ideas

B x
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2009, 05:13 PM
USA, OH, Troy
Joined Jan 2004
131 Posts
depending on what radio you have there are memory packs for Futaba radios such as the 9c and 9z and i believe a few others
bigdarylg is offline Find More Posts by bigdarylg
Old Feb 27, 2009, 05:28 PM
Joined Dec 2008
10 Posts
It'll come in time. Futaba's 12FG uses an SD card, the 12Z and 14MZ use a compact flash, I believe. I'm sure others will if they don't already. Extending current radios probably is more trouble than it's worth. The manufacturers will probably concentrate on the new models, there's more money there than modifying old ones.
jschwagl is offline Find More Posts by jschwagl
Old Feb 28, 2009, 03:05 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Thanks for the comments fella's. With all that has been going on in the radio world of late, 2.4g, being able to hack in modules into your old radio so you can fly relative glitch free etc using 2.4g modules. I thought someone may have addressed the memory or the lack of model memory in some cases for the radios already in use. As you said Js it might be more trouble than its worth. Only time will tell I suppose.

B x
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
How many planes do you fly with one transmitter?

I fly each plane with its own transmitter (old TX did not have any memory. lol)
This way, you never fly a plane with wrong model memory. lol.

I have accumulated 15 TX or more, most picked up at swap meets. I am a collection mania.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:22 PM
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
Joined Mar 2005
15,855 Posts
The JR X9303 can DL and UL to the average home computer or laptop.

Infinite memories.

I had 75 models programmed in my Tracker... but never took more than 7 to the field at once.
fhhuber506771 is offline Find More Posts by fhhuber506771