HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2013, 06:43 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,493 Posts
Where are you located ? Are you going to get into pylon racing even though it's not a .15 class ?
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2013, 06:50 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2001
390 Posts
I have no interest in racing. I'm just not familiar with these size racers and wanted an idea of their parameters - particularly wing area, aspect ratio and airfoil(s) so I get started in the right direction.

I don't mind developing a model through several prototypes, but I also like to start somewhat close. In other words, I don't want to start trying to design what will ultimately become a P-51 by starting with a Telemaster.
CafeenMan is offline Find More Posts by CafeenMan
Old Dec 04, 2013, 06:51 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2001
390 Posts
Oh yeah... I'm in Spring Hill, Florida - west of Orlando, north of Tampa, south of Brooksville. At 50 I'm the youngest man in town.
Old Dec 04, 2013, 07:43 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,493 Posts
I know where spring hill is. 25 miles from me. There's a big Race in Orlando this weekend. Sat and Sun if you want to come watch. The best and fastest RC Racing there is. Otherwise. There will be the slower Racing starting in January at the HAM field, club 40 but it doesn't even compare to a 3 Pole Race. I would say a Club 40 Race is like a local Carnival compared to the Worlds Fair.
Old Dec 04, 2013, 08:18 AM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
You calling me a Carnie there Dale?

bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Dec 04, 2013, 09:39 AM
Florida
Joined Dec 2001
390 Posts
I can't do anything on weekends. I work three overnight 12's - Fri, Sat & Sun. It's a great schedule because then I have the whole week to ship orders for my small business, but it also means that I can't ever do much of anything with normal people.

You guys should hold your races on Wednesdays at 3 a.m. That's very convenient for me.
Old Dec 04, 2013, 10:34 AM
NMPRA 86T
United States, FL, Winter Haven
Joined Jan 2008
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueswope View Post

I am sure he wasn't; You are muck too tied up with girls gymnastics to have time to race, much less work at a carnival!!

Scott Smith
ScorpionRacing is online now Find More Posts by ScorpionRacing
Old Dec 04, 2013, 12:27 PM
United States, GA, Loganville
Joined Aug 2012
234 Posts
:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionracing View Post
i am sure he wasn't; you are muck too tied up with girls gymnastics to have time to race, much less work at a carnival!! :d

scott smith
:d
bigblueswope is offline Find More Posts by bigblueswope
Old Dec 04, 2013, 08:50 PM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblueswope View Post

HAHAHA. Naaaaa. Maybe it was a dumb analogy but there's nothing like 3 Pole Racing. All Day Saturday and Sunday. I have traveled 645 Miles to North Carolina to Race. It is a Blast. I can't imagine traveling that far for 3 rounds of Racing. 3 hours and your done.

The club 40 Races near me is 45 minutes away. I'll make all the races as
Long as it doesn't fall on a weekend of 3 Pole. and as long as they don't mess it up.