SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2012, 04:29 PM
Coldwater, Mi. USA
Joined Jul 2000
830 Posts
Fly-In
Keith Shaw Birthday Party, E-Fly, June 2 and 3rd 2012

Open invitation to all Electric Enthusiast

June 2 & 3 The Balsa Butchers will once again be hosting the "Keith Shaw Birthday Party Electric Fly-In" at their field near Coldwater, MI. The event will take place on June 2 and 3, 2012.
Contest Director: Dave Grife - E-mail: grifesd@yahoo.com or Phone: 517.279.8445 Please e-mail or call with any questions
The Flying Field will be open Friday, June 1 for early arrivals
Saturday, June 2, hours are from 9 a.m. 'til 5 p.m.
Sunday, June 3, hours are form 9 a.m. 'til 3 p.m.
Landing Fee is $10 for the weekend.
Directions: Quincy is approximately 4.5 miles east of I-69. Clizbe Road is approximately 1.6 miles east of Quincy. The Flying site is approximately 1.5 miles south of US-12 on the west side of Clizbe Road.

Map to Balsa Buther's Flying Field http://theampeer.org/events.html#TOP
Dave Grife is online now Find More Posts by Dave Grife
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 07:42 AM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,643 Posts
Dave,

Thought I would add to the massive number of posts. . I plan on coming, turn the wind machine off...

Denny
Dennis Sumner is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Old May 29, 2012, 05:12 AM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,466 Posts
Calling for our motel reservations this morning,

Ken & Chris Myers
Ken Myers is online now Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Old May 31, 2012, 06:06 AM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,466 Posts
Got our motel rooms at the Red Roof in Coldwater. We'll be there Friday afternoon.

Looks like the weather over and down there should be better than here for the weekend. Don't know why, but Chris always gets up to coming for this one and even take Friday off work. Ah, well, maybe that's why she likes it!
Old May 31, 2012, 11:00 AM
Wanted for breaking OHM's law
United States, MI, Canton
Joined Sep 2002
1,643 Posts
Ken,

I plan on checking the weather and coming down the best of the two days, right now it sounds like Sunday may be best a lower winds.....I'll see you one of the two days....

Denny
Dennis Sumner is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Sumner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:42 AM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
http://youtu.be/XHCJ-opN-Wo
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:55 PM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,466 Posts
Did ya notice what the wind was doing to Keith's beard? Did I mention a bit of wind? Well it didn't spoil the flying or fun. For those who don't know me, or never seen me, that was me, Ken Myers in the blue jacket, receiving the raffle prize for a Flying Models Subscription. Thanks to Flying Models and Don Belfort!

Sunday was not too bad either. No rain and sunny skies both days with temps in the low 70's. A little less wind would have been more fun, but all and all a great time.

Thanks to Dave Grife and his groups at Balsa Butcher's for all of their work in putting on this really enjoyable get together.