3,139 Posts
Complaint
Appeal

I would like to appeal (retroactively) the 5 day bay received:

Reason: User Trolling/Spamming
Immediate ban for trolling or spamming.

The moderator who warned you entered this comment:
-------
Please do not call other users names, antagonize the userbase, mock others, or persistently bash vendors and products.
-------

I feel like the moderator who banned be did so in non-equitable manner. I was one of many users in this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=1585664&pp=50 that were actively complaining about HobbyKing.

Also, that manner in which I was banned wasn't consistent with allowing me to learn from my mistakes. All of a sudden I received multiple mod points and was in the process of correcting those posts, when (I feel) the moderator got annoyed with my posts, and arbitrarily banned me (I had received 3 "edit your post" requests within an hour of this ban)
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Feb 24, 2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added last sentence
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:06 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Complaint about "bans"

in accordance with an email from Mr. Graham, I'm voicing my opinion regarding how bans are issued. Why when I am "banned" by a single moderator, am I not allowed to appeal to a neutral party? Even banned members should have a method of communicating with site leadership/administration, especially in situations when (as in my case this week) I felt like the ban was unwarranted, and occurred simply because the moderator got annoyed.

Mr Graham wrote me the following:

"As the system stands banned users cannot appeal points until the ban is up. While you may have a valid point it's not the current rule set that we use. After your ban you could appeal the points, as well as how bans are issued. The owner of the site is always open to things like this. Your ban is up in 2 days and 8 hours.
Jim T. "
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Appeal - This user would like to appeal his 5 day ban
Issue:
Quote:
I'm voicing my opinion regarding how bans are issued. Why when I am "banned" by a single moderator, am I not allowed to appeal to a neutral party? Even banned members should have a method of communicating with site leadership/administration, especially in situations when (as in my case this week) I felt like the ban was unwarranted, and occurred simply because the moderator got annoyed.
Notes - I have merged two of his threads on the same topic into this thread.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Feb 13, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Feb 22, 2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Jim why was this moved out of the moderator appeals thread
This issue has not been addressed!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
I spoke with the owner about this and bans cannot be appealed in the same manner as warned posts. Your ban was consistant with how the rules are enforced on the site. You could appeal the warnings (one at a time) that were issued to you.
Administrator
Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Feb 20, 2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: I added the last sentence.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I spoke with the owner about this and bans cannot be appealed in the same manner as warned posts. Your ban was consistant with how the rules are enforced on the site.
I am not happy with the closure on this issue Jim. Please explain in further detail how it was consistent.
I want to appeal the 10 points that I still have on my account from this ban. How can I do that!!??

You specifically said in your email that I could do this!

I'm also confused as to why you told me the owner was open to suggestions, when in fact he appears not to be?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:56 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Quote:
I am not happy with the closure on this issue Jim. Please explain in further detail how it was consistent.
You received enough warning points to be banned. You were banned. This is how the warning system works on RCG for you and all other users.

Quote:
You specifically said in your email that I could do this! I'm also confused as to why you told me the owner was open to suggestions, when in fact he appears not to be?
I was wrong in my assumption that you could appeal your ban. I apologize. You can appeal any warned posts that you have that have not been edited.
Administrator
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
You received enough warning points to be banned. You were banned. This is how the warning system works on RCG for you and all other users.

I was wrong in my assumption that you could appeal your ban. I apologize. You can appeal any warned posts that you have that have not been edited.
Mr. Graham,

I only have 1 single mod point from a warning for a post that is already in the mod appeals forum. That issue is being addressed.

I have 10 points from a single warning that the mod used to ban me. Those are the points that I would like to appeal.
Again, I don't feel as if the 10 point waning was appropriate and necessary.
How can I have THAT addressed?

Additionally, I would like to communicate my suggestions regarding bans to Mr Bourke, as you recommended. How can I do that?
Last edited by -= GYRO =-; Feb 20, 2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added one more question.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
I will look into that for you.
Administrator
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Hey Jim, is there any update available please? thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:27 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,445 Posts
Link to ban - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/infra...actionid=35573
Warning - User Trolling/Spamming
Posted not from moderator to user:
Please do not call other users names, antagonize the userbase, mock others, or persistently bash vendors and products.
Administrator
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Nov 1998
5,414 Posts
I reversed the ban for you. Usually the moderators ban users like that when they see a lot of reports because it is the best way to make sure someone doesn't go on a tear and wreak havoc.

Jim
jbourke is offline Find More Posts by jbourke
Administrator
Closed Thread