HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:53 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
Dig. Thanks. I should probably learn to hover it nose in really well first.

I have gotten to where I can hover the TechHead cb100 nose in indoors for a good while. I usta'could only do it for a quick second. The stock cb100 is boringly fun--it flies for 10 minutes before getting to 3.8V (been good inside on these cold days!) Progress is progress, I say, and like people told me in this thread, heli knowledge crosses across helis. The techhead is pretty quick, so I figure it's good training. Anyone else thinking about this m120d01 thing?

Rafa
That does look tempting.....so does the V450D01
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:04 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Walkera comes out with a new helicopter everyday
Xextriz is offline Find More Posts by Xextriz
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:05 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xextriz View Post
Ya know I never thought of that, and never realized that the head can go on 2 different ways, and because its a 3 bladed heli vs. 2 or 4, it makes a difference which way it's put on. That solved it, thank you very much.
Actually the more I look at your pictures I think you head orientation is correct..... at least in those pictures.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:15 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
Actually the more I look at your pictures I think you head orientation is correct..... at least in those pictures.
Well, I switched it, and until my ESC comes in the mail I won't know for sure. These things can be frustrating with having to configure and adjust and set up all the time. I think half the fun of RC helicopters is just upgrading and fixing them lol
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:16 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
do the phase test: put any blade line up with tail boom & give ELEV/AIL input, blade must be not changing pitch, repeat with all blades.If there's movement on blade then phasing is incorrect, may be antirotation kit (plastic black thing) has problem.
AC
Do you mean just ELE input there won't be pitch change?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:21 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Well, I switched it, and until my ESC comes in the mail I won't know for sure. These things can be frustrating with having to configure and adjust and set up all the time. I think half the fun of RC helicopters is just upgrading and fixing them lol
The hole with the recess for the nut lines up with one of the blade pivots. The other side lines up between 2 blade pivots. That's why I think it is right in your pictures.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:28 PM
USA, NC, Havelock
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
The hole with the recess for the nut lines up with one of the blade pivots. The other side lines up between 2 blade pivots. That's why I think it is right in your pictures.
..well it didn't fly right at all, so it's worth a shot. If it still doesn't fix it I'll put it back to the way I had it in the photos and figure out a different solution
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:48 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
..well it didn't fly right at all, so it's worth a shot. If it still doesn't fix it I'll put it back to the way I had it in the photos and figure out a different solution
I am pretty sure it was right, so when you test it be careful. Also if it is reversed I think the only way to make the upper links clear the swash bracket is to have them tilt the other way and connect to a different ball link on the swash. This will make them 120 degrees off in the other direction. The result is your phasing is off by 60 degrees. I did this once by mistake. Flyable.... but not right.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
hey guys sorry im back still with the same problem, and no I never had the head apart
Kevinmt10 is offline Find More Posts by Kevinmt10
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:35 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
im gonna try what the other guy did to see if that works
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:09 PM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
That was it!!!!!!!!! Thank you all you have all been an awesome help
Old Jan 14, 2011, 07:45 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
Hi Everybody
I have been flying contra rotating helis for some time now, but wanted something more challenging.
I saw the 4f200 on you tube and it looks like a fantastic helicopter. I was ready to buy it, when I came across this thread.
Well, I dont know what to say, really , it seems like bad news on the build front.
Would I be right in summing up this helicopter as a really good design, poorly executed, with poor materials and second rate electronics?
I certainly dont want a heli that breaks down all the time, and falls apart all on its own. Goodness knows it will get enough thrashing when it hits the ground time and time again as it inevitably will.
Reading the threads of some of the other helis, eg the black angel, these models have their supporters who continually swear how great they are. This one does not seem to have this fan base.
Pity. It looks fantastic.
simian is offline Find More Posts by simian
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:06 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simian View Post
Hi Everybody
I have been flying contra rotating helis for some time now, but wanted something more challenging.
I saw the 4f200 on you tube and it looks like a fantastic helicopter. I was ready to buy it, when I came across this thread.
Well, I dont know what to say, really , it seems like bad news on the build front.
Would I be right in summing up this helicopter as a really good design, poorly executed, with poor materials and second rate electronics?
I certainly dont want a heli that breaks down all the time, and falls apart all on its own. Goodness knows it will get enough thrashing when it hits the ground time and time again as it inevitably will.
Reading the threads of some of the other helis, eg the black angel, these models have their supporters who continually swear how great they are. This one does not seem to have this fan base.

I am pretty happy with mine. I don't really have any major quality issues with it considering its price point. I think this is a first CP for some (including myself) which will introduce a new level of complexity as far as set up an
flying goes. Some problems may come from inexperience (no offense intended to anyone) in setup/maintenence. This may contribute to the perception you are forming. I do think the 4f200 is a unique platform in a 200 or 250 class CP machine. I think it is probably easier to manage for a relatively inexperienced pilot than a Trex 250 or Gaui 200 or 255.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinmt10 View Post
That was it!!!!!!!!! Thank you all you have all been an awesome help
Glad it's sorted. Have you had a chance to fly it yet? What do you think?

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simian View Post
Hi Everybody
I have got both 4F200 and Trex 250. The 4F200 is easier to fly than the stock Trex 250, in fact the Trex is a very nasty demon. However, a Trex 250 fitted with a 3G FBL is much easier to fly than a 4F200. I really still cannot quite believe how stable it has become, but you are talking nearly $600 worth of equipment there.

I have only been able to have 14 flights with my 4F200, but in a shorter period of time, I have flown 125 flights with my Trex 250. Not only that, I have only replaced a pair of skids, a tail boom, a servo gear set, a pinion gear on the Trex 250. Whereas with the 4F200, I have replaced 5 servos already and a set of main blades. You should also bear in mind that spare parts from Align and clone makers are cheaper and more readily than those available than Walkera. For example, if you strip a servo, you have to buy a pack of 3 servos from Walkera. Wheras with Align, you only have to buy a pack of servo gears. Therefore, the long term cost are stacking heavily in favour of the Trex.

I have finally got some spare parts and I am determined to get the 4F200 right this time. At least, I have got a good idea about which parts is likely to fly off.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw