That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbenderusn View Post
I get paid NEXT WEEK......darnnit
Use he plastic, you won't need to pay for till next month

One habit I've always been in; use plastic only when I KNOW I'll have the cash to pay the bill. And I always pay in full so they can't hit me with 22% interest rate
Wnuk is offline Find More Posts by Wnuk
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2010, 09:48 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Lookyj,

Glad ya found us, we always wonder...What the heck is he up to now.
Take care, and get with JPEE when ya can.

Kyle,

I don't every remembering you talking about your PTSD. I go through times with that from my Nam days, even after 42 years. God Bless ya.

Yikes! I love your new camcorder, excellent quaility, and Milo is just sitting there with not a care in the world. What a DOG!

Vic,

Seems like you're always a day late and a dollar short. LMAO!
You need to get that Tractor sold...

Jim,

Great find on the Phoenix Sim, I know I paid a lot more for mine, Darn It.

Jay,

Last but not least...Settle down and go slow, tomorrow is another day. Take it from the ole one.
Love ya man,

Dave
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:15 PM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
short REPORT : at my "age" just to say I am STILL here . :-P
took the T-34MENTOR out and the BLADE SR. Both flew great. Made a film but deleted it because it didn't come out worthwhile (too far-too dark-plane too small). STUNT mode on the BLADE, still didn't get the nerve to take it UP and flip it. WEBBIE project is done, need to go 53miles to big field and fly/record/record (both in the air and in the camcorder) for the record. Wish DAVE would stop referring to himself as: "the old one"... nuts to that AYE AM THE OLD ONE....he is just a green youngster in Indiana. HA HA
when the camcorder that weighs .07oz arrives I will strap it on the BLADE and see just what THAT PROJECT throws at y'all...!!! always something to do.....YEAH
lost a day at work, they're all caught up and I lost a day's wages. RICK

it made me really happy to read the JEREMY LOOK again....Great stuff, HI JER !
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:24 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Sounds like you has a super day, Old one! Hope to see video of the BOT in flight real soon, Rick!

Jim
Old Mar 19, 2010, 10:41 PM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
My PTSD causes me to forget alot of things. I remember the binding when I set it up but thought I fixed it and checked it Thats why it takes me twice as long to do setup I have to go over everything multiple times
I know the feeling. My lack of 02 causes me to do stupid and it causes me to crash....which of course...costs money. Now I check things carefully and if I feel like I'm having a worse than normal day, I don't touch things. Crashed planes being on the wrong channel (DX6), smashed helicopters by having the wrong D/R selected....yup...STUPID STUFF. Trust me...I'm NOT throwing stones here. Just take it easy, take your time, and if you're feeling "off"...leave it alone cause it'll be there tomorrow....that's what I do. It won't be long if things keep going the way they are....I won't be flying anymore be it eyesight, memory, whatever.

Monday...I got a CT scan on my chest and a pulmonary function test at the Detroit VA Med Center. Dr. Hadji is gonna poop himself when he sees the results....I don't like the guy. Don't matter, aint no way he can disprove my situation. You know, everybody jumps a little when you stick it to 'em.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:21 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
As always Vic, hoping for the best for you.

Rick-The last e-mail you sent my way was outstanding, thanks for sharing it with me.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:57 AM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Snuck outthis AM and got 2 flights on the BF109 and 1 with the Flasher 450. Sim time is in my future as the comfort level with the heli is just not there yet. Also finding transitioning form plank to heli in the same session causes temporary brain failure. With a plank I don't need to think, with the heli I'm thinking too much. Hoping sim time will get me back on track.

Jim
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:01 AM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Im gonna try to get out here with the EXI shortly, I just sold the Belt cp.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:23 AM
My dog is PERFECT in my eyes
Joined Mar 2010
3,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracus View Post
Im gonna try to get out here with the EXI shortly, I just sold the Belt cp.
Jim...thanks. BTW...hows the wife doing, beena while.

Kyle.....have fun with the EXI. I say mine is an EXI, more like a frankenstein now. HK-450 frame, EXI bearings in the main, no idea what the tail boom is, the head and tail are EXI CNC, canopy I'm using is off a Legend 450. I got me a peices parts bird.

I did post for the FA-18 give a way.....yeah right. If it come down to winning that or getting hit by lightning on a hot sunny day with clear skies.....I'd get hit by the lightning first.
metalbenderusn is offline Find More Posts by metalbenderusn
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:13 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
I had 1 1/2 good flights 1st was just hovering around checking everything out, 2nd was idle up hovering, forward and back(tail-in) and few piros with some wind 7-10mph, 1/2 way thru I piro'd right and lost too much altitude gave some thr to keep from hitting the ground and had a boom strike(almost chopped he boom in half). I broke afew things and I will get it up again in no time.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 02:14 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:

Kyle.....have fun with the EXI. I say mine is an EXI, more like a frankenstein now. HK-450 frame, EXI bearings in the main, no idea what the tail boom is, the head and tail are EXI CNC, canopy I'm using is off a Legend 450. I got me a peices parts bird.

I did post for the FA-18 give a way.....yeah right. If it come down to winning that or getting hit by lightning on a hot sunny day with clear skies.....I'd get hit by the lightning first.
Thats the way my Belt cp was Mix of several diff heli's
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:10 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Quote:
She's been OK, thanks for asking. Still has some apparent minor issues we are working through but we are told they are "nothing to worry about". The concern is always there though. See another Dr. on Monday. Seems as though it's never ending. 2 years post surgeries and still things come up

Jim
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:14 PM
That looks about right!
Hunlock Creek, PA
Joined Jan 2010
1,227 Posts
Kyle- Ouch, you've been through a rough couple of days. Helis can eat you up so quick sometimes. What made you get rid of the belt CP, too many toys? I really felt like I struggled today myself just doing figure eights. This after last year being in inverted hover Just totally lacking in confidence right now with it I suppose.

Jim
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:21 AM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
I wasn't flying it anymore since I took out the RX and have been building foamie planes alot lately. I liked it I learned alot on it, some of my custom parts are a little harder to find now. Yeah its a new year flying season is starting and I'm 1 for 1
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:13 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined May 2002
1,264 Posts
Honorable mention

from one O/F to my young'uns in the BOB : Xcept, maybe Choppers (?) who is borderline:

I'm passing this on as I did not want to be the only old fart receiving it.

Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called, as you will see. Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.

Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal , Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War , the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam .

If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.

Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.

Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.

Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.

It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politician's, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Farts!

I was taught to respect my elders. It's just getting harder to find them.
BARRRICK is offline Find More Posts by BARRRICK
Last edited by BARRRICK; Mar 21, 2010 at 10:44 AM.