Old Jun 09, 2013, 09:14 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
470 Posts
Discussion
spytank good for fpv

Got one like this:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Brand-New-i-S...1ee0106&_uhb=1

Don't like to use iphone, plan to mod and change it to radio control spy tank. Any one tried before? is the camera output NTSC?
modelerchina is online now Find More Posts by modelerchina
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2013, 12:34 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,625 Posts
I tried land-based FPV on an RC Buggy a month or two back.

What I found was the RC reception is worst than video reception. I'm tested both with Thomas's LRS and Chainlink, and both failed about 100 meters out due to trees, cars and houses between the buggy and me.

But the worst part of land based FPV is the vibration as your drive and dizzyness from turning around. That did me in.

FPV Flying is so much easier.

BB
borneobear is offline Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jun 11, 2013, 01:26 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
I tried land-based FPV on an RC Buggy a month or two back.

What I found was the RC reception is worst than video reception. I'm tested both with Thomas's LRS and Chainlink, and both failed about 100 meters out due to trees, cars and houses between the buggy and me.

But the worst part of land based FPV is the vibration as your drive and dizzyness from turning around. That did me in.

FPV Flying is so much easier.

BB
I got about two blocks away, with my fpv summit the other day.

That was from inside the garage, and blowing signal through trees and houses.

I was using Rangelink LRS, and 1280mhz with skewed planar wheel on Vtx and Vrx.

I haven't tested a total range yet, but I will do that when I get the helical on the roof
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jan 05, 2015, 11:57 PM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
So if a you had a Futaba spread spectrum equipped ROV, and want to cruse the alley behind your house at night, and see whats out there, what would you use for FPV stereo?
allfx is offline Find More Posts by allfx
Old Jan 06, 2015, 01:14 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,573 Posts
Would depend on how integrated everything is. If you can take out the wifi controller and replace it with your own receiver and escs without ending up tearing the gearboxes and hinges apart, then it would be possible.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member