SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:08 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur P. View Post
Came accross this very interesting TriCopter site yesterday: http://shrediquette.blogspot.com/
He has some serious power on that. Nothing here that complex. Seems Germany ( I think thats where he is from) Is VERY serious about there RC. Around here, most people look at me as a forty two year old playing with "toy airplanes"
I hate that!!

Bob D
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
I wonder if vibration is more or less of an issue than the conventional heli when used for AP.
Lomcevac is offline Find More Posts by Lomcevac
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:20 PM
Joined Sep 2005
934 Posts
I think I may have build a Tricopter......... like I need a new project!
GallopingGhost is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhost
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:23 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signguy View Post

Tricopter alone 28oz or 812 gr

Bob D
Is this weight include the air frame, motors and electronics? If so, how much does the air frame weights along?
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevac View Post
I wonder if vibration is more or less of an issue than the conventional heli when used for AP.
A user by the name of Crash9 has an isolation camera mount, also I have been exploring one of these. Have not made the purchase yet.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...ightest/Detail
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:29 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Here is how I travel with my tricopter. I strap the folded tri to the wall of my sign truck. I can almost always get an AP job, when I go out on a sign job.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
Is this weight include the air frame, motors and electronics? If so, how much does the air frame weights along?
Yes, that is a total. I don't know how much just the frame weighs. I wasn't taking weights during the build. Sorry.

Bob D
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:31 PM
Shrediquetter
Bremen, Germany
Joined Apr 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
He has some serious power on that. Nothing here that complex. Seems Germany ( I think thats where he is from) Is VERY serious about there RC. Around here, most people look at me as a forty two year old playing with "toy airplanes"
I hate that!!
Haha :-D I have to disappoint you... It's the same here in Germany... :-D People do not understand that developing such a thing is a little bit more than just playing with toys. But I am okay with that. I am 29, and I still have the right to play with whatever I want! ;-)
My toy project becomes more and more professional, I think it will soon be possible for everyone that is interested, to build such a thing. But it will be around 500 euros... Not really cheap, but great fun to fly!
Willa1980 is offline Find More Posts by Willa1980
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:47 PM
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Is there any reason you couldn't use the throttle channel/curve for the ESC's instead of the pitch channel? that way you would have the throttle lock.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:58 PM
Joined Aug 2009
11,707 Posts
Quote:
Yes, that is a total. I don't know how much just the frame weighs. I wasn't taking weights during the build. Sorry.

Bob D
thank you, the reason I asked is, I have allot of lets call it it junk that I have been collecting for years, so I was going to do some parts substitution. I have some plastic extruded curtain rods that will make perfect booms.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:02 PM
Shrediquetter
Bremen, Germany
Joined Apr 2007
250 Posts
Quote:
Is there any reason you couldn't use the throttle channel/curve for the ESC's instead of the pitch channel?
I am not sure if you are talking about my project... But you do not really need a throttle lock. A 3-stages switch (channel 5) disables or enables the pitch channel (in the software of the tricopter. Like this, it is very unlikely that the motors start turning without you wanting them to. The advantage is that you don't need to program anything in your TX. Just select an aircraft mode and that's it. All settings are selscted inside my GUI.
Willa1980 is offline Find More Posts by Willa1980
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:06 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevac View Post
Is there any reason you couldn't use the throttle channel/curve for the ESC's instead of the pitch channel? that way you would have the throttle lock.
Its just the way the ccpm mix works. You could set a flight mode in the transmitter that sets the pitch curve to 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% on all points, that would kill the throttle. I just make sure when I put down my transmitter, it doesn't fall forward onto the sticks
Bob D
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:08 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendrichie View Post
thank you, the reason I asked is, I have allot of lets call it it junk that I have been collecting for years, so I was going to do some parts substitution. I have some plastic extruded curtain rods that will make perfect booms.
The rods might be heavy. My wood booms are 1.24oz per foot, and are very strong and resilliant. They will bend before breaking.
Bob D
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:12 PM
Dorset UK
Joined Dec 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Its just the way the ccpm mix works. You could set a flight mode in the transmitter that sets the pitch curve to 0% 0% 0% 0% 0% on all points, that would kill the throttle. I just make sure when I put down my transmitter, it doesn't fall forward onto the sticks
Bob D
Of course it is! Time I got some sleep!

Thanks Bob
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:14 PM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa1980 View Post
Haha :-D I have to disappoint you... It's the same here in Germany... :-D People do not understand that developing such a thing is a little bit more than just playing with toys. But I am okay with that. I am 29, and I still have the right to play with whatever I want! ;-)
My toy project becomes more and more professional, I think it will soon be possible for everyone that is interested, to build such a thing. But it will be around 500 euros... Not really cheap, but great fun to fly!
Are those boards available? Or will they be available? I have seen some of your videos, that thing is very stable.
Bob D
( a 42yo playing with toys!)