HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:59 PM
winchester, UK
Joined Jul 2010
195 Posts
Discussion
Part 2 --help identifying this pattern ship

Following on from a previous post a couple of months back, I now have this ship in flying order.

Its had its maiden with me, but unfortunately I had it far too nose heavy and it was a real pig to fly (far too quick... the landing was pretty speedy)

patternsfirstflight (3 min 3 sec)

Using a CoG calculator, it puts the COG behind the wing joiner tube, which seems scarily far back compared to what I have been used to with other fixed wing planes I have owned and flown.... but its been a while, I have been pretty heli intensive the past year, including starting a local club with another heli flyer

Anyway, back on topic... as you guys asked for, i've taken some more photos, which hopefully may shed more light on the model, and also measured a little more carefully. I note from the last thread that people thought the canopy was installed the wrong way round, but looking at the clear part of the canopy, it its moulded to go that way round on the canopy, and the canopy itself can only fit one way.

New measurements:

Wingspan (tip to tip) 64 inches, or 164cm
Length (tip of spinner to end of rudder) 66 inches or 168cm

Please have a look at the enclosed photos and see if you can shed any further light on this. I suspect it was built in Canada rather than the UK, but cant be 100% sure from the history.
jimmyhorns is offline Find More Posts by jimmyhorns
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2013, 06:09 AM
winchester, UK
Joined Jul 2010
195 Posts
no ideas?...
jimmyhorns is offline Find More Posts by jimmyhorns