Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:16 PM
4d FTW
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Help!
I cant update!!!

Hello,

I am running PhoenixRC v2.5.u and I want to upgrade to v3 or v4. I cant find a update that will work. If you have a link/file that will work please respond.

Thanks,

LowkeyRC
LowkeyRC is offline Find More Posts by LowkeyRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:26 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Tech support should be able to help you. give them a call.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:46 AM
United States, PA, Schellsburg
Joined Jan 2013
56 Posts
just went thru what is happening to you. i have the v2.5 also. was told that they no longer support the 2.5 anymore for updates. they changed the ip address that it uses in the 4.0 version. i had tried for 3-4 straight days and it did not work.
(btw, the info above comes from phoenix rc.)

i mentioned this in another forum and was told the same.
so i called horizon hobby and they said the same. so they are sending me the latest version at no cost. should be getting it today. but, they said since the only server for the phoenix is in the U.K., i may still have some problems with an update. only because of the server being so busy though.
lx2008 is offline Find More Posts by lx2008
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:19 AM
4d FTW
United States, WI, Oshkosh
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
just went thru what is happening to you. i have the v2.5 also. was told that they no longer support the 2.5 anymore for updates. they changed the ip address that it uses in the 4.0 version. i had tried for 3-4 straight days and it did not work.
(btw, the info above comes from phoenix rc.)

i mentioned this in another forum and was told the same.
so i called horizon hobby and they said the same. so they are sending me the latest version at no cost. should be getting it today. but, they said since the only server for the phoenix is in the U.K., i may still have some problems with an update. only because of the server being so busy though.
Thanks I will call them later today.

LowkeyRC
LowkeyRC is offline Find More Posts by LowkeyRC
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:26 AM
United States, IL, Mundelein
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Just upgraded to Windows 8.1 and also couldn't get my Phoenix version 2.5f to upgrade. Searched and found this post; called Horizon Hobby expecting the complimentary upgrade disk, however, I would have to send them pictures of my previous disk and Phoenix USB adapter and that now they are charging $26 for a replacement disk!

I complained that that was ridiculous; I was using 4.x last week and now that I upgraded my OS (which they show as compatible) I have to pay them - even though they claim FREE upgrades. Guy wouldn't budge as "that is their policy".

Unreal.
DAKn2 is online now Find More Posts by DAKn2
Old Dec 25, 2013, 04:34 PM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
366 Posts
Upgrade any version to 4.0

Here you can download the update to 4.0, then automatic updates will work...this file will update any version to 4.0 If one of the links don't work try the others...should be 821 MB download...I am very surprised Tech support did not tell you where to get the update.

http://www.phoenix-sim-files.com/upd..._40_update.exe

http://www.phoenixsim-files2.com/upd..._40_update.exe

http://www.phoenix-sim-files3.com/up..._40_update.exe

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Dec 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos36 View Post
I am very surprised Tech support did not tell you where to get the update.
Don't be. I'm surprised the links even still work. There's a thread somewhere that someone got a response claiming it was getting too difficult for them to continue building upgrades from older versions. Others theorize that it's Horizon Hobby's influence.

But really it's not a feasible business model for Runtime Games to continue to give away free upgrades forever. Also I doubt Horizon Hobby is willing to give away upgrades forever. It will not surprise me if v5 is a paid upgrade.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Dec 31, 2013, 07:46 PM
Joined Feb 2010
285 Posts
Works great :)

the second link worked for me

up& running ver. 4.0.q, great stuff!!!

Thank you Ken

Happy new year
carlostomasso is offline Find More Posts by carlostomasso